Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Top 10 PS2 Games of All Time

When I had a PS2 I could play a lot of games, but now I only have three games for my PS3, and only play Fifa. Not as good anymore :/

How about buying second hand games from charity shops, Cash Generator or Amazon. I get all my PS2 games from Amazon, usually for 1p and all in perfect condition

What a game that was, I spent hours and hours on that. Used to think it was fascinating getting my players to dive all over the place. lol

lol I used to do that. And R2, I think it was, enabled the player to commit a two footed tackle and always be sent off!

How about buying second hand games from charity shops, Cash Generator or Amazon. I get all my PS2 games from Amazon, usually for 1p and all in perfect condition

Yeah, there is a new cash generator in town. Quite a few in stock when I last went in.

1: Final Fantasy 10 - Purely for the fact that the graphics were out of this world and the story was amazing too.

2: GTA Vice City - No explanation needed.

3: MGS 2: I loved the first one and couldn't wait for the second to come out.

4: Socom 1 & 2 US Navy Seals - This revolutionized the way PS2 online was, they were the first online capable games (for PS2) and were amazing.

5: Need for Speed Most Wanted - Probably my favorite arcade racing game ever.

6: Crazy Taxi - First PS2 game i owned and what other game lets the main protagonist pick people up in a taxi lol.

7: FIFA 2004 _ Only because Leicester were back in the premiership and I could play as them, along with online play too.

8: Timsplitters - Just a quality game.

9: Driver 3 - Wanted that game for so long and got the limited edition box with key ring :D

10: Burnout 3 - loved the way you could cause chaos in the mini games and the racing was pure fun.

1: Final Fantasy 10 - Purely for the fact that the graphics were out of this world and the story was amazing too.

2: GTA Vice City - No explanation needed.

3: MGS 2: I loved the first one and couldn't wait for the second to come out.

4: Socom 1 & 2 US Navy Seals - This revolutionized the way PS2 online was, they were the first online capable games (for PS2) and were amazing.

5: Need for Speed Most Wanted - Probably my favorite arcade racing game ever.

6: Crazy Taxi - First PS2 game i owned and what other game lets the main protagonist pick people up in a taxi lol.

7: FIFA 2004 _ Only because Leicester were back in the premiership and I could play as them, along with online play too.

8: Timsplitters - Just a quality game.

9: Driver 3 - Wanted that game for so long and got the limited edition box with key ring :D

10: Burnout 3 - loved the way you could cause chaos in the mini games and the racing was pure fun.

Grand Theft Auto

lol I used to do that. And R2, I think it was, enabled the player to commit a two footed tackle and always be sent off!

Yeah, there is a new cash generator in town. Quite a few in stock when I last went in.

The problem with charity shops is you run the risk of the discs being scratched up to hell. Cash Generator sometimes let you check the disc first. If you shop regularly on Amazon you'll build a list of suppliers that you can trust to send you perfect discs. I have 3 that I use for cds, dvds and games but 1 in particular

• 4 years later...
On 2008-9-9 at 22:56, Legend_in_blue said:

I thought I would compile my own top 10 PS2 games of all time. Feel free to discuss, add to, replace, agree, disagree, compile your own, or whatever.

The list is not in any sort of order, just a top 10 list. 10 is not necessarily the worst and 1 isn't necessarily the best. Well, with that sorted...

1 Resident Evil 4

2 God of War

3 Final Fantasy X

4 Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

5 Pro Evolution Soccer 6

6 Gran Turismo 4

7 GTA: San Andreas

8 Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

9 Okami

10 Ico

Well, what can I say. I was bored.

You look at that list and say: yes I want RE5, yes I want God of War 3, yes I want FFXIII and yes I want GT5. 2009 is going to be a great year for PS3!

Time splitters and star wars battlefront have got to be on there. Loved the MGS series. San Andreas a must. I would add vice city to that too. Also loved the PS2 Tomb Raider games.

On 9/9/2008 at 23:03, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

PS2 eh? Retro.

(in no order)

-GTA Vice City

-Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater

-Timesplitters 2

-Devil May Cry

-Resident Evil 4

-Killer 7

-Pro Evolution Soccer 3

-Red Dead Revolver

-Geeetar Hero

-Killzone

Not many posts I can look back on nearly 10 years later and say I stand by them. This, though - bang on

In no order,

GTA San Andreas

Timesplitters 2

Resident Evil 4

Final Fantasy X

Pro Evo 5

Silent Hill 2

Dragon Quest 8

Kingdom Hearts

Devil May Cry 3

Metal Gear Solid 3

Honourable mentions - Bully, Vice City, Tony Hawks, Burnout, Manhunt, God of War

Not so obvious choices:

Tekken Tag - Came with my PS2 Played this to death

SSX Tricky - Can't believe it's not been mentioned

Star Wars Jedi Fighter - Loved this game, really nailed the flight controls and the dog fights were great, throw in some Jedi tricks and it was excellent

Fifa 2002 -  great arcade footy action before it just became a poor Pro Evo clone with licenses

The obvious:

RE4

FF-X

GTA 3

GTA SA

GTA VC

Tony Hawks

23 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Not many posts I can look back on nearly 10 years later and say I stand by them. This, though - bang on

Timesplitters 2 and PES 3 are still works of art. 

The pure chaos of TS2 while I was too stoned to move in my youth was a beautiful thing. As was creating our own map that was pitch black, picking only monkey with no weapons and playing to the death lol once a **** head always a **** head lol.

Archived