Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

On 09/11/2022 at 21:10, Innovindil said:

More I think about this the more my stomach is in knots. 

He was arrested January 2020, wasn't sacked from our place until last year. The people that run our place MUST have known, yet continued to let him work for us.

That means money that I've helped earn has gone into this cvnts pockets to pay for this shit.

Think I might actually be sick. Words will be had with the owners tomorrow. This isn't okay. This is very far from okay.

On 09/11/2022 at 21:19, Wymsey said:

That's terrible from them.

Am sure the management at your workplace, if they read the article, severely regret not making the move earlier..

They definitely need to sit down and carefully read it.

Good luck. :fc:

I agree. But until he has been to trial, he couldn't be sacked but he should have been suspended pending the outcome.

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63687412

This cvnt has got to get sacked. Absolutely unbelievable. 

I appreciate he can't necessarily come out and condemn Qatar but that's just absolutely absurd. 

Was expecting it to be bad but ****ing hell this is horrendous

"Today I have strong feelings. Today I feel Qatari, I feel Arab, I feel African, I feel gay, I feel disabled, I feel a migrant worker."

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Was expecting it to be bad but ****ing hell this is horrendous

"Today I have strong feelings. Today I feel Qatari, I feel Arab, I feel African, I feel gay, I feel disabled, I feel a migrant worker."

"Europe had slaves for 3000 years so shut up hypocrites."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

"Europe had slaves for 3000 years so shut up hypocrites."

He’s gonna be fuming when he finds out about the Barbary slave trade.

Also, blaming modern day Europeans for what happened on the same land thousands of years before they were born, for something the actual living Qatari government were actually doing for the last decade, is a really weird and profoundly stupid argument. 

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63687412

This cvnt has got to get sacked. Absolutely unbelievable. 

I appreciate he can't necessarily come out and condemn Qatar but that's just absolutely absurd. 

Things started changing when Sir Stanley Rous knocked it on the head. A succession of greedy, corrupt, hopeless fvckwits hve been running our beloved game for decades now.

I thought that Blatter was the nadir of all fifa's 

dictators but this Infatino fellah is another of fifa's disasters.

The irony is, like Blatter, he actually believes that we will absorb all the crap he spouts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Stuck this in the non league thread, but this Guiseley "fan":

A similar thing happened back in the day at an away game against Brum. Our away end was a massive crush with fans watching from the Floodlight stanchions and it was really hot day. A bottle of drink was being passed around and it turned out to be full of piss. Some folks weren't very happy with a few bust ups breaking out. Luckily I was watching from one of the lower stanchions.

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

David Beckham :whistle:

You do have a point.

Despite the money-spinning deal, am sure he feels a bit 'dirty' in accepting it - after much backlash aimed at the country made by various individuals and rights charities/organisations.

2 minutes ago, Livid said:

Whatever his reasons some people are really struggling financially and threatening to shred £10000 is absolutely vile. 

I wouldn't go as far as vile. I think just utterly pointless and using Beckham as the scapegoat gets the attention. Solely hanging Beckham out to dry is a bit harsh in my opinion. 

That £10k could be put to so much good use. 

I'm guessing it's just a big publicity stunt and it's not actually a real £10k that will be shredded. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Livid said:

Whatever his reasons some people are really struggling financially and threatening to shred £10000 is absolutely vile. 

Well Beckham knows what to do then. I mean the £10m Beckham is getting from Qatar could also be used to help people, but it won't. But I forget, he's a hero because he stood I'm a queue. Lycett probably won't shred the £10k, but that really small fry compared to the real issues here anyway.

Also it's his money, he can do as he pleases, there's plenty of others our there who waste more than that with out caring about others.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm guessing it's just a big publicity stunt and it's not actually a real £10k that will be shredded. 

I suspect the same.

It just irritates me when people with money have no respect for the value of it in other people’s lives. 

18 minutes ago, Livid said:

I suspect the same.

It just irritates me when people with money have no respect for the value of it in other people’s lives. 

Yet a very wealthy man is taking £10m to add to his already bulging wallet and thats OK? Lycett is clearly someone who cares about those less well off, you only have to watch his stuff to know that, and I imagine he would rather not do this, but the shock value makes people sit up and listen. There's one way it could stop, that aforementioned wealthy man could respond, or promise to use that £10m for good, but he won't, because he'll do anything for a little extra cash to his pile, whist half the country who worship him struggle to live.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Isn’t what Joe Lycett’s threatening to do illegal?

Regardless, it surely doesn’t qualify him for a thread like this.

I think it's a legal blindspot cos the Queen's face is on the currency but she's dead so technically it's not legal tender any more.

Follow me for more financial advice.

• Haha 2