Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

X-Box 360 Thread.

Just finished the penny repair took me ages but yeh its working perfectly

Good man. I couldnt believe it when it actually worked.

To the other guy - if you do buy a new one just get the standard arcade one and keep your old hard drive, just incase you didnt know :thumbup:

To the other guy - if you do buy a new one just get the standard arcade one and keep your old hard drive, just incase you didnt know :thumbup:

Yeah thats what I'll do. I might take a peek at the you tube videos of the penny trick just to see whether i think i can do it or not. But it seems whenever I take something electrical apart I can never quite put it back together properly lol.

Yeah thats what I'll do. I might take a peek at the you tube videos of the penny trick just to see whether i think i can do it or not. But it seems whenever I take something electrical apart I can never quite put it back together properly lol.

The videos are really good, you just need to have a bit of patience thats all :thumbup:

Guest nathan.

Yeh ino. There actually very simple machines everything just pops right out no problem but like you said the screws are a pain in the arse after a while. i think theres around 25 in all

Game Platform Genre Release Date

Bayonetta X360 Action January 5, 2010

Darksiders X360 Action January 5, 2010

Fable 2 Platinum Hits X360 Action RPG January 5, 2010

Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond X360 Action January 6, 2010

Army of Two: The 40th Day X360 Shooter January 12, 2010

Vancouver 2010: The Official Videogame of the Winter Olympic Games X360 Sports January 12, 2010

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter X360 Shooter January 13, 2010

Xbox Live Compilation: Volume 1 X360 Compilation January 15, 2010

Xbox Live Compilation: Volume 2 X360 Compilation January 15, 2010

Dark Void X360 Action January 19, 2010

Mass Effect 2 X360 RPG January 26, 2010

Mass Effect 2 (Collector's Edition) X360 RPG January 26, 2010

Assassin's Creed II: Battle of Forli X360 Action January 2010

Assassin's Creed II: Bonfire of the Vanities X360 Action January 2010

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 X360 Adventure January 2010

Shoot 1UP X360 Shooter January 2010

Ive already got Bayonetta and Darksiders. Ive not played Darksiders yet but Bayonetta is top notch.

Done the towel trick about 4 times now, each time i do it the time in between gets shorter. Got to the point where i either fix it properly myself or send it back to xbox and let them do it but im to impatient to wait for the repair as i sent it off befor and it took around two weeks.

Got so fed up with mine packing up I've now got two and I've got them on red light rotation lol

Right then braniacs, say i'm watching something online on my computer, is there a way of streaming it on my xbox?

I've tried to get this windows media center bollocks, but I can only view videos/pictures and things stored in my computer. Tried to download the media center for pc but I don't think my computer is new enough?

Right then braniacs, say i'm watching something online on my computer, is there a way of streaming it on my xbox?

I've tried to get this windows media center bollocks, but I can only view videos/pictures and things stored in my computer. Tried to download the media center for pc but I don't think my computer is new enough?

Yeh tis easy. Whats your home network? Wireless? Find ya pc on your dashboard and play.

edit ah I see what you mean now. Dont know if you can stream your desktop through your xbox. Cant you just connect your pc to ya tv via vga cable?

Yeh tis easy. Whats your home network? Wireless? Find ya pc on your dashboard and play.

edit ah I see what you mean now. Dont know if you can stream your desktop through your xbox. Cant you just connect your pc to ya tv via vga cable?

Could if I knew how, is it easy?

Edit - Just looked on amazon and there is about a gazillion different ones. Which would I need?

Step 1: Get networking

To stream movies from your PC to Xbox 360 they’ll both need to be connected to the same network. To do that, you’ll need a router. It’ll also need to be near your Xbox 360 so you can connect it using the included Ethernet cable. If that’s not possible, you’ll need to buy a wireless adapter for Microsoft’s console in order to get hooked up.

Your PC will also need to connect to the network, so if it doesn’t have a network card or built in wireless, you’ll want to grab an add-on to get it connected.

Step 2: Run Media Player

To share videos with your Xbox 360 you’ll need to be running Windows Media Player 11. If you don’t already have it, run Windows Update from the tart menu, and rest easy for a minute as it installs.

Once it’s downloaded and ready for action, power-up your Xbox 360. Then start your PC running Windows Media Player. Right, now click “Library” and “Media Sharing”. Next select “Share my media” and choose “OK”. Wait for your PC to detect the Xbox, then select it and click “Allow” and “OK”.

On your console, select the media menu, then choose Video, Music or Pictures. There you’ll see the same content from your PC. If it doesn’t show up, hit the “X” button on your controller, and select your PC. Now you’re good to go and start streaming movies.

Step 3: Extend your Media Centre

As well as streaming videos from a normal PC, if you’ve got a Media Centre PC you can use the Xbox 360 to extend the experience to the big screen.

That means live TV, recorded shows and all the usual extras. Just make sure both machines are on the same network using Step 1 above, and select Media Centre from the media menu of the Xbox 360.

Piece of piss. :thumbup:

Cheers :)

So I just buy them, then plug them in to my computer/back of my tv? This sounds far too easy.. :P

Yeh, pretty much. Your basically using your tv as a monitor. Might have ta mess around with the display settings on ya pc to get it to work, but should be fine.

Is the first one good then?..

You haven't gone through the first one?!?! :blink:

It's one of the must-play titles on 360. It's ranked at #1 on ign's top 25 games for the 360 since its launch 4 years ago. Here.

One of the greatest action RPGs of all time. Yet its different because it's mainly 3rd person FPS based, depending on how you go about it. Think Knights of the Old Republic and it's along those lines.

The second one has improved on the original by setting up more extensive side mission tasks and developing a slicker menu system for weapons, upgrades and the like. It's got to be up there for game of the year 2010.

It looks superb. Gets the :thumbup: from me.

Would definitely recommend it, so deep and involving.

I would say that bioware started working on a kotor III and then got told that it wouldn't happen, so decided to created their own entire universe and species basically.

The back story that is out and about on the internet for it is far beyond that of any other videogame universe out there.

Yes it is slightly flawed but it was 1 of the early games of the 'next gen' and was pretty ground breaking at the time.

Must buy for sure and the 2nd installment is looking so much better.

Would definitely recommend it, so deep and involving.

I would say that bioware started working on a kotor III and then got told that it wouldn't happen, so decided to created their own entire universe and species basically.

The back story that is out and about on the internet for it is far beyond that of any other videogame universe out there.

Yes it is slightly flawed but it was 1 of the early games of the 'next gen' and was pretty ground breaking at the time.

Must buy for sure and the 2nd installment is looking so much better.

is mass effect like KOTOR then? played a bit of one of those on my old xbox and it seemed really good. Might have to tru this mass effect out

is mass effect like KOTOR then? played a bit of one of those on my old xbox and it seemed really good. Might have to tru this mass effect out

Yes and no.

The structure of the games are very similar, you play a character (in this case Sheppard), you gather allies, you all possess unique abilities, you get quests, you complete these, you get side quests, you do these if you want, you choose responses in conversations which have an effect on the overall outcome of the game, you level up yourself and pick attributes to increase, you possess better armour/weapons as you progress... etc etc

The main difference is in the batte system, which is much quicker and easier to use than in KoToR. You can queue commands if you want just like in KoToR or just go in and play it like an FPS. There is a cover system, a little like Gears in that respect. Don't expect one hit kills though it doesn't play like that.

The story is superb, everything from the characters to the planets, the worlds, the universe. It's really well imagined and comes across as very plausible for a sci-fi setting. The musical score is also brilliant and really adds to the atmosphere of the game, as is the voice acting and cutscenes. An excellent package all round.

You can get it on PC as well as 360. That might be a cheaper alternative if you're looking for a new copy. Not sure.

Definately get it though. Awesome game. :thumbup:

So after using the towel trick a few days ago to fix my red ring of the death the bloody disc drive has now decided to pack up on me! Just makes a weird buzzing sound whenever I put a disc in.

I guess I have two reasons to buy a new xbox now, but until then, no MW2 for me :(

Ok, update on how I'm doing Xboxwise.

Finished Halo 3 ODST - Quite good, bizarre ending

About 10 - 20% through Borderlands and Brutal Legend.

Finding it hard to make headway in Farcry 2.

Enjoying destroying Zombies with TVs etc with no regard to the storyline in Dead Rising.

Yet to start Forza and had already finished Fallout 3 and Gears 2 prior to getting an Xbox for myself.

I don't know which game to play, too much choice!

Ok, update on how I'm doing Xboxwise.

Finished Halo 3 ODST - Quite good, bizarre ending

About 10 - 20% through Borderlands and Brutal Legend.

Finding it hard to make headway in Farcry 2.

Enjoying destroying Zombies with TVs etc with no regard to the storyline in Dead Rising.

Yet to start Forza and had already finished Fallout 3 and Gears 2 prior to getting an Xbox for myself.

I don't know which game to play, too much choice!

You can narrow down your choice in an instant.

Throw Far Cry 2 in the bin where it belongs.

You will continue to find it hard making headway with it, it's dire. It should have been great. It wasn't. End of. lol

Archived