Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Football Manager Live Beta Test

Aguero!?!

I still get laughed at in my GW for signing Semih for a million. lol

Nah not Agüero :sweating: had him contract protected, but my immense RW who assisted about 75% of Agüero's goals was nicked, and both my keepers :angry: I had to play about 10 games without a keeper :laugh:

edit: £1million for that? :giggle:

I only payed £1.25m for Agüero :P

• 3 weeks later...

Romping my GW at the moment stormed up the rankings to 84th from 250th and have massive unbeaten streaks of up to 20 at a time split up by 1 loss here and there.

My squad isn't even that impressive but it's winning by the bucket load. And we've just been promoted to the Premiership at the secnod time of asking - after only staying in the championship by the skin of my teeth last season (a team above me went bust and was auto relegated).

The starting line up - a straight 4-5-1 attacking with the side 4 midfielders attacking and the CM with a defensive arrow. Plus attacking wing backs and ultra defensive centre backs.

Stuart Taylor

Jan Kromkamp Habib Bellaid Alexsander Tunchev Sebastien Dubarbier

Iain Hume Mark Randall Derek Boateng Hossam Ghaly Wes Hoolahan

Blas Perez

Subs:

Dwayne Miller (GK)

Jack Hobbs (CB)

Rhoys Wiggins (WBL)

Andy King (AMC)

Neil Danns (AMRC)

Erling Knutzden (AMR)

Dave Nugent (S)

Nathan Delfeuneso (S)

Nick Chadwick (S)

Need a right back and to get rid of Chadwick and Knutzden first thing next season. Also need to buy alternatives for my aging squad as Taylor, Kromkamp, Tunchev, Ghaly and Perez are the wrong side of 30, not by much yet but need younger back up. Perez has replacements ready made in Nugent and Delfeuneso and Ghaly has King, Tunchev has Hobbs, so a new keeper may be in order as well as a right back.

My 300k budget needs to be stretched. Bring on the wage auctions.

My GW is completely fooked up atm, the latest version caused a load of problems, such as injuries not healing, or taking a year to heal, everybody's tactics been lost etc, been dropping like a stone in the rankings with Aguero one of the ones out injured, from about 75th to nearly 200th before the season end, have only played about 2 games in a week, only youth games.

Starting XI:

picture1nkk.png

My GW is completely fooked up atm, the latest version caused a load of problems, such as injuries not healing, or taking a year to heal, everybody's tactics been lost etc, been dropping like a stone in the rankings with Aguero one of the ones out injured, from about 75th to nearly 200th before the season end, have only played about 2 games in a week, only youth games.

Starting XI:

picture1nkk.png

To be fair, you are in a beta gameworld.

You'd better not have cropped that image because you aren't using my new skin! ;)

To be fair, you are in a beta gameworld.

You'd better not have cropped that image because you aren't using my new skin! ;)

Yeah I wasn't complaining :P it's the first major problem, last beta my client or somethign just died, never got to sign onto that world again.

Also, you designed Vibrante? :o

Yeah I wasn't complaining :P it's the first major problem, last beta my client or somethign just died, never got to sign onto that world again.

Also, you designed Vibrante? :o

I did, taken me 4 months that ****ing thing...SO ENJOY :@

All problems seem fixed now :)

And Ricey, it's growing on me :P

Got promoted last season and only just found out lol

Out of curiosity, because I've had a lack of constructive feedback, why is the skin growing on you? What didn't you like when you first used it?

It was just, sort of overwhelming when you first switch. It's a bit more colourful, which is partly why it seems overwhelming, but it makes it a little more interesting too :P After I used it for a while I got used to it, everything's still in the same place. There's bits of both skins I prefer, but overall I like them both the same amount.

It was just, sort of overwhelming when you first switch. It's a bit more colourful, which is partly why it seems overwhelming, but it makes it a little more interesting too :P After I used it for a while I got used to it, everything's still in the same place. There's bits of both skins I prefer, but overall I like them both the same amount.

Why are you not with Andy?!

• 2 weeks later...

Up to 72nd in the Rankings! Came 3rd in the Championship on goal difference, won the League Cup :D and im about to start my 4th season with the below team. Im in the Champions League and am screaming up the rankings after beating the top seed 2-0 yesterday.

GK: Stuart Taylor

DR: Phil Ifill

DL: Sebastian Dubarbier

DC: Alex Tunchev

DC: Habib Bellaid

MR: David Odonkor

ML: Wes Hoolahan

CM: Mark Randall

DM: Derek Boateng

CM: Hossam Ghaly

ST: Blas Perez

SUBS:

GK: Jimmy Borja

DC: Jack Hobbs

WBL: Cedric Evina

AMC: Andy King

AMRC: Neil Danns

AMR/FC: Iain Hume

ST: Dave Nugent

ST: Nathan Delfueneso

ST: Yannis Tafer

I have a few 4-5* potential youth players coming through as well but i don't get the time to play them as often as i'd like. The fitness of some of my 2nd string is debatable as well so i've taken to some Reserve comps to be hopefully sorted out by my AI to keep the green boots away. May have to get the U17s involved as well, but this would mean taking on some loanees as my u17s are lacking in numbers, may turn to U19 comps with my U17 squad plus a mix of my U21s.

Money wise im up and down like a cheap thai hooker. Never plus or minus 500k though. Although i sold Kromkamp for 500k and managed to only go 200k in the green. Shambles. Have a few offers for Delfeounso im considering as well as eying up the signing of Andrew Surman off of a 14 year old who is awful in the transfer market. Having sold me Ghaly, Hoolahan and Nugent and ridding me of John Joe O'Toole, Davide Lanzafarme, an underperforming Jack Collison and Mark Davies and Cameron Stewart who is my only regrettable sale. He also signed Marlon King about Market Value from me as well. Shambles. Wonders why he's 400 ranks behind me as well!

Logged in the other day to find Frimopng had been snatched from me in a wage auction but other than that my squad has remained intact on significantly lowered wages - for example i've knocked Tunchev down from 15k to about 8.

Can you get AI to manage certain squads/comps?

I don't wanna play my reserve matches but seem to be doing so. Obviously I could leave it for the AI resolution date, but means they won't be match fit til then :P

Logged in the other day to find Frimopng had been snatched from me in a wage auction but other than that my squad has remained intact on significantly lowered wages - for example i've knocked Tunchev down from 15k to about 8.

How?

Also, the wages thing, I'm highest I've been for ages, and i'm on -£775K, permanently hovering about £10K above my overdraft limit normally :giggle:

How?

Also, the wages thing, I'm highest I've been for ages, and i'm on -£775K, permanently hovering about £10K above my overdraft limit normally :giggle:

When contracts are up rather than auto extending, put them into a wage auction i.e. auto rebid at the minimum wage from that screen. I'd been paying Tunchev double what he wanted for 2 seasons!

GK: Stuart Taylor

DR: Phil Ifill

DL: Sebastian Dubarbier

DC: Alex Tunchev

DC: Habib Bellaid

MR: David Odonkor

ML: Wes Hoolahan

CM: Mark Randall

DM: Derek Boateng

CM: Hossam Ghaly

ST: Blas Perez

SUBS:

GK: Jimmy Borja

DC: Jack Hobbs

WBL: Cedric Evina

AMC: Andy King

AMRC: Neil Danns

AMR/FC: Iain Hume

ST: Dave Nugent

ST: Nathan Delfueneso

ST: Yannis Tafer

Had Dubarbier stolen from me by a team called Leicester United. Not amused. Swapped Perez for Cladiu Keseru and Gonzalo Aguilar which i was happy with. Swapped Taylor for Sebastien Viera which was a poor deal but i didn't want any of his other players so i pushed it through anyway as Taylor's getting on and Viera is 3 years his junior.

Have a few other deals on the go and am hoping to tie up Andrew Surman deal tonight before gan out on the lash.

When contracts are up rather than auto extending, put them into a wage auction i.e. auto rebid at the minimum wage from that screen. I'd been paying Tunchev double what he wanted for 2 seasons!

Meh, the only player I want his wages reducing I'm probably going to have to sell to avoid administration anyway :(

Archived