Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

4 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Harry tried to resolve it 'in house' but the response and reactions to his concerns from his family were not acceptable to him, as he said they did everything to protect and look after William because of the line of succession. Harry thought' he was banging his head against a brick wall' trying to put his concerns and point of view across. The royals and the palaces only concerns are to maintain an outward appearance of normality and respectability. The Palace and the royals have fed stories to the press to keep themselves and the institution in the public eye. 

Thankfully his new Netflix family have found 111 million ways of making the poor mite feel better .

22 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

I'm genuinely on the outside on this one as I don't have an interest in any of these goings on but at work you can't avoid some people chatting about it.

Is he the bad guy? I've got people here defending him for just looking after his wife and himself and then there's others defending the Royals, but it seems mostly because they are royalists though. Why is Harry the c**t?

I read an opinion piece in the Guardian (of all the places!) this morning, the thrust of which was the current goings on are simply the latest version of what's been the Royal Family's primary purpose for at least the last century: to be something that people go on about, a conversation piece and distraction from other stuff that's going on that we prefer to not dwell on.

I think there's a lot of truth in that. I couldn't give less of a shit about the royal family, but I've been asked more than once 'who's side are you on?' about this Meghan thing, as if I would know enough about it to have formed an opinion

17 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Have you ever considered he might be telling the truth? That he got criticism for wanting to leave and now is getting criticism for defending himself against that criticism and putting his side across. Have you considered what all this says about our King and heir apparent if true. People don't seem at all bother by that. People seem more bothered they might bring the institution of the Royal Family down, rather than bothered why it might bring them down. More bothered by two people are making accusations rather than what those potential accusations might mean if true.

I have indeed considered it could be true.

I have also considered that the motivation might not be as they describe and that it's simply a get rich quick exercise.

In fairness they have done brilliantly, made loads more than they would in the royal family.

4 minutes ago, kenny said:

I have indeed considered it could be true.

I have also considered that the motivation might not be as they describe and that it's simply a get rich quick exercise.

In fairness they have done brilliantly, made loads more than they would in the royal family.

To me it comes across as, you're not gonna protect us, well we're not gonna protect you any more. Why not get as much money as they can for doing so?

But regardless of how much they've made from it, or their intentions, you don't seem st all bothered by what it means if it's all true.

Edited by Facecloth

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

To me it comes across as, you're not gonna protect us, well we're not gonna protect you any more. Why not get as much money as they can for doing so?

But regardless of how much they've made from it, or their intentions, you don't seem st all bothered by what it means if it's all true.

Thus far they have provided no evidence, just accusations. They have done so in the knowledge that the RF won't respond.

Until there is something tangible, then I'll credit them as being brilliant exploiters of the media and making money off the back of their family name.

Just the new Paris Hilton but slightly less interesting.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Integrity and character?

Kind of followed the Harry and Meghan branding show. Some of the accusations against the royals are obviously serious and you do feel bad for the dopey couple for not getting it all. I can't help but admire at how three (?) years on they are still relevant and in the front pages, they've played a blinder. Got to take my hat off to the American commercial engine. They will probably be drip feeding 'my story the real shocking truth now we're finally going to reveal it ALL' for the next decade as they massage their brand to Greta levels of public admiration, backing the royals will eventually become as uncouth as backing brexit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Kind of followed the Harry and Meghan branding show. Some of the accusations against the royals are obviously serious and you do feel bad for the dopey couple for not getting it all. I can't help but admire at how three (?) years on they are still relevant and in the front pages, they've played a blinder. Got to take my hat off to the American commercial engine. They will probably be drip feeding 'my story the real shocking truth now we're finally going to reveal it ALL' for the next decade as they massage their brand to Greta levels of public admiration, backing the royals will eventually become as uncouth as backing brexit. 

Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a world where people like Miss Thunberg were not needed in order for the right thing to be indicated and/or done?

But we don't.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

It’s a fair point, but what does it say, really? That the Royal family themselves believe in sticking to a rigid hierarchy defined by birth and protects itself and its interests by definition? That they didn’t believe what Harry & Meghan were doing and how they were acting was compatible with the order of things? I mean, even if it is all true, he hasn’t exactly divulged much beyond pettiness and a stuffy adherence to practices that overlooked people and their feelings. I would say the worst potential truth he’s revealed remains a lack of concern over Meghan’s mental state. (why don’t I entirely believe her?) But even that doesn’t really tell us much we didn’t already know.

While I understand his reasoning, I don’t have a lot of time for what he’s done. The simple fact is that he didn’t need to do this, but is selling his family down the river for money. Not just the institution, but his family. He’s selling his family’s dirty laundry, with room for selling more if it turns out to be profitable. Even if he thinks his family went low, he hasn’t gone high in response. I do believe he is telling truth, or rather truth in the eye of the beholder. There can easily be a difference between someone’s truth and the truth. The press of course will now be sitting on their itchy bottoms and hoping for William to tell “his” truth in return for a dirty-laundry-off. I hope for their sakes that he resists that temptation.

Because that’s the saddest thing about it all to me: For all Harry’s talking about Diana, comparing Meghan to her and all, and clearly still affected by what happened, and for all he very obviously deserves sympathy for that, he wasn’t the only one to lose a mother that day.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a world where people like Miss Thunberg were not needed in order for the right thing to be indicated and/or done?

But we don't.

Don't really understand what you're saying but that may be the whisky from last night. Are you saying comrade Greta should not exist? We need hormonal angry bullied school kids like her to tell the masses what the right thing to do is.

32 minutes ago, Dunge said:

It’s a fair point, but what does it say, really? That the Royal family themselves believe in sticking to a rigid hierarchy defined by birth and protects itself and its interests by definition? That they didn’t believe what Harry & Meghan were doing and how they were acting was compatible with the order of things? I mean, even if it is all true, he hasn’t exactly divulged much beyond pettiness and a stuffy adherence to practices that overlooked people and their feelings. I would say the worst potential truth he’s revealed remains a lack of concern over Meghan’s mental state. (why don’t I entirely believe her?) But even that doesn’t really tell us much we didn’t already know.

While I understand his reasoning, I don’t have a lot of time for what he’s done. The simple fact is that he didn’t need to do this, but is selling his family down the river for money. Not just the institution, but his family. He’s selling his family’s dirty laundry, with room for selling more if it turns out to be profitable. Even if he thinks his family went low, he hasn’t gone high in response. I do believe he is telling truth, or rather truth in the eye of the beholder. There can easily be a difference between someone’s truth and the truth. The press of course will now be sitting on their itchy bottoms and hoping for William to tell “his” truth in return for a dirty-laundry-off. I hope for their sakes that he resists that temptation.

Because that’s the saddest thing about it all to me: For all Harry’s talking about Diana, comparing Meghan to her and all, and clearly still affected by what happened, and for all he very obviously deserves sympathy for that, he wasn’t the only one to lose a mother that day.

Surely for an outspoken advocate of mental health awareness, it's a tad hypocritical of William to behave the way he did to his brothers requests? William sells himself as a modern prince who cares, but when its his own family it seems he doesn't care. And whilst you say the Royal family has always been institution over feeling, Harry's whole point was why does it have to carry on that way? You say they both lost their Mum, but when you requests for change to prevent similar happening again, the other isn't interested, what does that say? That the institution is more important than the lives and the health of those in it.

Should he have sold his story, well that's up to him, but previously he was subject to lies in the tabloids over why he walked away. The family might be happy with mistruths being stated about them, clearly Harry isn't.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Surely for an outspoken advocate of mental health awareness, it's a tad hypocritical of William to behave the way he did to his brothers requests? William sells himself as a modern prince who cares, but when its his own family it seems he doesn't care. And whilst you say the Royal family has always been institution over feeling, Harry's whole point was why does it have to carry on that way? You say they both lost their Mum, but when you requests for change to prevent similar happening again, the other isn't interested, what does that say? That the institution is more important than the lives and the health of those in it.

Should he have sold his story, well that's up to him, but previously he was subject to lies in the tabloids over why he walked away. The family might be happy with mistruths being stated about them, clearly Harry isn't.

You only have one side of the story in regards to what help was offered.

Until you have both I'm quite surprised that you are sure you know the truth.

4 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Don't really understand what you're saying but that may be the whisky from last night. Are you saying comrade Greta should not exist? We need hormonal angry bullied school kids like her to tell the masses what the right thing to do is.

No problem - my fault for lack of clarity.

I'm just passing comment on what I saw to be snark at Miss Thunbergs aspiration to fame by comparing her to the Sussexes, as if she really wanted that fame in the first place and as if she wants it now. In an ideal world, she would never have had to attract attention in the first place.

With respect to the last sentence, what's being said to the "masses" is what the situation is and the best way to deal with it. If that is saying "what the right thing is to do", then so be it. If there are other ironclad ways besides such education of getting the public onside for the purposes of democratic decision making in the necessary time before there is a humanitarian catastrophe bigger than anything in the last 70,000 years, then I'm all ears.

11 minutes ago, kenny said:

You only have one side of the story in regards to what help was offered.

Until you have both I'm quite surprised that you are sure you know the truth.

Just playing devil's advocate to those who are decided the other way. My whole point was if true, what does it say about William and people have defended his position based on if the allegations are true. 

There's a lot of hate thrown at Harry and Meghan and very little thrown at William, Kate and Charles. We know as much as each other, I'm merely stating that nobody seems to be bothered these allegations might be true and if so, understanding where Harry might be coming from with the action he's taken. I'm not calling Harry or Williams c***, I'm just pointing out the other potential angle of all this. One of them has acted like a knob, Harry if its all lies and William if its not, and if it is the latter I can totally understand Harry's actions when coupled with what the press reported about him and Meghan at the time they left the institution.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

No problem - my fault for lack of clarity.

I'm just passing comment on what I saw to be snark at Miss Thunbergs aspiration to fame by comparing her to the Sussexes, as if she really wanted that fame in the first place and as if she wants it now. In an ideal world, she would never have had to attract attention in the first place.

With respect to the last sentence, what's being said to the "masses" is what the situation is and the best way to deal with it. If that is saying "what the right thing is to do", then so be it. If there are other ironclad ways besides such education of getting the public onside for the purposes of democratic decision making in the necessary time before there is a humanitarian catastrophe bigger than anything in the last 70,000 years, then I'm all ears.

Nah I like Greta and I think fame found her and lots of marketing machines (like the not royal royals) aspire to be like her. Great’s message is spot on. Regardless of that I still find her appearance hilarious 

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

Nah I like Greta and I think fame found her and lots of marketing machines (like the not royal royals) aspire to be like her. Great’s message is spot on. Regardless of that I still find her appearance hilarious 

Fair enough, will take the clarification at face value.

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Just playing devil's advocate to those who are decided the other way. My whole point was if true, what does it say about William and people have defended his position based on if the allegations are true. 

There's a lot of hate thrown at Harry and Meghan and very little thrown at William, Kate and Charles. We know as much as each other, I'm merely stating that nobody seems to be bothered these allegations might be true and if so, understanding where Harry might be coming from with the action he's taken. I'm not calling Harry or Williams c***, I'm just pointing out the other potential angle of all this. One of them has acted like a knob, Harry if its all lies and William if its not, and if it is the latter I can totally understand Harry's actions when coupled with what the press reported about him and Meghan at the time they left the institution.

Can we agree that they are very dull people and aren't worth the airtime?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Can we agree we don't really know and to label either a c*** is harsh?

It's not a word I personally use, so if agree.

I was just wading in that H&M had done a cracking job at raking in the cash at their families expense. A pat on the back for them really as it looked like they were going broke at one point.

1 minute ago, kenny said:

I was just wading in that H&M had done a cracking job at raking in the cash at their families expense. A pat on the back for them really as it looked like they were going broke at one point.

Is it at the family's expense? The Royal Family won't be disbanded or brought down on the back of this. They've suffered much worse I'd imagine.

I do find it incredible that some people genuinely have kicked up more of a fuss over Harry & Meghan uttering some supposed truths than there ever was over Prince Andrew and his dirty illegal shenanigans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Is it at the family's expense? The Royal Family won't be disbanded or brought down on the back of this. They've suffered much worse I'd imagine.

I do find it incredible that some people genuinely have kicked up more of a fuss over Harry & Meghan uttering some supposed truths than there ever was over Prince Andrew and his dirty illegal shenanigans.

The shit with Andrew was him and him alone which then caused indirect embarrassment to the family

This is them just scatter-gunning shit without foundation to cause direct embarrassment to the whole family in what seems like a hope the popularity needle will swing in their direction & of course it will state side.

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The shit with Andrew was him and him alone which then caused indirect embarrassment to the family

This is them just scatter-gunning shit without foundation to cause direct embarrassment to the whole family in what seems like a hope the popularity needle will swing in their direction & of course it will state side.

It's associating with a paedophile and paying off the victim, at the expense of the taxpayer. It goes way beyond what Harry and Meghan have ever done. 

It wasn't and shouldn't ever just be 'indirect embarrassment'. 

24 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

How do you know it's without foundation?