Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

X-Box 360 Thread.

I think that after 14 months of service, my 360 is about to die. Looks like the disc drive is fucked. Wont read games, keep opening and closing the tray see if it'll read, and it just whirrs, and stops. Though saying that its just loaded Street Fighter. But its on its last legs, its not the firts time this has happened. Its out of warranty - normal warranty for anything apart from the RROD is 1 year i think. Damn.

Looks like one off ebay, without anything other than the console, whack mine on as faulty, and hope i dont make too much of a loss.

Just accuired ...

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X & Resident Evil 5.

Going to get stuck into um, all day Thursday & Friday.

I thought Resident Evil 5 wasn't out until Mid-March?

Then it seems like I'm getting served soon, too! :cool:

I think that after 14 months of service, my 360 is about to die. Looks like the disc drive is fucked. Wont read games, keep opening and closing the tray see if it'll read, and it just whirrs, and stops. Though saying that its just loaded Street Fighter. But its on its last legs, its not the firts time this has happened. Its out of warranty - normal warranty for anything apart from the RROD is 1 year i think. Damn.

Looks like one off ebay, without anything other than the console, whack mine on as faulty, and hope i dont make too much of a loss.

Unless you've broken it yourself you'll have a full three year warranty, Microsoft proivided this to all XBox owners after it was made clear that they had made a faulty product.

I've decided to just get a new one and sell my old one on ebay for repairs.

So bought an Elite off ebay for £190 delivered. I'm guessing i'll get £70+ for my faulty console (it does work eventually, and has power brick/scart lead/controller etc), then another £50 for the 120GB hard drive.

So all in all, i'll be getting one of the newer 360's (chipset/processor wise), in the lovely black which will go with my TV and PS3 for about £70ish (i'm also selling some games to cover the cost). So not too bad really.

Anyone interested PM me.

And you still haven't accepted my friend request?

That was when it was broke, The console isn't broke atm it's a billing problem that got my account suspended, With the PS3 just sitting there I've been to lazy to sort it out.

You know what I'm gonna sort it out Wednesday so i can thrash you at something! :D

Got an email today, its a the service centre.

Next step is being sent back after being replaced or repaired.

Whats the chances of them replacing it for a cheeky Elite.

:whistle:

Less than zero lol

I'm selling a few games aswel if anyone's interested - CoD:WaW, Fable II and PES08 are up on ebay, but if anyones interested, let me know.

What a great game Gears 2 is.

I'm up to the part where Dom meets his wife - truly great stuff.

It's better than the Resistance series on PS3, there's no doubt about that.

Is it up to Killzone 2 standards? Not sure - haven't tried it yet!

Thats a tough question. I would go for Gears myself - just because Gears 1 & 2 are on the 360, whereas i've not played the original Killzone. Killzone's also a FPS so i'd say its a bit more accessible than Gears. Both EPIC series' though, from what i've played of Killzone anyway.

In other news, my fucking Elite still hasnt turned up. Perhaps i'm being hasty, but it was sent Wednesday afternoon, so i'm going to be very annoyed if its not here tomorrow.

Archived