Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

ps3

I've read a few online reviews etc. and is it safe to say that on the whole the PS3 is more reliable (obviously not in all cases)? I decided long term when I ordered it, as my 360 was well unreliable.

I've read a few online reviews etc. and is it safe to say that on the whole the PS3 is more reliable (obviously not in all cases)? I decided long term when I ordered it, as my 360 was well unreliable.

Its luck of the draw mate - I have both consoles. Bought my 360 in December '07 and my PS3 in February '09. Up until a week ago, my 360 worked flawlessly since i bought it - its now started to have a few issues reading discs.

A week after first gettin my PS3, it wouldnt read discs. I keep them both in nicely ventilated areas, no abuse.

Its just luck of the draw.

• 2 weeks later...
I think this year will be the year of the ps3, where it overtakes xbox 3shitsky and becomes console king.

To do that it'll have to rely heavily on God of War 3.

The problem with that is, some people may not have gone through 2 or even 1 and since it follows through from 2, it'll be hard to understand/get into.

Until the PS3 comes out with something new, groundbreaking, fresh, different, it'll be constanly playing catchup.

Having got the Elite at Christmas, I still haven't used my PS3 much at all. I still haven't got Killzone 2 either.

To do that it'll have to rely heavily on God of War 3.

The problem with that is, some people may not have gone through 2 or even 1 and since it follows through from 2, it'll be hard to understand/get into.

Until the PS3 comes out with something new, groundbreaking, fresh, different, it'll be constanly playing catchup.

Having got the Elite at Christmas, I still haven't used my PS3 much at all. I still haven't got Killzone 2 either.

killzone, uncharted 2 (soon), resistance, god of war, lbp. all great exclusives

im finishing uni in 6 weeks and Ive been deciding whether to buy a 360 or Ps3 since the beginning of the year , but im swaying now towards a ps3 as its a better option , ive been reading that microsoft are going to pull the elite version from the shelves as its not selling well (link http://stuff.tv/News/Microsoft-scrapping-X...0-Elite/11969/) , just wondering whats going to be the major ps3 game this year , as 360 has gears of war and halo as their main exclusives , has sony got anything to rival these games???

im finishing uni in 6 weeks and Ive been deciding whether to buy a 360 or Ps3 since the beginning of the year , but im swaying now towards a ps3 as its a better option , ive been reading that microsoft are going to pull the elite version from the shelves as its not selling well (link http://stuff.tv/News/Microsoft-scrapping-X...0-Elite/11969/) , just wondering whats going to be the major ps3 game this year , as 360 has gears of war and halo as their main exclusives , has sony got anything to rival these games???

The dropping of the Elite is a good move from Microsoft - its not scrapping it as you put it, its just making it more 'Elite' - putting it in bundles with new games a-la the Special Edition red Elite you can buy that comes with Resident Evil 5. Only genuine (or ones with surplus cash) gamers are interested in the Elite, especially now the premiums come with a 60GB as standard. I am personally over the moon i've just replaced my premium with an Elite.

This discussion has been done many times over though - your choice of console is dependent on several factors.

1.Money

2.What its main use will be i.e offline or online gaming

For every Gears of War on the 360, theirs a Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3. I've got both, and they are quite simply both brilliant machines.

Which one does its job better for me? The 360. I think that will be the case for the next year or so.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Im bored with my ps3 at the moment :cry:

I concur.

Since the beginning of the year my PS3 has been gathering dust since I'm getting the multiplatform games for the 360.

I haven't even been bothered to shell out for Killzone 2.

The only exclusive I will defo buy this year is God of War 3. Without question.

The rest? The 360 is a better package when it comes to the acheivements, downloadable content etc. I've been surprised by the manner in which my opinion has changed. End of day, you get what you pay for as far as online is concerned.

I concur.

Since the beginning of the year my PS3 has been gathering dust since I'm getting the multiplatform games for the 360.

The rest? The 360 is a better package when it comes to the acheivements, downloadable content etc. I've been surprised by the manner in which my opinion has changed. End of day, you get what you pay for as far as online is concerned.

Got it, only played it twice :rolleyes:

I concur.

Bang on Legend. I told you that before you got it, I told everyone else who wanted to know. I'm glad someone who actually went ahead and bought a 360 agrees with me. Everyone else seems to be stuck in ''I've got one of the consoles, so the one i dont have is rubbish'' mode.

I said the same about achievements - they mean nothing to PS3 gamers, they cant identify with them because they've not experienced them. Sony tried to implement achievement copycats in trophies, but they just arent the same at all.

Although I do play my PS3, without a doubt the 360 gets used more as a games console. My PS3 probably gets used more as a blu ray player, i'm building up quite a nice collection of Blu Rays. But yeh, I'm still playing Killzone2, which is a very good game by the way - it just seems a bit generic to me thats all in the gameplay - the graphics are awesome though.

You guys are putting me off buying a PS3 by saying all this :unsure: , I first did want a 360 but then im worried about getting one and then 2 years down the line Microsoft coming up with the next gen console and the 360 being worthless

All I want from my console is quality games and being able to watch dvds , which console is best for watching movies as in picture wise ???, im not too bothered about online gameplay,

Should I really part with 300 quid or go with the 360 but run the risk of it becoming worthless in 2-5 years

You guys are putting me off buying a PS3 by saying all this :unsure: , I first did want a 360 but then im worried about getting one and then 2 years down the line Microsoft coming up with the next gen console and the 360 being worthless

All I want from my console is quality games and being able to watch dvds , which console is best for watching movies as in picture wise ???, im not too bothered about online gameplay,

Should I really part with 300 quid or go with the 360 but run the risk of it becoming worthless in 2-5 years

Firstly you're a dirty tax dodger, which means you will have neither a 32"+ HD tele, nor the funds to pay an extra 5-10 quid on Blu Ray discs.

If you want an all rounder, go for the 360. It will not be redundant in 2 years time. Its too popular. Look at the PS2 - they're still making games for that old thing. The 360 has in my opinion at least another 2 years (thats until a new console is brought out) - even if a new console is bought out, it doesnt mean its the end of its lifecycle.

Sony say the PS3 is meant to have a 10 year lifespan - its been out what, 2 years? I'm guessing Microsoft will go for a similar ploy again i.e release their new console a year or so before to get a good base.

I think we'll be well into 2012 before we see a new Microsoft console.

What do you use it for mainly? Gaming (online/offline), DVDs? What?

I wont be a tax dodger for much longer :thumbup: , and I will have a Hd television aswell .

I dont really care about online gaming so i would be offline gamer , and I just want to watch dvd's , bluray is a bonus for me.

I just want to know which consoles is better for watching dvd's (i.e picture) and will the PS3 catch up in terms of range of games .

I wont be a tax dodger for much longer :thumbup: , and I will have a Hd television aswell .

I dont really care about online gaming so i would be offline gamer , and I just want to watch dvd's , bluray is a bonus for me.

I just want to know which consoles is better for watching dvd's (i.e picture) and will the PS3 catch up in terms of range of games .

Trust me, you will once you get into it. There's nothing better than taking out the French on COD4 or beating an American who thinks he's so good, he's got some special costume for Ken on SF4, which makes him feel 'big'.

As for dvds, I doubt there's much difference between the two machines. As a blu-ray player the PS3 is pretty solid, but standalone blu-ray players are improving quickly and are getting cheaper quickly.

Archived