Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

ps3

This update is bollocks. They made the layout worse somehow.

Can't wait for Microsoft's next console.

I got a black screen for a lot of the update process showing nothing. Pulling out and refitting the hdmi cable did the trick although I was a little worried at first.

Is it me or does everything look bigger on the screen? It's been a while since I stared at the menu screen!

Got to admit it though, I put in a serious short stint of thumb sticking action with the video rewind feature! It gets the :thumbsup:. That's all I ever wanted from a £400+ console!

I swear the console has shrunk by about 3mm already. lol

TBH I think online gaming is better on the Xbox, it just seems to work better, When i'm round my mates houses who have Xbox's they just seem to actually work, where as when they come round mine and we go online on the PS3, I'm embarrassed, It just never works - Whether it is my PS3 or Internet or something I don't know, some people with PS3's seem to run quite smoothly online, and others have the same problems as me when doing online games on PS3 - Fifa and the team select bit freezing being a prime example, or on Fight Night Round 4 sometimes when I go to try and fight online it won't let me connect with other players despite being online.

Just updated, cant really see a difference except for the power on music and the now sparkly background. And the BBC Iplayer part of the XMB (which is just basically a link to the BBC Iplayer site by the way). You'd have thought they'd of put a bit more effort into the Iplayer side of things.

Never used the iPlayer before, heard lots about it but never even looked at it, as 1) I don't have sound on my laptop and 2) I just thought it'd abit rubbish on your PC/Laptop for some reason, I've just had a look on it on my PS3 it's brilliant, will be using it alot I think. :thumbup:

I am purchasing PS3 next wednesday

Any tips on the games? I plan to get four games- FIFA 10 ( when it comes out) and Call of the Duty 4 but other two games..... I would like one game to be sci fiction shooter just like Gears of War style and other game to be a multiplayer friendly game suitable for my girlfriend to play etc

Any tips on the games? I plan to get four games- FIFA 10 ( when it comes out) and Call of the Duty 4 but other two games..... I would like one game to be sci fiction shooter just like Gears of War style and other game to be a multiplayer friendly game suitable for my girlfriend to play etc

Not possible on PS3. There's nothing like Gears on PS3. Resistance 2 is pretty good, but it's not Gears good. Neither is Killzone 2. Compare the cover systems for both games - 'nuff said.

If you're after an exclusive PS3 only title, that's an obvious choice - MGS4. Or Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Heavenly Sword is pretty good although you'll get through that in under 6 hours. Other exclusives, Resistance 1 + 2, Motorstorm, Little Big Planet, inFAMOUS... Running out of ideas now.

Multi-platform - based on last year's games - Dead Space and Fallout 3. You could go for Oblivion, that'll take up 100 hours of your time. Maybe SF4? Resi-Evil 5?

Multiplayer friendly game - on PS3? lol for your g/f? lollol That's tough. Errmmm, Tiger Woods? :rolleyes: All the decent multipllayer games on PS3 are FPS's. Little Big Planet maybe? You can do online co-op with that.

Get an Elite instead. :ph34r:

BBCi player on...

PC = :banana::bounce::banana:

PS3 = :banana::bounce::banana::banana::bounce::banana:

lol

<_<

Not possible on PS3. There's nothing like Gears on PS3. Resistance 2 is pretty good, but it's not Gears good. Neither is Killzone 2. Compare the cover systems for both games - 'nuff said.

If you're after an exclusive PS3 only title, that's an obvious choice - MGS4. Or Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Heavenly Sword is pretty good although you'll get through that in under 6 hours. Other exclusives, Resistance 1 + 2, Motorstorm, Little Big Planet, inFAMOUS... Running out of ideas now.

Multi-platform - based on last year's games - Dead Space and Fallout 3. You could go for Oblivion, that'll take up 100 hours of your time. Maybe SF4? Resi-Evil 5?

Multiplayer friendly game - on PS3? lol for your g/f? That's tough. Errmmm, Tiger Woods? :rolleyes: All the decent multipllayer games on PS3 are FPS's. Little Big Planet maybe? You can do online co-op with that.

Get an Elite instead. :ph34r:

I play fifa with my gf

For Your Girlfriend..... LittleBig Planet

It's Pretty Good. :thumbup:

i think xbox users will have the last laugh when they get sky sports :D:P:cool::D

Yeah, so then when city games get moved to 4pm on a thursday or whatever, you can pay for the privelege of watching it via your console :D

Yeah, so then when city games get moved to 4pm on a thursday or whatever, you can pay for the privelege of watching it via your console :D

cant remember there ever being a game 4pm thursday or anywhere near , and i dont understand your point , are you just jealous because i own a xbox and you dont :)

cant remember there ever being a game 4pm thursday or anywhere near , and i dont understand your point , are you just jealous because i own a xbox and you dont :)

have a look at the sky sports thread, i was being sarky :D

Archived