Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

X-Box 360 Thread.

Ok, so there is a deal in Zavvi on these 360s. I'm thinking of getting one. Which one?

The Arcade is cheap at £97. The Premium is £150. The Elite is £199. Which one?

What comes with the Premium that doesn't with the Arcade? What benefit does the Elite have?

Is it worth getting the console just for Fable1/2 and Gears1/2?

Does it come with bluetooth?

Someone please advise. Cheers.

Ok, so there is a deal in Zavvi on these 360s. I'm thinking of getting one. Which one?

The Arcade is cheap at £97. The Premium is £150. The Elite is £199. Which one?

What comes with the Premium that doesn't with the Arcade? What benefit does the Elite have?

Is it worth getting the console just for Fable1/2 and Gears1/2?

Does it come with bluetooth?

I'd say Premium.

The difference is mainly in the size of the hard drive.

Definately don't go for the Arcade if you ever want to save a game.

If I get the Premium, what else is required to get it up and running on an HD screen?

I'm supposing I need...

an HDMI cable (as one will not be supplied)

a £25 subscription for online

But will I need a cable to run to my router or can it be setup wirelessly directly from the console?

My Premium 360 goes through component (still HD, and you get it with it!)

Yeah u need to pay for xbox live gold

It can be set up wirelessly, either getting the official xbox wireless adapter (35 odd quid now), OR going through a wireless enabled laptop OR through a homeplug thingy.

Hope this helps :thumbup:

1) The Arcade is cheap at £97. The Premium is £150. The Elite is £199. Which one?

2) What comes with the Premium that doesn't with the Arcade? What benefit does the Elite have?

3) Is it worth getting the console just for Fable1/2 and Gears1/2?

4)Does it come with bluetooth?

1) Premium.

2) You get a hard drive, the Arcade doesn't support HD and the Arcade can't play original xbox games.

3) No brainer. The answer's definitely yes.

4) 'Fraid not.

If I get the Premium, what else is required to get it up and running on an HD screen?

I'm supposing I need...

an HDMI cable (as one will not be supplied)

a £25 subscription for online

But will I need a cable to run to my router or can it be setup wirelessly directly from the console?

Go get it on a HD screen, you'll just need the component cable it comes with.

Online's £35 for a year, or you can pay monthly or 3-monthly, but it's more expensive.

You can only set it up wirelessly from the console if you buy the adaptor, about £55. So if I were you I'd run a cable to the router. However, if it's near a computer that connect wirelessly, you can plug it into that computer and connect, but you do need to have the computer turned on.

Hope this helps!

Things have changed since I was last on a 360.

Love the new dashboard etc.

& I love the thing where you can download the game to your hardrive, silent gaming. :wub:

Oh & very impressed that they saved the downloads I had paid for on my Gamertag so I could download them again for free, like the map pack for COD4.

Good to be back.

Things have changed since I was last on a 360.

Love the new dashboard etc.

& I love the thing where you can download the game to your hardrive, silent gaming. :wub:

Oh & very impressed that they saved the downloads I had paid for on my Gamertag so I could download them again for free, like the map pack for COD4.

Good to be back.

Well said my man, it is excellent.

Also, Legend_in_blue - it depends on the money youre willing to spend. Dont get an arcade, theyre pointless without a HD. I personally would go for an elite, the huge HD can now be put to good use with the new ability to save games onto it for quiet gaming.

It is definitely worth getting one just got Gears 1 & 2. And CoD4 just to experience the multiplayer on the best multiplayer game available on anything, so you can truly compare. Ive just got Fable II, but have yet to play on it due to Fallout. 40 hours and counting.

I think GAME have an offer on for a premium and Gears 1 & 2 for £199, which is pretty good.

Also, ***GET A LIVE SUBSCRIPTION OFF EBAY, ABOUT 25 QUID AND YOU WILL HAVE THE CODE WITHIN ABOUT 12 HOURS.*** Im disgusted people are still telling people to pay 35 quid from Microsoft. Come on!

Lastly L_i_b, its nice to someone branching out.

I personally wouldn't do it because there is always a chance with the 360 that it will break and if it's chipped there not going to replace or repair it.

The games are a fraction of the price though and i don't think it affects Live.

I think you can play online with your xbox chipped but only with a legal game in.

If you go online with a copied game in your xbox, it just stops your xbox working. My mate did it a couple of months ago, forgot hed left it in the disc drive and he had to get a new xbox

I will be joining this crew in a week. Keen.

Yes pops!

on the subject of chipping, i wouldnt bother, its not worth the risk. I've heard of consoles being bricked and stuff if you go online with a chipped console. Risk reward. Not something i'd do.

Also lildave - You will need you PES disc, the saving on games onto you HD reduces console noise. You will need the disc.

Ok, I just bought meself one of these black Elite things. It hums very quietly in the corner of the room.

Can someone recommend a decent RPG other than Fallout 3, Fable 1/2 and Mass Effect? I need a decent RPG.

Also, is Forza 2 a good buy at £13?

I was on Forza all the time when it came out quality game especially at £13.

I have all achievements on it, Think Manwell said he has too.

Archived