Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

X-Box 360 Thread.

Is your PC and Xbox on a network? Can you access the same internet connection on both?

no at the moment there both in the spare room and i unplug the cable from my modem to my pc or xbox wich ever one im using , its a pain in the ass and im looking at linking them up whith a router i think , am i right in thinking the router can plug both my pc and xbox into the same modem. Also i would love to be able to take my xbox downstairs and plug into my big new tv (when the mrs is out because shes allways watching bloody crap tv on it lol) and be able to go online and also if i could stream films fom my pc upstairs to my tv downstairs that would be amazing, i have no router or wireless equipment at the moment but i have been looking on ebay for some bits, ohh and im on virgin cable.

no at the moment there both in the spare room and i unplug the cable from my modem to my pc or xbox wich ever one im using , its a pain in the ass and im looking at linking them up whith a router i think , am i right in thinking the router can plug both my pc and xbox into the same modem. Also i would love to be able to take my xbox downstairs and plug into my big new tv (when the mrs is out because shes allways watching bloody crap tv on it lol) and be able to go online and also if i could stream films fom my pc upstairs to my tv downstairs that would be amazing, i have no router or wireless equipment at the moment but i have been looking on ebay for some bits, ohh and im on virgin cable.

yes all of that is possible. i'm with virgin too and recently got them to upgrade my hardware as my modem was faulty. They gave me a new modem & a Netgear wireless for no charge. the router has 4 ports on the back so you can have a pc, xbox & other bits attached. You'll just need to get a wireless xbox thingy & yer chuffing away.

yes all of that is possible. i'm with virgin too and recently got them to upgrade my hardware as my modem was faulty. They gave me a new modem & a Netgear wireless for no charge. the router has 4 ports on the back so you can have a pc, xbox & other bits attached. You'll just need to get a wireless xbox thingy & yer chuffing away.

nice one ill have to ring virgin and threaten to leave unless they give me all that , i love blackmail :chant:

To get the Xbox on line downstairs and to stream music and videos you will need to connect the xbox to the router. You can do this in three ways

1) always the best way and that is to wire it direct to the router but that means a cable from upstairs to down. Sometimes its easy, sometimes you cant.

2) the next is to connect wirelessly. Most routers are wireless. You will need the wireless add-on to the xbox unless you have an elite

3) the last option is to use homeplugs. These use your house's electrical cable as network wiring. These will only work if you have an earth. You will need two. One connected to the router the other to the xbox. You will need the 85mbps versions at least to stream videos. I use these well in our house. Its about £60 for two develo blue plugs.

Microsoft seem to be really going for the throat with 360 sales, just watching X-Factor i've seen about five 360 ad's tonight. It's a good ploy, with the update out on the 19th November, and whats going on with the PS3's home?

Very clever from Microsoft, lowering the price aswel, plus some excellent titles coming up in the next month.

Microsoft seem to be really going for the throat with 360 sales, just watching X-Factor i've seen about five 360 ad's tonight. It's a good ploy, with the update out on the 19th November, and whats going on with the PS3's home?

Very clever from Microsoft, lowering the price aswel, plus some excellent titles coming up in the next month.

What updates that mate?

To get the Xbox on line downstairs and to stream music and videos you will need to connect the xbox to the router. You can do this in three ways

1) always the best way and that is to wire it direct to the router but that means a cable from upstairs to down. Sometimes its easy, sometimes you cant.

2) the next is to connect wirelessly. Most routers are wireless. You will need the wireless add-on to the xbox unless you have an elite

3) the last option is to use homeplugs. These use your house's electrical cable as network wiring. These will only work if you have an earth. You will need two. One connected to the router the other to the xbox. You will need the 85mbps versions at least to stream videos. I use these well in our house. Its about £60 for two develo blue plugs.

thanks for the advice , in the end i rang virgin who are sending a wireless router now ive just got to buy the xbox wireless adapter when i can afford , but in the meantime i decided to try plugging my modem into my tv virgin cable downstairs to see if i could get onto live in my lounge and it worked perfectly no hassle .

Archived