Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Dreamcast

The 360 reminds me a lot of the Dreamcast. Sega had seen were gaming was heading but were well ahead of their time with that console and they were hampered by the 28kbps modem and releasing it before broadband internet was widespread. However there were some absolute classics released for it. Shenmue, Powerstone (the only true 3D beat em up ever released), Metropolis Street Racer, Crazy Taxi, Soul Caliber, Resi Evil Code Veronica. All classics.

• 1 year later...

Awesome console so underrated and could have blown Sony away if it was handled right

Who used to go on Dreamarena? i did and my phone bills suffered but online gaming was more or less lag free on 56k!! infact i don't think it was 56k either, think it was like 32k or something but still games ran smooth better than they do now!

Awesome console so underrated and could have blown Sony away if it was handled right

Who used to go on Dreamarena? i did and my phone bills suffered but online gaming was more or less lag free on 56k!! infact i don't think it was 56k either, think it was like 32k or something but still games ran smooth better than they do now!

Yea, my bro used to play Phantasy Star online using 56k modem and it was lag free, amazing. The programmers spent a good time trying to optimise it making sure packets don't get lost etc.

With the top point, I'm not sure, when the Dreamcast was being relised, people were just waiting for the PS2 (with its DVD player), unfortunately I think it was always destined for failure..

But as you say, it is underrated, it's good compact system some great games for it, my favourite console.

Agreed, still hoping that one day a millionaire will put number three into production.

We need to get in touch with our new owner, i mean Thailand ain't that far from Japan! he may have connections! He would be the greatest chairman ever if he listened to what the fans want! So for the Reading game i wanna see Shenmue 3 banners!

We need to get in touch with our new owner, i mean Thailand ain't that far from Japan! he may have connections! He would be the greatest chairman ever if he listened to what the fans want! So for the Reading game i wanna see Shenmue 3 banners!

Haha yeah, I'd sign the petition.

I've still got my Dreamcast in a cupboard with the N64/Ps1/Ps2/Xbox1?gamecube & Amiga ! Just the 360 out at the minute.

I loved the Dreamcast it was a better machine than the Ps2 just didn't have the hype/marketing of sony. some of the games still look ok & hold up well even now.

Archived