Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

X-Box 360 Thread.

I have had a look at all of the downloadable stuff in live. I have to say, this is pretty impressive. Although, since it costs you money, it ought to be expected. One (daft) question, 'how do you get hold of these G's to download stuff?'

Once the free subscription is up for the month, what's the best way about getting it up and running all the time?

Currently downloading Gears 2 to the harddrive. This should be fun. Watch out, I'm an expert. lol

I have had a look at all of the downloadable stuff in live. I have to say, this is pretty impressive. Although, since it costs you money, it ought to be expected. One (daft) question, 'how do you get hold of these G's to download stuff?'

Once the free subscription is up for the month, what's the best way about getting it up and running all the time?

Currently downloading Gears 2 to the harddrive. This should be fun. Watch out, I'm an expert. lol

Excellent choice sir, well done.

Get yourself onto ebay, and put in live 12 month subscription or something along those lines. It'll cost you about 25-30 quid, for 12 months, and usually they give you an extra month, so 13 months in total. They'll email you a code which you put in on your xbox and it will give you your subscription. I've used this method, and i've also used this method for getting the G's you talk about - (Microsoft points) - G's are what you get ewhen you unlock achievements.

Microsoft points are purchased - normally about 17-20 quid for 2100 points, which will give you a few arcade games. I've bought 4200 points twice now - they're well worth it. Theres some fantastic games available on the arcade.

Something along these lines...

Also - Gears of War 1 first!!

Get yourself onto ebay, and put in live 12 month subscription or something along those lines. It'll cost you about 25-30 quid, for 12 months, and usually they give you an extra month, so 13 months in total. They'll email you a code which you put in on your xbox and it will give you your subscription. I've used this method, and i've also used this method for getting the G's you talk about - (Microsoft points) - G's are what you get ewhen you unlock achievements.

Microsoft points are purchased - normally about 17-20 quid for 2100 points, which will give you a few arcade games. I've bought 4200 points twice now - they're well worth it. Theres some fantastic games available on the arcade.

Sound. I will try this out. Is it possible to get these 'microsoft points' elsewhere?

Sound. I will try this out. Is it possible to get these 'microsoft points' elsewhere?

You mean in shops or at places like Play.com? Yeah, you can. It works just the same, you'll get a card with a code on, difference is on ebay you just get the code emailed straight to you.

You mean in shops or at places like Play.com? Yeah, you can. It works just the same, you'll get a card with a code on, difference is on ebay you just get the code emailed straight to you.

Cool. I take it you can enter your card details through live and download stuff that way? You then get billed for what you download on your card statement I would assume.

Just downloaded the marble blast trial and that's quite addictive. Looks great on the tv too.

Cool. I take it you can enter your card details through live and download stuff that way? You then get billed for what you download on your card statement I would assume.

Just downloaded the marble blast trial and that's quite addictive. Looks great on the tv too.

Yeah i think so, but i think it has to be a credit card, i thought asbout it but i only have a debit card, plus its more expensive if you buy it from Microsoft e.g 12 month Live Subscription from Microsoft = £35 - £40 - off ebay = £25. Same goes for points.

I've just had a Fallout sesh. Love that game.

What do you think about gamerpoints? I personally think its genius from Microsoft, adds so much replay value to a game, even though at the end of the day Gamerscore means nothing, you want to get achievements. I think its quality.

yup

Keen, I'm going to have to improve slightly first though. I've been playing Pro Evo for the past six years!

Zavvi are doing a years Live subscription for £30 (£10 off) if you can't be bothered with eBay

Ok, I am getting to know this piece of kit quite nicely now. I need some ideas though on what's good to get, exclusive wise, and the best price.

I want:

1 - a decent racer.

2 - a decent RPG.

These are my priorities. Any advice on what's best, please let me know. Any other game recommendations which were released in say, 2006/7, let me know also.

Cheers.

Ok, I am getting to know this piece of kit quite nicely now. I need some ideas though on what's good to get, exclusive wise, and the best price.

I want:

1 - a decent racer.

2 - a decent RPG.

These are my priorities. Any advice on what's best, please let me know. Any other game recommendations which were released in say, 2006/7, let me know also.

Cheers.

i thought you said a decent raper lol

I want:

1 - a decent racer.

2 - a decent RPG.

Cheers.

Forza 2 for a simulation Racer.

Could Fallout 3 be classed as a RPG?

I want:

1 - a decent racer.

2 - a decent RPG.

Cheers.

Decent racer - sim would br Forza 2 (£30 with 'free' controller), arcade racer would be grid

Archived