Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Depends, Can it be proven?

Personally I think Murray has gone above and beyond to try to change the public perception of him that the medias lies created, but there clearly are people who simply refuse to listen and instead pursue their own irrational view.

Possibly, highlights or maybe full match and afters on YouTube? So it's not hardly a dig to the poster above. lol

Don't remember Murray refusing to sign anything at the Olympics. You see the players leave the court after every match and sign lots and there's always a few that get missed, so it would probably be that. Would be astonished if Murray actually refused someone seeing as he's quoted as saying he asked Agassi for an autograph as a kid and was refused, and vowed never to refuse to sign one should he make it as a player. It's in his autobiography. Seeing as all the Murray haters love taking everything he says or writes at face value, you'll love that quote.

Edited by Facecloth

Hewitt rolling back the years on Court No. 1 now two sets up against Wawrinka

He loves the place. Beat Del Potro here not too long ago, and pushed Tsonga last year. He's by far the most dangerous unseeded player at Wimby on paper. 

Do people still dislike Murray?

Apparently. Even though the vast majority of reasons for strong dislike have been comprehensively debunked over and over. 

Edited by leicsmac

lol

Anything to have a dig at murray.

It's not a dig, we were on the tube after day 1 last year on the way back and some young kids had those balls, I happened to ask them who had signed them, they reeled some players off then their mum said 'but Andy refused after he and his brother lost'.

It only takes a few seconds of his life to put a smile on a youngsters face for the rest of the day.

After seeing him in that charity match after Queens it shows he has got a personality and a funny side to him, if only he showed it more in interviews, by the way I'm no Murray hater but at the same time I won't cheer him on.

Edited by promised land

It's not a dig, we were on the tube after day 1 last year on the way back and some young kids had those balls, I happened to ask them who had signed them, they reeled some players off then their mum said 'but Andy refused after he and his brother lost'.

It only takes a few seconds of his life to put a smile on a youngsters face for the rest of the day.

Is that having a dig when it happened?

:yawn:

After seeing him in that charity match after Queens it shows he has got a personality and a funny side to him, if only he showed it more in interviews, by the way I'm no Murray hater but at the same time I won't cheer him on.

So someone told you he refused? You don't actually know. As I said earlier player sign loads of shit as they walk off the court, people get missed all the time. You see them waving their programmes, balls, caps etc at the players, some get signed some don't. How do you know that's not what happened and these boys just had the hump because they missed out?

Fair enough - there's a number of explanations for Murray not to have signed that kids ball at the end, though.

I don't mind people who are ambivalent towards Murray or support someone else - that's up to them. What really annoys me are those who actively support every opponent he plays on account of some irrational BS reason. 

I actually agree with you about the interviews - I do think that he shields a lot of himself from the media because that they've screwed him over something nasty in the past. I'd probably do the same in the same situation. You never know when something you say or do is going to be taken out of context.

Plus he seems to be ignoring the fact that Andy Murray has signed autographs after he's lost, infact if you look on some tennis forums he's got a very good rep for giving lots of time to meeting fans and signing stuff.

So your post ststing 'I doubt you'd see Murray do that' is incorrect.

Maybe they were right at the end of the line and he'd already signed umpteen balls, they never said.

What has the press written badly about him then?

I thought they all liked him being the first true challenger for majors we've had since Fred Perry.

Massively emphasising the British/Scottish thing mainly.

But the big thing was the World Cup 2006 Joke that all the papers jumped on, got so out of hand in the minds of the English populace that even the papers were surprised, and some folk still think he was being serious about that to this day.

I think it's that incident more than anything which makes him watch what he says.