Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3.

I've decided to split my park into four sections, each section will have a different theme. Idea's please?

I'm also going to make a giant chessboard with the unlockable chess peices :)

Thats what I do split my park into sections like Disneyworld and Alton Towers etc do in real life.

I'm going to start playing this again I think, whats the water expansionn like? never played it.

Got Soaked that is awesome. Thing I hate is you have to do changing rooms everytime you build a pool, therefore everytime you build a slide because they only allow slides to drop into swimming pools - well thats what I can do anyway don't know if you can do it any different, it would be immense if you could though.

And, as someone drew up the City tycoons, I have City Life (from play.com, game, gamestation etc) and thats alright. Getting everything together is pretty boring and hard because all the pedestrians occasionally strike and fight causing losses in jobs or money but once you have done it all it is good. You can build things like hospitals, shops, railways, cinemas, airports, houses, things just like real life.

Also, the man who created the Rollercoaster packages has 'Chris Sawers locomotive tycoon' (or something like that, look in the back of the Rollercoaster Tycoon manual!) which is like the city tycoons where you build airports, railways, shops, houses etc but it was from years ago and the graphics are pretty shocking.

Anyway, when is Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 coming out, thats the question?

I had one of the old ones and yes I did enjoy killing people on it lol:unsure:

To be fair its all about Airline Tycoon......

Great game!

I like a lot of the tycoon games, some are quite cheap and naff though. RCT is the king, the original.

I had one of the old ones and yes I did enjoy killing people on it lol:unsure:

To be fair its all about Airline Tycoon......

Great game!

I like a lot of the tycoon games, some are quite cheap and naff though. RCT is the king, the original.

Airline Tycoon keeps on poppin' up, now is it any good?

Is it the one that I am lookin' at on play.com?:

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/125329/Air...on/Product.html

Because, I cannot see anything that tells you about the game itself and I wouldn't mind buying it as everyone on here says it is/was awesome.

As I have a fair amount of 'tycoon' games for PC, this would be a great addition but I dont seem to find enough information about it, so a few suggestions would be much appriciated. Cheers. :cool:

Airline Tycoon keeps on poppin' up, now is it any good?

Is it the one that I am lookin' at on play.com?:

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/125329/Air...on/Product.html

Because, I cannot see anything that tells you about the game itself and I wouldn't mind buying it as everyone on here says it is/was awesome.

As I have a fair amount of 'tycoon' games for PC, this would be a great addition but I dont seem to find enough information about it, so a few suggestions would be much appriciated. Cheers. :cool:

Just looked at that link and for a fiver you can't go wrong!

http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/013/013546.html

• 5 years later...

Downloaded the Platinum Edition of this today on Steam, as it was on sale, primarily for nostalgia. Anyone still playing this out of interest? Played a couple of hours and I'm hooked. Haha

I played this a couple of months ago and completed it all again. Really enjoyed it actually. Doing Theme Hospital now. Free on steam.

Yeah I really enjoy doing the different scenarios rather than just the sandbox mode.

Theme hospital free on Steam? I thought it was just on EA Origin??

I played this a couple of months ago and completed it all again. Really enjoyed it actually. Doing Theme Hospital now. Free on steam.

Yeah I really enjoy doing the different scenarios rather than just the sandbox mode.

Theme hospital free on Steam? I thought it was just on EA Origin??

I'd have downloaded this to kill a few hours but it doesn't appear on any search results on Steam and on EA it's not free :(

Downloaded RCT3 a year or so ago, but never really played it. Had a quick bash on it last night (seeing as you brought it up). It is very good, but I find it hard to "get started". Not quite sure how to plan my park! There are so many items to plop down - fences, benches, litter bins, kiosks - but are they all needed from the off?

Any tips - because I'd really like to get into this!

Fun game isn't it?

Erm I take it you're in the sandbox mode?

I think a good starting point is to do the various scenarios, as you already start with a functioning park and have set objectives to carry out this could be a good training ground if you will to try out the game mechanics, rollercoaster building shop managment etc.

This game is so detailed, down the point of whether to put chocolate sticks in the ice cream and if so do you charge for it? This sort of tinkering extends down throughout the game. This is really a good way to make additional funds by altering the pricing of the various shops. As the default isnt always the most clever economically.

Hiring staff namely janitors is another must. Else your park will soon be full of vomit and litter haha. Another quick tip I can think of is if you want the 'peeps' to explore a new area that perhaps your new rollercoaster is in then make that area welcoming in terms of put some scenery and benches down there. One more thing in sandbox mode I'm fairly sure you can design your rollercoaster and then import it into you actual scenario game.

Sorry if any of this was a bit patronising as I don't know how much experience you have with the game. Anyway have fun with the game it really is a great timesink.

Fun game isn't it?

Erm I take it you're in the sandbox mode?

I think a good starting point is to do the various scenarios, as you already start with a functioning park and have set objectives to carry out this could be a good training ground if you will to try out the game mechanics, rollercoaster building shop managment etc.

This game is so detailed, down the point of whether to put chocolate sticks in the ice cream and if so do you charge for it? This sort of tinkering extends down throughout the game. This is really a good way to make additional funds by altering the pricing of the various shops. As the default isnt always the most clever economically.

Hiring staff namely janitors is another must. Else your park will soon be full of vomit and litter haha. Another quick tip I can think of is if you want the 'peeps' to explore a new area that perhaps your new rollercoaster is in then make that area welcoming in terms of put some scenery and benches down there. One more thing in sandbox mode I'm fairly sure you can design your rollercoaster and then import it into you actual scenario game.

Sorry if any of this was a bit patronising as I don't know how much experience you have with the game. Anyway have fun with the game it really is a great timesink.

Thanks for the pointers. I have virtually no experience with the game so it's all useful stuff. Thanks. May give it a blast later. Have been avoiding the scenarios but in truth I probably should play them like you say

Thanks for the pointers. I have virtually no experience with the game so it's all useful stuff. Thanks. May give it a blast later. Have been avoiding the scenarios but in truth I probably should play them like you say

No problem mate, yeah I think if you're new to the series it would be a good starting point. If you like micromanagement and your games creative then I have no doubt you'll have fun :)

7 years ago this thread. Wow.

Still play it now lol Provides entertainment.

Gameplay is key. If that is strong then lifespan = infinity haha

Archived