Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

You've been quite kind to him to be honest, the whole piece was full of nonsense.

Bradley Wiggins FR.gif 9/2 match-odds.gif Andy Murray FR.gif 9 SO.gif

I think I've already picked up on his backing of Murray to win SP and joked I was going to put a tenner on Wiggins.

Mind you I've learnt it's always best to gloat after after you've been proven right than before, otherwise there is a chance he might actually be right, and as I've said he's got to get fluke one at somepoint in the future.

lol lol So many of these knocking about it's incredible.

I'm going to the 2nd semi final on Sunday forward to it, bagged a front row seat as well. Hope it's Federer.

Saturday, right?

Reckon as long as Murray is still involved he'll be in the evening SF...I'd say it's pretty likely he'll be playing Federer, assuming that he loses to Djokovic in the group stage and Djoko tops the group. Otherwise you might get Murray-Del P.

Good gritty win for Murray today - traditional slow start but was well on top by the end.

Saturday, right?

Reckon as long as Murray is still involved he'll be in the evening SF...I'd say it's pretty likely he'll be playing Federer, assuming that he loses to Djokovic in the group stage and Djoko tops the group. Otherwise you might get Murray-Del P.

Good gritty win for Murray today - traditional slow start but was well on top by the end.

He did well.

Sunday, the final has been moved to Monday for some strange reason this year.

He did well.

Sunday, the final has been moved to Monday for some strange reason this year.

That's interesting stuff, didn't know that. Very odd. Well, I think my point about Murray in the evening SF is still valid, hopefully you'll get to see him play Federer as you want.

Expect Murray to make it to the SF's now as I can't see him losing to Tsonga on this surface/format. Mind you, he did go out in highly interesting circumstances in 2009 having won two matches when the Federer-Del P match ended in one of only 3 possible exact scorelines that put him out on percentage of games won.

Had a great time there, ended up going to the final as well, forgot what a great arena for tennis it is.

Djokovic might actually be a better baseliner than Nadal is, he really is incredible.

• 1 month later...

Murray opens up against Haase at midnight tonight. Djoko won easily enough last night and Fed plays sometime early tomorrow morning.

Murray has got a pretty good draw, though for some reason I'm a bit apprehensive about Haase - he was two sets up on Murray before he clawed it back last time they played, so I've got a feeling he'll make Andy work for it. After that though it seems reasonably plain sailing until a possible meeting with Del P in the QF. The H2H is 5-1 in Murrays favour which suggests he can deal with that, but they've not played since Del P's long-term injury, so there's a few uncertainties there.

Djoko's draw is pretty cakewalk - only Berdych in the QF is a potential threat IMO.

Fed's draw is nasty. Potentially facing Davydenko in R2, home favourite Tomic in R3 and Raonic in R4, followed by Tsonga in the QF. That's fairly brutal. Knowing him he should come through, but you wonder how much he'll then have in the tank for a potential SF against Murray.

My tip is a Murray-Djoko final...with Nole probably coming out on top this time due to being fresher.

So far so predictable...expect it to remain the case tonight, though the Fed-Davydenko match might be entertaining for the first half hour or so.

Just popping up with a fun sport-related fact: Joao Sousa, the world no.100 and Andy Murrays opponent tonight, is (apparently) the son of one former Leicester manager Paulo Sousa.

Here's hoping the son is as good at tennis as the manager was at management during his rather short time at LCFC.

Edited by leicsmac

So far so predictable...expect it to remain the case tonight, though the Fed-Davydenko match might be entertaining for the first half hour or so.

Just popping up with a fun sport-related fact: Joao Sousa, the world no.100 and Andy Murrays opponent tonight, is (apparently) the son of one former Leicester manager Paulo Sousa.

Here's hoping the son is as good at tennis as the manager was at management during his rather short time at LCFC.

Cool fact did not know that at all, but can't see him causing any problems for Murray though.