Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

A year ago I said in this same thread test the gap between Murray and the players above him was closing. Today and the events of the last 12 months have proven that the gap had closed completely. He is amongst the truly elite. Great to see.

Now to make some more history by beating Djokovic on Sunday!

Murray's wins at Olympics and US Open has really changed his mindset, he is more confident and his capability to see out final sets is much better now.

Djokovic has seriously picked up his level, after that epic against Wawrinka.

So I am going for a Djokovic win in four.

He probably would have lost in four sets two years ago, over the past year he has gone from an almost man to a champion. His playing style is more aggressive and today he actually hit more winners than Federer.

That has the been the main difference for me, he doesn't just stick in rallies with his sliced backhand hoping for his opponent to make a mistake, he goes out and attacks them, he made a lot of unforced errors today, but because he was going for winners.

His previous tactic was fine against lesser opponents but wouldn't work over 5 sets against the big boys and he would come unstuck against one of the minnows when they come out and attack.

I can't wait for rafa to return and get back to his best then there will be some real classic games especially as he will have no ranking points and could really have some big confrontations in the early stages.

First thing's first Murray in the final, would be cracking for him to win it.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

Murray just didn't seem to be at his best, once Djokovic raised his level after winning the second set it was always going to just go one way.

Losing the second set tie break took it out of Murray mentally and physically, a shame as up until then he was matching Novak and arguably had the better of him in those first 2 sets.