Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

ps3

PSN maintenance at 5, sign in now if you still want to play online, else you cant sign in at all

Wish I would have read this. Just signed out after playing online on fifa. Will want to go on it later as usual, hope this maintenance doesn't last too long, especially not long enough to distrupt fifa 12 tomorow :/

• 3 months later...

Hells Yeah, got the Mrs a PS3 for Crimbo and been watching her play it and testing out a few games myself now and then. Canna believe the graphics on some of them. Bought her these games to get her cracking :

Dead Island

Red Dead Redemption

COD 4 Modern Warfare

Far Cry 2

Heavy Rain

Resident Evil 5

Formula One Championship Edition

Ridge Racer 7

Tiger Woods 07

I'm buying some more games next week so could do with a few tips of great games from 2008-2011. I'm gonna get some older games pre-owned as they've gone down in price before getting on to the newest ones. Defo getting Uncharted 2 and Dead Space 1 and 2. Not sure whether to get Uncharted 1 aswell.

She's not really a fan of games with dragons and wizards and shit but likes all sorts of others. Sports games she likes are cricket, football, darts, F1 and golf. And she's loving COD4 online so what would be some of the best games similar to that?

I just had a crack on COD4 Free For All 8 player and after two 10 minutes with no kills finally got six kills in the next one. Killstreak of two. Crept up on some dude from behind and unloaded about 50 rounds with the heavy gun, missed with the lot and he turned around and meleed me in the face. Laughing my paps off playing on this! Might have to get a headset next week. Take this shit to another level lol

One gripe I have so far is that my Mrs was having fun trundling along whistling on her horse whilst playing Red Dead Redemption online multiplayer free roam in "friendly" mode, and some psycho comes along and shoots her horse. WTF, this is friendly mode dude. Sick bastard. I can see her flippin on someone if I buy her a mic.

Hells Yeah, got the Mrs a PS3 for Crimbo and been watching her play it and testing out a few games myself now and then. Canna believe the graphics on some of them. Bought her these games to get her cracking :

Dead Island

Red Dead Redemption

COD 4 Modern Warfare

Far Cry 2

Heavy Rain

Resident Evil 5

Ridge Racer 7

Tiger Woods 07

I'm buying some more games next week so could do with a few tips of great games from 2008-2011. I'm gonna get some older games pre-owned as they've gone down in price before getting on to the newest ones. Defo getting Uncharted 2 and Dead Space 1 and 2. Not sure whether to get Uncharted 1 aswell.

She's not really a fan of games with dragons and wizards and shit but likes all sorts of others. Sports games she likes are cricket, football, darts, F1 and golf. And she's loving COD4 online so what would be some of the best games similar to that?

I just had a crack on COD4 Free For All 8 player and after two 10 minutes with no kills finally got six kills in the next one. Killstreak of two. Crept up on some dude from behind and unloaded about 50 rounds with the heavy gun, missed with the lot and he turned around and meleed me in the face. Laughing my paps off playing on this! Might have to get a headset next week. Take this shit to another level lol

One gripe I have so far is that my Mrs was having fun trundling along whistling on her horse whilst playing Red Dead Redemption online multiplayer free roam in "friendly" mode, and some psycho comes along and shoots her horse. WTF, this is friendly mode dude. Sick bastard. I can see her flippin on someone if I buy her a mic.

Metal gear solid is a good buy if you like stealth and battlefield bad company 2

Dead Island

Red Dead Redemption

COD 4 Modern Warfare

Far Cry 2

Heavy Rain

Resident Evil 5

Ridge Racer 7

Tiger Woods 07

Before I boxed up my PS3 to collect dust, I went through the Resistance Fall of Man series, 1 and 2. You could try those.

Apart from that, the Ratchet and Clank series, she will definately like those. Nice and easy.

Don't forget Mass Effect 2 either. The greatest game ever made (imo :thumbup: ).

Oh, and from your list, Far Cry 2 is a horrible, horrible game. Take it back! lol

Happy New Year!

• 2 weeks later...

<p><p><p>

Anybody got any idea of good ps3 deals atm? I want to start out with a console with fifa a?nd skyrim, anybody know where i could get this cheapest

www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/playstation-3-160gb-slim-with-fifa-12-155179

My PS3 broke down last month after 5 hearty years, saving up for a new one anyone know where is the best play to pick up the slim PS3 on the cheap not amazon?

I went in Cash Generators in town and they're selling a 160gb PS3 slim for £145 pre owned, obviously :)

Archived