Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

X-Box 360 Thread.

Just got.......

The Wheelman

Anyone played it yet, any good ? I must say its my kind of game though, mission based driving thats easy to pick up.

Will let you know what i think after playing.

Also just got hold of...

WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania......... Ive got to be The Ultimate Warrior.

My tag is 'Legend in blue'.

How do I get hold of the flashback maps? If they're free, I'm up for it.

The Reverend and myself are tied on 4 a piece after our showdown on SF4. If you're up for a challenge take me on. :whistle:

If you bought the game new you should have leaflet with a code that allows you to download the flash back maps for free.

and if you really want to play me at street fighter I'm more than up for it lol.

I feel like chucking my xbox out the window when I attempt the Nurburgring exhibition race on Forza.

Only one I need, got gold in all the others, so winning the race would give me 3 achievements.

I race with 'B' cars because they're easier to control on such a fast circuit. But I keep getting till like the 8th minute on the second lap and then I absolutely bin it.

got them red rings of death the other day and my mate got them yesterday. We both just fixed them. If you get it, at your own risk lol i dont know what the chances are of it completely braking it but both ours work now after doing it. I took the hard drive off my xbox and all the cables except for the power lead, I wrapped it in 3 blankets and left it on for about 20 minutes. let it cool down for a few minutes and it was working again :cool:

edit: its got the rings again lol

got them red rings of death the other day and my mate got them yesterday. We both just fixed them. If you get it, at your own risk lol i dont know what the chances are of it completely braking it but both ours work now after doing it. I took the hard drive off my xbox and all the cables except for the power lead, I wrapped it in 3 blankets and left it on for about 20 minutes. let it cool down for a few minutes and it was working again :cool:

edit: its got the rings again lol

Yeah that does work, how well depends on your luck and the machine.

I got it them them the friday evening that I had finished work for over a week for X mas 07, so in the interest of not being bored for the entrire Xmas period and playing me new games I did the above. Worked for about 5 weeks then packed up, did it again lasted for 3 days packed up again, did it again didn't work, sent it off to Mircosoft fixed within 2 weeks.

They're pretty good at fixing the machines now my mate got his Xbox back within a week of sending his off, although I think he just got a new one as it was the third time it's gone.

Right this thread is 30 pages long so really don't have the desire to read it but can anyone tell me why my xbox keeps coming up with "the disc is unreadable" every 5 minutes? The discs are perfectly fine - no scratches on any. It's not just one game it does it with either, it's all of them. :S

I hate technology.

Right this thread is 30 pages long so really don't have the desire to read it but can anyone tell me why my xbox keeps coming up with "the disc is unreadable" every 5 minutes? The discs are perfectly fine - no scratches on any. It's not just one game it does it with either, it's all of them. :S

I hate technology.

Its hard to tell.

I used to very occasionally get it on my old one.

How olds the machine? If its in warranty, i'd give Microsoft a call, or take it back to where you got it. If its happening all the time, its obviously something to do with the disc drive (if as you say the discs are fine).

Its hard to tell.

I used to very occasionally get it on my old one.

How olds the machine? If its in warranty, i'd give Microsoft a call, or take it back to where you got it. If its happening all the time, its obviously something to do with the disc drive (if as you say the discs are fine).

It's definitely not the discs - only had most of them since mid-late November. Don't ever leave them lying around, and cannot see scratches on them from any angle in any light.

Machine is pretty much in warranty as well, not had it that long at all. Was considering giving Microsoft a call just wanted to check if there was anything I could do beforehand. Thanks mate. :thumbup:

It's definitely not the discs - only had most of them since mid-late November. Don't ever leave them lying around, and cannot see scratches on them from any angle in any light.

Machine is pretty much in warranty as well, not had it that long at all. Was considering giving Microsoft a call just wanted to check if there was anything I could do beforehand. Thanks mate. :thumbup:

No worries.

If you've still got the receipt, take it back to the shop - much less hassle than sending it off to Microsoft, them buggering about with it, and then sending it back.

Right, I got an Xbox for Christmas and whenever I try and do a normal versus match against my housemate on Fifa it freezes as soon as player two does anything after kick-off. It's not the game because I changed that. Anyone got any ideas? I might try loading it onto the hard drive, see if that makes a difference

Fecking odd that is. Normally freezing is a sign of the red light of death looming closer and closer but seeing as you've only just bought your's I doubt it's that.

Finally got round to sorting this. Registered my Xbox and when I've sorted out address issues I'm going to request a repair

Just writing to say that earlier on in this page when i said that I fixed my xbox before it broke agin from the three red lights, I did it again and have encountered no problems as of yet. My mate did it to his aswell and he said that his now reads games better aswell as it used to take ages to read a game.

So if anyones xbox gets red rings on it, you may want to try the suggestion made by me earlier in the page to get it started again. :thumbup:

Finally got round to sorting this. Registered my Xbox and when I've sorted out address issues I'm going to request a repair

I sorted it :yahoo: The problem was that my save files were messing it up. If I'd rang up when it actually happened rather than three months later I could have played multiplayer FIFA a lot sooner. I always do this.

For anybody thats not got The Orange Box, its £11.95 on ShopTo.net.

Do yourself a bloody favour and get it quick.

A quality title. I was pleased when this was released on the consoles. My original HL2 experience was cut short thanks to Steam and I never got to finish it. As soon as this was released I snapped it up. According to reviews, episode 2 is almost unplayable because of framerate issues and tearing.

I have to say I never experienced any of that - it ran smooth as anything - PS3 version btw.

As for Steam, 4/5 years on, they're still as inept as they were back then.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived