Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

X-Box 360 Thread.

Will someone please tell me how to stop xbox live signing into msn everytime I sign in?

Press the xbox button, go to preferences or the one above it ;) you can then untick the box :thumbup:

Got the xbox 360 super elite for xmas(the one bundled with Forza3),have just been looking at the wireless connectors and £50 seems a bit steep considering i've been playing online with my ps3 where its built in.Do any of you know a cheaper alternative?

Got the xbox 360 super elite for xmas(the one bundled with Forza3),have just been looking at the wireless connectors and £50 seems a bit steep considering i've been playing online with my ps3 where its built in.Do any of you know a cheaper alternative?

Ethernet cable mate, Run the cable from the router, to the xbox.

Anyone had any problems with the 3 red rings of death?

They appeared on my xbox today much to my disappointment, although managed to get it working again with the use of 1p coins (8 of them). Anyone else used this method?

ebay

They appeared on my xbox today much to my disappointment, although managed to get it working again with the use of 1p coins (8 of them). Anyone else used this method?

Do you have an Elite? I still know of noone with an Elite that has broken down.

As for the wireless setup, Tesco do one for £39.99. You can get them through Amazon as well for over £100 if you prefer the more expensive option. :S

Do you have an Elite? I still know of noone with an Elite that has broken down.

As for the wireless setup, Tesco do one for £39.99. You can get them through Amazon as well for over £100 if you prefer the more expensive option. :S

Nah just the normal 360 premium or something like that.

I'd ring up Microsoft the number is knocking about in this thread somewhere, it's pretty easy to blag a repair/new console even without warranty.

Already fixed it mate. Spent 2hours doing it last night with the use of 8x1pence peices :D

The exact same thing happened to me last night!!!! My xbox has been freezing on and off for a few days and then last night it froze and when i restarted it I got the 3 red lights. How do I fix it?

The exact same thing happened to me last night!!!! My xbox has been freezing on and off for a few days and then last night it froze and when i restarted it I got the 3 red lights. How do I fix it?

Not saying that it will work for you but it sure did for me. Takes around 1-2 hours to do and you need patience with all the screws you have to undo.

You will need - Small Screwdriver, tawkshead screws T9 and T15 from memory.

8 x 1pence peices. Preferably dated between 1944 and 1981 as the copper content is higher.

Electrical tape.

I got an x-box for christmas :ph34r: which wireless adaptor is the best?

Aha! You have seen the light!

The Rev will be impressed with this. Yet another converted to the cause!

Your PS3 will gather dust now as the 360 and it's superbly integrated menu and achievement system takes over all of your free time!

Dust it off for GoW3 in March tho', that's what I'm planning to do. :thumbup:

Is it possible to get a different wireless adaptor for the 360 other than the official Microsoft one then? So a BT wireless adapter would work? Is this possible?

Your PS3 will gather dust now as the 360 and it's superbly integrated menu and achievement system takes over all of your free time!

My gf got me it for crimbo, i'm still gonna play my PS3 more because most of my mates have one, but i must admit they both look good under my new tv :)

Is it possible to get a different wireless adaptor for the 360 other than the official Microsoft one then? So a BT wireless adapter would work? Is this possible?

gow 3 in march i wish????????? more like 2011

I cant remember the last time I played on my PS3, its sole usage is a Blu Ray player now. Dont get me wrong, it was worth it for MGS4, but Jesus, I thought it'd get more use than it has. Like you say, the user interface is far, far better than the PS3's, navigation is easy and quick, anfd the achievements work SO much better than trophies.

As for a different wireless adaptor - I believe you can, i'm sure i've read you can, but i'd have a hunt on google if I were you. I've got an official one, and they're expensive, but they're bloody good bits of kit and i'm sure you could nab one off ebay for a decent price.

My gf got me it for crimbo, i'm still gonna play my PS3 more because most of my mates have one, but i must admit they both look good under my new tv :)

Time will tell - I understand that the social side of consoles has a huge bearing, and i'm the opposite, my friends have 360's, but even so, you'll end up sacking your mates off to lay some killer games instead of inferior ports.

For me, the only reason to own a PS3 is for Blu Ray (which you can get players now for under £100), and for MGS4 and Killzone2 (still havent finished Killzone2, so is it even that good?). Maybe Uncharted aswel, the second one is supposed to be immense, but I didnt fancy the first, just thought it looked previous gen.

Guest nathan.
I decided that the pennies fix was too complicated for an impractical guy like me so i just did the towel trick and mine is fine again for now.

Done the towel trick about 4 times now, each time i do it the time in between gets shorter. Got to the point where i either fix it properly myself or send it back to xbox and let them do it but im to impatient to wait for the repair as i sent it off befor and it took around two weeks.

Done the towel trick about 4 times now, each time i do it the time in between gets shorter. Got to the point where i either fix it properly myself or send it back to xbox and let them do it but im to impatient to wait for the repair as i sent it off befor and it took around two weeks.

Well my box i super old, I bought it used and I have had it over 2 years, for as old as it is it has lasted really well. Im basically gonna use the towel trick to keep it going for a few weeks, then once I have recovered from the financial drain of Christmas I will just buy another

I cant remember the last time I played on my PS3, its sole usage is a Blu Ray player now. Dont get me wrong, it was worth it for MGS4, but Jesus, I thought it'd get more use than it has. Like you say, the user interface is far, far better than the PS3's, navigation is easy and quick, anfd the achievements work SO much better than trophies.

As for a different wireless adaptor - I believe you can, i'm sure i've read you can, but i'd have a hunt on google if I were you. I've got an official one, and they're expensive, but they're bloody good bits of kit and i'm sure you could nab one off ebay for a decent price.

Time will tell - I understand that the social side of consoles has a huge bearing, and i'm the opposite, my friends have 360's, but even so, you'll end up sacking your mates off to lay some killer games instead of inferior ports.

For me, the only reason to own a PS3 is for Blu Ray (which you can get players now for under £100), and for MGS4 and Killzone2 (still havent finished Killzone2, so is it even that good?). Maybe Uncharted aswel, the second one is supposed to be immense, but I didnt fancy the first, just thought it looked previous gen.

Time will tell :)

Guest nathan.
Well my box i super old, I bought it used and I have had it over 2 years, for as old as it is it has lasted really well. Im basically gonna use the towel trick to keep it going for a few weeks, then once I have recovered from the financial drain of Christmas I will just buy another

Just finished the penny repair took me ages but yeh its working perfectly

Archived