Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Longest rally was 70 shots because Simon and Monfils are 2 of the most passive players going. Can always guarantee clownery in any match Gael plays.

Djokovic Wawrinka gone into a 5th. Stan is playing out of his mind.

It's not so much they were both passive, they were both injured and wrecked. One couldn't run and the other could barely hold his racquet, made for an odd odd game.

Can't really read much into the form of the top players thus far...Murray has had an easy time of it but he's not had to stretch himself thanks to Del P being inconsistent still, Federer looks in good nick but he's played the kind of players who will make him look like that and Djoko had a hard time against Stan but probably will have no problem recovering due to his immense stamina.

Really speaking the tournament starts now. Murray should have few problems against Chardy. Both Djoko and Federer may have problems if their respective opponents Berdych and Tsonga come out all guns blazing - they've both caused shocks like that before. But for some reason I can't see any major upsets happening in the QF either.

Top 4 for the semifinals.

And top 4 for the semifinals is the way it turned out, thanks largely to Tsonga buckling under pressure in the third set TB and Almagro in what was possibly one of the most sensational chokes of all time - served for the match 3 times and couldn't get the job done.

Djokovic shouldn't have too many problems with Ferrer - Ferrers strength is outlasting people, and Djoko can outlast him - Ferrer has no other weapons with which to hurt him.

The other semifinal will be much, much closer. I can't actually call this one - you may as well flip a coin, I think it's an even 50/50 matchup. It'll come down to who has the better day at the office on the day. Gun to my head I'd say Federer is a marginal favourite based on past GS history...but it is marginal.

Looking forward to it!

love him or hate him, he one of the worlds best now. Murray 2 years ago would of lost that 5th set. No lie in on Sunday then!

He probably would have lost in four sets two years ago, over the past year he has gone from an almost man to a champion. His playing style is more aggressive and today he actually hit more winners than Federer.

Edited by shearfox