Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

X-Box 360 Thread.

I haven't bought a game for a while so I'm looking to get one but not sure what to get.

I'm looking at:

Fallout 3

Bioshock

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Fable 2

Half Life (Orange Box)

I've not played any of these, apart from half life on the pc, so I don't know anything about them, just read some good reviews on the internet. Any recommendations from people who have played any of these?

Fallout 3 will last you hours. An extremely good game and you can get the downloadable content to expand the game. So, in terms of longevity, get that.

Bioshock is gaming brilliance. Turn the lights out and whack up the volume, it's all about atmosphere with this one. The only down side is that it's a bit short (and I didn't like the ending too much).

Red Faction, mmmmm, haven't played it but it's all about the online with this one. Single player is a bit naff I've heard.

Fable 2, yes now I have this one. It's a bit of an oddity imo. Almost finished it but it hasn't in the slightest challenged me at all. Too easy. And too short. The number of high scores it received surprises me.

Half Life (Orange Box) is a neat little package. HL2 is great, ep 1 is good, ep 2 is better and portal is genius.

Don't forget Dead Space and if you're after a long rpg to get stuck into, get Lost Odyssey - awesome game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I brought my Xbox off a friend and i'm using his live account which has his name init, the Xbox live is due to run out soon can people give me suggestions for new xbox live names please? I've just tried Leicester City for an account name it's taken but no one uses it :(

Went into gamestation today , asked how much a preowned 20gb 360 (wont need a hard drive bigger than that i promise u) she said 120 quid and if i gave them my old ps2 and a few games she would give it to me for 100 quid , she said they just took a big delivery of preowned 360;s which havent been touched , just for displays in other shops , so their basically brand new (dont know if i believed her) just wondering what to do?? , anyone bought a preowned console before? been wanting a ps3 but reckon i wont use blueray much , im not a hardcore gamer, got a 20 quid game voucher reckon ill use that to get year of xbox live so wud only cost me like 20 quid for the year , so 360 and gold live for 120 quid

Went into gamestation today , asked how much a preowned 20gb 360 (wont need a hard drive bigger than that i promise u) she said 120 quid and if i gave them my old ps2 and a few games she would give it to me for 100 quid , she said they just took a big delivery of preowned 360;s which havent been touched , just for displays in other shops , so their basically brand new (dont know if i believed her) just wondering what to do?? , anyone bought a preowned console before? been wanting a ps3 but reckon i wont use blueray much , im not a hardcore gamer, got a 20 quid game voucher reckon ill use that to get year of xbox live so wud only cost me like 20 quid for the year , so 360 and gold live for 120 quid

You will. Even 120gb is not enough imo.

You'll want to make use of the harddrive for storing the games, instead of running off the disc. You'll have enough room for 2 games tops. The machine runs games so quietly off the hdd.

You will. Even 120gb is not enough imo.

You'll want to make use of the harddrive for storing the games, instead of running off the disc. You'll have enough room for 2 games tops. The machine runs games so quietly off the hdd.

It's hardly worth all the money just to make it a bit quieter.

my xbox died for the second time 2 weeks ago. the first time i got RRoD it was simple to sort, ring up "John from India Call Centres Please" and the man sorted me out saying UPS would bring me a label and take my box away, bish bash bosh no problem they came next day had the thing back 2 weeks later. this was one year ago. this time ; no farking chance! you cant speak to anybody you have to do it online, not difficult really but i thought i had clicked a link asking UPS to, again, bring me a label as i don't have access to a printer. so, low and behold, a UPS wideboy rolls onto my drive demanding a box with a label that he was supposed to provide but he had no knowledge. he said he would come back next day with a label but never did, i had to spend 20 minutes talking to the automated phone service to get it sorted and finally organize a pick up. its now gone and hoping to get it back before 30th sept.

by the sounds of it FIFA 10 is MASSIVE and CoDMW2 (six!) but other than that nothing appeals to me gameswise atm, maybe GH5. anyone shed any light?

Archived