Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

What's with the amount of injuries this season?

Is it just me or is there a hell of a lot of more strapping on players and pull-outs so far, only 3 days in? Azarenka and Darcis today, Kohlschrieber yesterday. Kvitova also had to have the trainer on for a while. Is it just precautionary? Surface any different to previous years?

Actually going back to this, it's not all surface and fall related. Darcis had a shoulder injury and Kohlschrieber the flu. Azarenka I'm not surprised she pulled out, it was a nasty fall, I'm amazed she finished that match actually. Not seen what Isner and Stepenek did to pul out.

Dustin Brown has qualified for Grand Slams before. He is a danger, because of his big hitting but has never really done anything, he played Murray in the second round of the 2010 US Open, and I can remember the first set, and Murray body language was like, WTF has just hit me, but he weathered the storm and managed to suss Brown out and win comfortably. 

But these withdrawals today, Isner, Darcis, Stepanek, Azarenka and now Cilic. 

P.S Bouchard just knocked out Ivanovic, what a babe. 

Actually going back to this, it's not all surface and fall related. Darcis had a shoulder injury and Kohlschrieber the flu. Azarenka I'm not surprised she pulled out, it was a nasty fall, I'm amazed she finished that match actually. Not seen what Isner and Stepenek did to pul out.

Isner pulled out with left knee injury.

Yeah, I didn't mean all of them. I was just surprised that there have been so many in such a short amount of time.

Isner had a knee injury.

OK, Gulbis in idiot mode then. Looks like Tsonga will have it.

Still, it was worth a 9/2 shot as I reckon he'd turn up firing and Tsonga would turn up disinterested more than 2 times in every 11.

Surely it was 2 in every 9?

Exactly. And I think Gulbis would be on form enough to beat Tsonga more than 2 in every 11.

Well I disagree with you there lol he hasn't won 2 games in a row on grass at tour level for about 5 years never mind doing so and beating a very competent top ten player in the process but there we are.

If he stopped getting pissed he might be alright as it is I think he is massively over rated.

EDIT: Just as I say that he breaks lol, although tamest volley ever from Tsonga to set up the winner  :blink:  put it away.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Well I disagree with you there lol he hasn't won 2 games in a row on grass at tour level for about 5 years never mind doing so and beating a very competent top ten player in the process but there we are.

If he stopped getting pissed he might be alright as it is I think he is massively over rated.

Oh yeah, I'm with you in that he's a massive playboy moron. But as was seen in the match against Berdych last year when he turns up he can be a real threat to these 5-8 ranked players. Berdych has reached the final in 2010, remember.

It's just a question of him turning up and actually being arsed to play before taking his private jet back to wherever. I thought he could do it again today.

And as we speak, he's just broken Tsonga in the 2nd set.

Gulbis is very talented, and not overrated.

It just depends if he can be bothered to turn up, sometimes he can't be arsed, and his basically said that himself in the past. 

But when he is committed he is a danger to anybody.