Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

Can't see it.

He put out Berdych last year, on a day where he's running hot he's a threat to anyone outside the top 4. Plus Tsonga seems disinterested. I could be wrong but I think it's a value bet.

Dustin Brown to beat Hewitt, you heard that here first.

If Hewitt has an off day it's possible, but I think he's too on-form right now.

Guest MattP

He's very talented, just got no bottle and no composure.

For his talent it's a disgrace he has never got the 2nd round of any slam.

yeah that's starting to show in the 2nd set. He has so much variety though

He does, but sadly with the homogenisation of the courts talent and variety can be overcome by fitness and grinding these days. That's why Nadal and Djokovic have won so much. Also why Ferrer is no.5 in the world.

He does, but sadly with the homogenisation of the courts talent and variety can be overcome by fitness and grinding these days. That's why Nadal and Djokovic have won so much. Also why Ferrer is no.5 in the world.

Very true. This guy looks pretty fit though (no homo) lol

He's actually 4th at the minute embarrassingly.

Brown breaks at exactly the right time again!

That said, Hewitt is king of the 5-set comeback so this one not over yet.

Edit: As an aside, laughing at all the two-week tennis fans on Twitter eulogising Brown when they had no idea who he was an hour and a half ago. There's always one name who makes a name for himself at one Slam and then heads back into obscurity. Dolgopolov at Aus Open 2011 anyone?

Edited by leicsmac

Guest MattP

Edit: As an aside, laughing at all the two-week tennis fans on Twitter eulogising Brown when they had no idea who he was an hour and a half ago. There's always one name who makes a name for himself at one Slam and then heads back into obscurity. Dolgopolov at Aus Open 2011 anyone?

Probably the main reason this country struggles so much at Tennis, people think it lasts for two weeks during Wimbledon and that's it.

Wasn't as bad as the late 90's when you had 'tennis fans' watching Wimbledon devoutly and not even knowing who Guga Kuertan was when you engaged them in conversation..

Probably the main reason this country struggles so much at Tennis, people think it lasts for two weeks during Wimbledon and that's it.

Wasn't as bad as the late 90's when you had 'tennis fans' watching Wimbledon devoutly and not even knowing who Guga Kuertan was when you engaged them in conversation..

Yep. not having a british grand slam winner for so long didn't help either, I just dont think tennis is one of the sports that most brits really care about.

Yep. not having a british grand slam winner for so long didn't help either, I just dont think tennis is one of the sports that most brits really care about.

True, true. 

This is one reason why I want Murray to win Wimbledon so much, as well as a couple more other Slams - it'll boost the profile of the sport immensely and might garner more interest outside of Wimbledon for it. 

Guest MattP

5/1 Jesus.

He's ranked about 20 places higher than Hewitt aint he.

Can vaguely understand it though, Hewitt a champions who has just beat Wawrinka straight, Brown never past a second round anywhere and has no bottle at all usually.

Was a big price though and was a gut feeling, still going to be a big ask as on the big points it's a guy who buckles under pressure v a guy who is one of the best pressure players of all time.

What's with the amount of injuries this season?

Is it just me or is there a hell of a lot of more strapping on players and pull-outs so far, only 3 days in? Azarenka and Darcis today, Kohlschrieber yesterday. Kvitova also had to have the trainer on for a while. Is it just precautionary? Surface any different to previous years?

5/1 Jesus.

He's ranked about 20 places higher than Hewitt aint he.

Nope, about 110 places below.

I'll admit that I didn't know who Brown was before today. I am a bit of a two week tennis fan but what's wrong with that. I really enjoy Wimbledon and watched a bit of the French too.

Snobs :P

Sorry  :P It's always good to see more people interested in the game, only for a little while.

Just don't like people jumping to conclusions after one match.  :thumbup: Tennis happens 42 weeks of the year, but the Twitterati don't seem to get that.

What's with the amount of injuries this season?

Is it just me or is there a hell of a lot of more strapping on players and pull-outs so far, only 3 days in? Azarenka and Darcis today, Kohlschrieber yesterday. Kvitova also had to have the trainer on for a while. Is it just precautionary? Surface any different to previous years?

Isner pulled out today too.