Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

ps3

Ok I know what's wrong with my connection.

The Ping is fooking awful, i've tested it numerous times on my laptop, and the ping is usually above 300ms, which, after research, is fvcking awful for gaming.

All i've gotta do now is try and work out how to make my ping faster. If not, try and see what Virgin have to say for themselves

Randomly, my ping plummeted to 28-30ms, and I am just got MOTM in an online team game :D

Still a bit patchy at times, but my upload speed is wank at the moment!

That's because lower is better.

You're all lucky basterds.

My Orange broadband ping results:

packets transmitted 4 received 0 packet loss 100 % time 2999 ms

Just won a PS3 on eBay, the Slim one with 250gb hard drive, brand new with 5 games apparently, £200.00

Hope it does arrive at some point, and I've not been ripped off. I've managed to get the sellers address just in case! I'll have to send the heavies round!

Sold my Xbox for £250 too, can't be bad?

Just won a PS3 on eBay, the Slim one with 250gb hard drive, brand new with 5 games apparently, £200.00

Hope it does arrive at some point, and I've not been ripped off. I've managed to get the sellers address just in case! I'll have to send the heavies round!

Sold my Xbox for £250 too, can't be bad?

Who the hell brought an xbox for £250.

Anybody with an older ps3 like me having a problem signing in to ps network, they're working on it

PlayStation Network Status Update

We are aware that some users are experiencing a network connection failure when signing on to PlayStation Network. Those of you with the newer, “slim” PS3s (120GB/250GB) seem to be unaffected.

We are currently working to restore service as a matter of priority and will update with further information as necessary.  We apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and continued support.

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, where we’ll be updating you on the situation as often as possible.

PlayStation 3 systems across the globe have been struck with the 8001050F error.

On February 28, the calendar on original PS3 systems was reset to January 1, 2000, blocking access to online content. It has been confirmed that Slim PS3 systems have not been affected.

The console will fail to access PSN, load games with Trophies or play PS3 Originals or Premium Themes.

Users have reported that Trophy data has also been wiped.

The error has been identified to strike offline systems, suggesting a firmware error related to a leap year miscalculation.

Sony has told Twitter followers: "We're aware that many of you are having problems connecting to PSN, and yes, we're looking into it. Stay tuned for updates."

It has been advised that users with older PS3 models should not use their console until further notice.

Fumingggggggggggggggggggggg!!

The going theory is that the PS3 is storing some form of date in GMT, then modifying that to get whatever you see in the on-screen clock. That modification process seems to be fine--the system can take 2/28/2010, 9PM GMT, add four hours, and get 3/1/2010, 1AM random time zone.

What's apparently effed, as speculation goes, is when the internal GMT-tracking rolls over to 3/1. It's either not rolling, or rolling to 2/29, at which point a system tries to add/subtract from 2/29, which it can't do because the front-end calendar doesn't have a 2/29/2010, and $#!T explodes. Seemed to happen around 4PM PDT, which I think is 12AM GMT, so.

And the PS3 launched in 2006; it's hit 4 2/28s so far. 2007 and 2009 were odd-numbered years; 2008 was an even, and a leap year. 2010 is the first even non-leap-year the system's been around for. If some sort of base-level math is choking on itself, it may have ruled out the odd 2007 and 2009 successfully, but is convinced the even 2010 is a leap year (this part I'm less sure of, but is why leap year could theoretically come into play at some point.)

I'm concered because if the update need to be downloaded online then I'm damned because I don't have an online account, All of my FIFA10 trophies has gone missing so I hope I can get them back :(

The PS3 is quickly becoming a disaster. Yet there is so much untapped potential. Still. When will the tide turn for it?

I haven't switched the machine on since attempting, and finally giving up on, the jerky, ott, most over-rated FPS of all time, Killzone 2.

Now I was going to get God of War 3, something worthy of a day one purchase, but now this latest Sony cock-up could well have screwed that one.

The trophy system is a joke even when it's working properly.

360 all the way for the time being then. Get one people. £160 in Sainsbury's for an Elite. Bargain.

While we are yet to hear directly from SCEA regarding the global problems involving their Playstation 3 console, we have had an official update from a figure within Sony’s UK team.

Such is the enormity of this problem, it has even started to hit major news stations around the world, as Sony UK’s David Wilson made the following statement to Sky News.

Regarding the PS3 lockdown, Wilson stated: “We’re working flat-out to fix the problem. We’ve got guys here working on things and our Japanese team have been working through the night to get this sorted.”

Heres the important part though: He goes on to say that ”affected PS3 users can still access offline play” or ”other functionality that doesn’t require network access.”

However, as far as we’re aware, most of you have been telling us that your games are not working in offline mode either.

:giggle:

Only I shouldn't be doing that. The machine cost me a fortune when it first came out.

Guest Mee-9
This guy is hilarious :crylaugh:

I just about pissed myself then. That was so funny. Love the 'Puppy Killing' bit.

I wouldn't bother turning your consoles on guys, My mate with 1200 trophies, just lost them all. lol

Dont ask how he knows he's lost them, He's adamant he has though.

Archived