Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

ps3

I take it this update was to add Windows Media Player?

Has anyone used it? I've just been looking round the PS3 menu's and come across it, but when I selected it said;

'Access to the media server is not allowed. It is possible that the system name for this PS3 system has not been registered.

Check the settings for the media server.

Also, when you win trophys and achivements they can be directly added on your Facebook page - Not that i'll be using that feature - Why would you want to use that? :dunno:

Fucks sake, PS3's really are shite, If I wasn't so stubborn to admit it to my mates i'd get a Xbox I think, they all have Xbox's and say PS3's are shit but I won't admit it.

Is anyone on their PS3 now? Can you sign into you're Playstation Network?

I'm obviously connected to the internet because i'm using my laptop to post this, and I've disabled the internet and enabled the internet again on my PS3 and it says it's connected to the internet but when it tries to sign into the Playstation Network it fails.

I understand you have to pay to go online on Xbox which is abit shit, but if it means you get a decent connection and can actually consistently play online i'd take that over the online problems I have on my PS3.

Fucks sake, PS3's really are shite, If I wasn't so stubborn to admit it to my mates i'd get a Xbox I think, they all have Xbox's and say PS3's are shit but I won't admit it.

Is anyone on their PS3 now? Can you sign into you're Playstation Network?

I'm obviously connected to the internet because i'm using my laptop to post this, and I've disabled the internet and enabled the internet again on my PS3 and it says it's connected to the internet but when it tries to sign into the Playstation Network it fails.

I understand you have to pay to go online on Xbox which is abit shit, but if it means you get a decent connection and can actually consistently play online i'd take that over the online problems I have on my PS3.

Mines fine. :thumbup:

Mines fine. :thumbup:

You been signed in long?

I've just managed to sign in now.

Don't know if it was the PSN or if it was my internet connection (which wouldn't surprise me) but at the same time can't see how it would be my internet connection because a) I'm connected to the internet with my Laptop/PC/Printer, and the Playstation was saying there was a connection to the internet but it just failed on PSN sign in, Oh well i'm in now, Let's see how long before I get signed out of the PSN for some random reason...

I've been checking for about three days now and it says I have the latest update, however I haven't updated for about 3 weeks.

The latest update (3.15 i think it is) got released quite a whie ago but it was optional, it was only made mandatory last week so you might already have it.

After dissing Nintendo for promoting "selfishness, individualism and violence," President Chavez took aim at the PS line.

"Those games they call 'PlayStation' are poison. Some games teach you to kill. They once put my face on a game, 'you've got to find Chavez to kill him.'" The games sold for the PS are used as propogando to "later sell weapons," and they "promote the need for cigarettes, drugs and alcohol so they can sell them. That's capitalism, the road to hell."

Been playing Assassin's Creed 2 over the last few days. Great game.

Also been playing Ratchet and Clank : Crack in Time. Was pretty impressive :D

An Italian man who argued with his son over Sony PlayStation tactics was recovering in hospital on Monday after the teenager stabbed him in the neck with a 15-inch (40 cm) kitchen knife, police and hospital officials said.

The man, identified as Fabrizio R., suffered a deep cut to the throat after his 16-year-old son, Mario, attacked him during an argument on Sunday over the soccer video game FIFA 2009.

Police said the argument broke out when the 46-year-old storekeeper offered his son advice on tactics to improve his play, and then turned the television off in response to his son's behaviour.

Fetching a knife from the kitchen, Mario stabbed his father in the neck before returning to clean the weapon at the kitchen sink in front of his mother and leaving it to dry on the draining-board. Forty-six year-old housewife Monica B,. told Italian daily Il Corriere della Sera that she had no idea what had happened until her husband stumbled into the room, clutching his throat.

"I saw Mario come back into the room, he seemed calm, he went to the sink and I noticed him washing a knife," Monica told the newspaper. "Then my husband came into the room with a hand round his neck, dripping blood."

The teenager shut himself in his bedroom after the attack and made no attempt to resist arrest, police said.

The game had been given to Mario a few days earlier, as a birthday present.

"Mario is obsessed. He's forever playing on his PlayStation, and we bought him FIFA 2009 because we didn't want him playing violent games," his mother told Il Corriere.

:o

Try Mario with this one then...

uyagk.jpg

lol

PS3 Hacked.

If jailbreaking Apple’s iPhone wasn’t enough kudos for US hacker George Hotz (aka geohot), he now also has hacking the Sony PlayStation 3 to his name.

The hacked console means that players can now run pirated games, unrestricted versions of Linux or home made software.

The feat is noteworthy as the PS3 was previously the only games console to remain uncracked, despite it being on the market for more than three years.

The hardware and software designer turned hacker said that it only took him five weeks, and while he was still refining the technique, he intended to post full details online soon. He said the hack was 5 per cent hardware, and 95 per cent software.

The first three weeks were spent on attacks to directly access memory of the console. He eventually realised that software approaches alone were insufficient to crack the PS3.

“It’s supposed to be unhackable – but nothing is unhackable,” Hotz said.

“I can now do whatever I want with the system. It’s like I’ve got an awesome new power – I’m just not sure how to wield it.”

Sony said it is currently “investigating the report” and will “clarify the situation” when more information came to light.

“I have read/write access to the entire system memory, and HV level access to the processor. In other words, I have hacked the PS3,” Hotz said in a blog post.

Despite the feat, Hotz still gave kudos to Sony for creating such a robust games console.

“3 years, 2 months, 11 days…thats (sic) a pretty secure system.”

Would you be tempted to hack your PS3 for free games access?

An Italian man who argued with his son over Sony PlayStation tactics was recovering in hospital on Monday after the teenager stabbed him in the neck with a 15-inch (40 cm) kitchen knife, police and hospital officials said.

The man, identified as Fabrizio R., suffered a deep cut to the throat after his 16-year-old son, Mario, attacked him during an argument on Sunday over the soccer video game FIFA 2009.

Police said the argument broke out when the 46-year-old storekeeper offered his son advice on tactics to improve his play, and then turned the television off in response to his son's behaviour.

Fetching a knife from the kitchen, Mario stabbed his father in the neck before returning to clean the weapon at the kitchen sink in front of his mother and leaving it to dry on the draining-board. Forty-six year-old housewife Monica B,. told Italian daily Il Corriere della Sera that she had no idea what had happened until her husband stumbled into the room, clutching his throat.

"I saw Mario come back into the room, he seemed calm, he went to the sink and I noticed him washing a knife," Monica told the newspaper. "Then my husband came into the room with a hand round his neck, dripping blood."

The teenager shut himself in his bedroom after the attack and made no attempt to resist arrest, police said.

The game had been given to Mario a few days earlier, as a birthday present.

"Mario is obsessed. He's forever playing on his PlayStation, and we bought him FIFA 2009 because we didn't want him playing violent games," his mother told Il Corriere.

Makes me sick! He's playing 09

Disgrace

:whistle:

Well my PS3's bust again. I'm seriously pissed off. Updated to Firmware 3.15 today, went to switch the thing back on and theres no picture. Tried everything, but to no avail. I'm just staggered that Sony could produce such a poor console...how can it break after an update? Following some research, i'm not alone.

Fortunately, I had sense enough to get the fucking thing insured so its being replaced on Friday. This may be the friggin' chainsaw that cuts the camels back into two bloody pieces. I was playing MGS4 until i updated, its like a bloody flashback to last year. It seems like its such a poorly designed console, it breaks with minimal.....anything! I've only used it to play blu rays in the last 6 months, dont think its seen any game action whatsoever.

Its a disgrace quite frankly, and this will be my 3rd PS3 in 11 months. Conversely i've had 2 360's in 24 months, and the first one must have had about 40 days worth of CoD4 for Christs sake.

I'm struggling to get angry because the situation has been resolved, its just baffling that Sony could produce such an inferior machine. Anyone who argues otherwise quite simply hasnt owned both.

To be fair Rev, though I've never owned a 360 I've had my PS3 for over 2 years without any problems whatsoever. Not trying to belittle your problems, just saying that I can't complain

Guest DavidJCW

I bought one about 2 years ago now and in the first few weeks it went wrong... it just stopped reading disks.

However, the replacement one I got has (touch-wood) been perfect so far.

Well my PS3's bust again. I'm seriously pissed off. Updated to Firmware 3.15 today, went to switch the thing back on and theres no picture. Tried everything, but to no avail. I'm just staggered that Sony could produce such a poor console...how can it break after an update? Following some research, i'm not alone.

Fortunately, I had sense enough to get the fucking thing insured so its being replaced on Friday. This may be the friggin' chainsaw that cuts the camels back into two bloody pieces. I was playing MGS4 until i updated, its like a bloody flashback to last year. It seems like its such a poorly designed console, it breaks with minimal.....anything! I've only used it to play blu rays in the last 6 months, dont think its seen any game action whatsoever.

Its a disgrace quite frankly, and this will be my 3rd PS3 in 11 months. Conversely i've had 2 360's in 24 months, and the first one must have had about 40 days worth of CoD4 for Christs sake.

I'm struggling to get angry because the situation has been resolved, its just baffling that Sony could produce such an inferior machine. Anyone who argues otherwise quite simply hasnt owned both.

Don't worry about it too much. 2010 will be the year of the PS3. It has to happen eventually. Surely? :giggle:

I need to get the dusters out for March though.

You could always get ME2 tomorrow? :thumbup:

Don't worry about it too much. 2010 will be the year of the PS3. It has to happen eventually. Surely? :giggle:

I thought 2008 and 2009 were meant to be the year of the PS3 aswell? :unsure:

Mind you although i'd say the Xbox was just ahead of the PS3 as in releases and exclusive releases even that hasn't had many games of great excitement out, The games just don't seem to be coming through.

I thought 2008 and 2009 were meant to be the year of the PS3 aswell? :unsure:

Mind you although i'd say the Xbox was just ahead of the PS3 as in releases and exclusive releases even that hasn't had many games of great excitement out, The games just don't seem to be coming through.

This.

Demon Souls is another which is supposed to be proper hardcore.

(just looked into this and it's still unlikely to be released over here. yet another screwup Sony Europe congratulations.)

FFXIII although early reviews are down a bit.

It's looking good on the RPG front for 2010.

:whistle:Don't worry about it too much. 2010 will be the year of the PS3. It has to happen eventually. Surely? :giggle:

I doubt it...

But anyway, surprisingly I haven't played the original Mass Effect, so ME2's a no-no for me. Its just one of those games that I've just never got round to playing, its a long game too so to be honest I doubt I ever will as both games are about 3 months worth and I havent got the time.

So doubt i'll ever play either unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived