Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

On 18/12/2022 at 13:33, Wymsey said:

You need to remember that Jeremy Clarkson gets a bit bitter about a lot of things, in particular when things don't go his way.

For example, ask the locals where he has had planning issues at his farm what they think of him..

When he lived on the Isle of Man he was universally hated for his arrogance and belligerence. 

Protesting and trying legal action because a PUBLIC footpath and right of way passed near his home. Apparently he didn't like people looking onto his land.

My bro who lives there said Clarkson would bomb around in his flash car intimidating others.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-64086021

Rob Burrow's wheelchair accessible van vandalised in Castleford

Absolute wan kers, what goes through these people's heads....

Bit of a stretch to label them anything. The extended story states it a deep scratch on the back door, but his dad's tweet tries to insist they were targeted. Could simply be an accident. Still not great actions if it was an accident and the person has left the scene, but to suggest they are ***** and Burrows was targeted is pushing it a bit. Now because of who he is he's inundated with offers to fix it for free, whereas hundred of people, even disabled ones don't get those offers. Cars still drivable, when I first saw the headline I thought the tyres had been slashed.

On 24/12/2022 at 05:26, bovril said:

Slightly off topic but I do find it weird that extremely innocuous political chat gets deleted but arguably more controversial stuff stays. Has any explanation ever been given for that other than the mods being touchy right wingers?

Any ideas if any of those touchy right wingers can cut inside onto their left? Asking for a friend

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Yea that famous scientist Matt Le Tissier. If you read the article, Bridgen has been claiming these things without any evidence to support it, just like the grifting scientists who are jumping on the bandwagon. 

So you're not interested in even looking at any potential risks with mNRA? Seems odd that you'd give free passes to some of the most corrupt companies on the planet. Tbh I'm not that fussed anymore, negative thinking takes up too much time. 

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I'm not going to bring more politics into this, so all I'll say is that the survival of human civilisation really isn't a political issue anyway.

It's a bit of a shame we can't have a moderation policy like banning people for being abusive or consistently derailing topics rather than bans for what a self identified 'I don't do politics' person considers too political when they're after a bit of a power trip. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 28/12/2022 at 12:07, Soup said:

So you're not interested in even looking at any potential risks with mNRA? Seems odd that you'd give free passes to some of the most corrupt companies on the planet. Tbh I'm not that fussed anymore, negative thinking takes up too much time. 

I feel like this has been discussed thousands upon thousands of times, but it comes down to this: Any heart risk (short term or long term) from having a vaccination is less than the heart risk from getting Covid unvaccinated - which is as good as inevitable given that deniers would not be careful about Covid by your very nature.

6 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I feel like this has been discussed thousands upon thousands of times, but it comes down to this: Any heart risk (short term or long term) from having a vaccination is less than the heart risk from getting Covid unvaccinated - which is as good as inevitable given that deniers would not be careful about Covid by your very nature.

Ok cool I'm ok with that view. It's not mine, but hey-ho 

5 minutes ago, Dunge said:

as good as inevitable given that deniers would not be careful about Covid by your very nature.

That to me reads rather sweeping, presumptuous and a tad patronising. Hopefully I've read it wrongly. Suffice to say, I don't assume all those that chose to not have the vaccinations were 'deniers' nor lax in other precautions. 

But you do at least acknowledge some risk from the vaccine. To me, it's obvious. There are side effects with all medications, some more severe than others. 

26 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Not true. Anyone healthy and/or relatively young had a close to zero chance of dying of Covid. The whole hoo-ha, as you well know, was coercing healthy, zero risk people to take 'vaccines' (a vaccine, I may add, that u like measles or smallpox or TB, didn't actually prevent you from getting the illness) for the greater good of society. Not for individual safety. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, taupe said:

That to me reads rather sweeping, presumptuous and a tad patronising. Hopefully I've read it wrongly. Suffice to say, I don't assume all those that chose to not have the vaccinations were 'deniers' nor lax in other precautions. 

But you do at least acknowledge some risk from the vaccine. To me, it's obvious. There are side effects with all medications, some more severe than others. 

It is patronising, you’re reading it right. I find it very difficult not to be patronising toward people who choose to ignore the science on this in favour of plopping themselves and then knuckling down because of some pseudo nonsense from a Facebook feed. Literally so much has been discussed on this, openly, freely and reasonably. It’s almost at levels of flat Earthery to me now.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dunge said:

What’s frustrating about this statement is that it’s my view in the same way that it’s also my view that an isosceles triangle is a type of triangle. 

Don't be frustrated man, people are different and will always look at things differently. I don't happen to trust these companies pushing these drugs, that's all. If you do then fine. Take it easy and good night