Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlabyFox

PES 2009

“It is all very well for EA to say that FIFA is making great strides, but general opinion suggests that they still have a long way to go before they can match the intuitive and absorbing gameplay of Pro Evolution Soccer,” said Konami’s PES team leader Jon Murphy.

Meow.

True though.

The actual gameplay looks the same as the last 6 PES games. It looks just as plastic and robotic - I'm not overly impressed.

i) You're judging the Gameplay on that clip? Really?

ii) Having had access to both games over the past few years I can safely say that if it's the same as the last 6 PES games then at least it will be better than FIFA :thumbup:

i) You're judging the Gameplay on that clip? Really?

ii) Having had access to both games over the past few years I can safely say that if it's the same as the last 6 PES games then at least it will be better than FIFA :thumbup:

And everyone on this thread who claims that it looks 'fantastic' etc isn't? From the video you can clearly see that the players still only move in 8 directions - and in that sense nothing has changed. The shooting (as shown by Keane's goal) looks the same as every other Pro Evo too. And I'm not a Pro Evo hater - I've bought and played every Pro Evo in the series and had great fun. It's just that they've rested on their laurels for far too long and FIFA has overtaken them in my opinion.

Yes, Pro Evo is great when you play with Barca or United, it's so easy to pace past defenders with Henry and Ronaldo and the defenders can't even get close. So much for realism.

And everyone on this thread who claims that it looks 'fantastic' etc isn't? From the video you can clearly see that the players still only move in 8 directions - and in that sense nothing has changed. The shooting (as shown by Keane's goal) looks the same as every other Pro Evo too. And I'm not a Pro Evo hater - I've bought and played every Pro Evo in the series and had great fun. It's just that they've rested on their laurels for far too long and FIFA has overtaken them in my opinion.

Yes, Pro Evo is great when you play with Barca or United, it's so easy to pace past defenders with Henry and Ronaldo and the defenders can't even get close. So much for realism.

I assumed that everyone who said it's fantastic was just referring to the graphics, not the actual gameplay. Apparently in the new one you can't just waltz past players with ease like you have done in the past. PES 2008 was a bit dissappointing and FIFA definitely closed the gap quite considerably. From the initial things I've read (and seen) it seems that Konami's bucked their ideas up. It could be interesting these next ones, I might buy both.

I assumed that everyone who said it's fantastic was just referring to the graphics, not the actual gameplay. Apparently in the new one you can't just waltz past players with ease like you have done in the past. PES 2008 was a bit dissappointing and FIFA definitely closed the gap quite considerably. From the initial things I've read (and seen) it seems that Konami's bucked their ideas up. It could be interesting these next ones, I might buy both.

Get a 360.

Get it chipped.

Have both for less than a tenner.

Put the skill level up then, you simply cannot sprint through a defence on world class.

I'm talking about when you play online or with mates - you can still do that even if it's on world class.

I've been a massive massive fan of PES ever since the ISS days. PES 5 on the PS2 was legendary and me and my mates had many a session over 2 days playing it. It was class.

Then my PS3 arrived and the 1st game I wanted was PES2008, t'was a massive let down. It was just so dull and obsessed on being as lifelike as possible and it became so far removed from the original PES games. I swallowed my pride and brought FIFA08. It took a lot of getting used to but I love it now and cant see me crossing back to take up PES again... :rolleyes:

I'm talking about when you play online or with mates - you can still do that even if it's on world class.

Apparently they've sorted that out for this new one though, I remember a quote further back in the thread saying it was no longer possible to simply run past everybody. Gone are the days of Victor Anichebe storming through the West Ham defence from kick off on 5 stars...

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, the demo for pes09 is out thursday. Old news. You can play with Man U and Liverpool I think. And none of this silly name rubbish. It's all good.

Bioshock demo will also be available.

Is it old news? Not seen anyone post it on here? :rolleyes:

Players will be able to select fully licensed Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, and Barcelona club teams, or the licensed Italian or French national sides. The demo will allow users an early taste of the all-new elements set to further bolster PES 2009’s reputation as the definitive football game. All new visuals with completely remodeled players and animations, and new physics routines to ensure the ball behaves more realistically have been included, while the AI of the CPU sides has been enhanced to provide an ever evolving challenge.

Is it old news? Not seen anyone post it on here? :rolleyes:

Players will be able to select fully licensed Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, and Barcelona club teams, or the licensed Italian or French national sides. The demo will allow users an early taste of the all-new elements set to further bolster PES 2009’s reputation as the definitive football game. All new visuals with completely remodeled players and animations, and new physics routines to ensure the ball behaves more realistically have been included, while the AI of the CPU sides has been enhanced to provide an ever evolving challenge.

It needs to be good. Very good if it's going to beat FIFA09. Early reviews suggest FIFA09 is the best FIFA yet and that PES has its work cut out. I'm not surprised. FIFA had a lot of catching up to do, has done so, and PES has become lazy in its yearly overhauls.

Archived