Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

Favourite Game Of All Time

Was so tempted to download Resident Evil 1, 2 & Nemesis and Silent Hill 1 & 2 from the PS Store. Might do it one day and just blast them one after another.

Great memories from them games. I remember absolutely shitting myself when I first played Resident Evil, and then I bought Resident Evil 2, playing it in my Nan's front room with all my cousins watching me. Good times.

I never played the 2nd discs of RE2 and never played 3 at all, the only ones I never played (I've even played RE 0.) So I might just see about downloading them.

I'm not much of a gamer but my 10 year old was bought by the brother in law( think unsuitable games and he gets them for him)

Far Cry 3 really enjoyed it,the lad wants The Last of us and heard good reports .is that suitable? Considering he has played FC3.

Gone are the days of the Buzz robot and monkey games on PS1, I liked those too.

I'm not much of a gamer but my 10 year old was bought by the brother in law( think unsuitable games and he gets them for him)

Far Cry 3 really enjoyed it,the lad wants The Last of us and heard good reports .is that suitable? Considering he has played FC3.

Gone are the days of the Buzz robot and monkey games on PS1, I liked those too.

Its a great game but quite dark. Obviously there are scary moments where your in the dark surrounded by ugly zombie things. Also later in the game there are sections where Ellie (the female lead character) is close to getting raped. 

Now i played games growing up that where for an older age group. Things like Far cry 3 are rated 18 mainly for guns and some swearing. but i reckon i would have to think twice about a 10 yr old playing Last of Us. If i played it when i was 10 i would of shit myself just at the creatures coming after you lol but the (near) rape scenes later might be a step too far for a 10 yr old.

Also there was one funny moment when my daughter (6 at the time) walked in when i was playing. it was during a clip where a nice bunny rabbit is hopping along the screen. My daughter standing there going AWWWW when an arrow comes out of nowhere and goes straight through his head. Her face was a picture. lol

the disturbing thing was she pissed herself laughing

Its a great game but quite dark. Obviously there are scary moments where your in the dark surrounded by ugly zombie things. Also later in the game there are sections where Ellie (the female lead character) is close to getting raped. 

Now i played games growing up that where for an older age group. Things like Far cry 3 are rated 18 mainly for guns and some swearing. but i reckon i would have to think twice about a 10 yr old playing Last of Us. If i played it when i was 10 i would of shit myself just at the creatures coming after you lol but the (near) rape scenes later might be a step too far for a 10 yr old.

Also there was one funny moment when my daughter (6 at the time) walked in when i was playing. it was during a clip where a nice bunny rabbit is hopping along the screen. My daughter standing there going AWWWW when an arrow comes out of nowhere and goes straight through his head. Her face was a picture. lol

the disturbing thing was she pissed herself laughing

Cheers for that,best I put that on hold.

• 3 weeks later...

I never played the 2nd discs of RE2 and never played 3 at all, the only ones I never played (I've even played RE 0.) So I might just see about downloading them.

You're missing out mate. Get them downloaded. The best Horror games series ever. My opinion is that 1, 2 and 3 are the best out of the series. Superb games.

You're missing out mate. Get them downloaded. The best Horror games series ever. My opinion is that 1, 2 and 3 are the best out of the series. Superb games.

All about RE4. Best by far.

Although nothing can create how shit scared i was with a game than RE1 when those stupid jumping hunter frog thingies come at you.

Oh and the bit where the dog jumps through the window.

All about RE4. Best by far.

Although nothing can create how shit scared i was with a game than RE1 when those stupid jumping hunter frog thingies come at you.

Oh and the bit where the dog jumps through the window.

Think I had 4 but never completed it. Might just buy every single RE game and just go through them one by one.

The bit where the dog jumps through the window, bastard I about shit myself after that. RE 2: Nemesis used to scare the shit out of me, especially when the Nemesis was chasing you and he could follow you through doors! lol

Think I had 4 but never completed it. Might just buy every single RE game and just go through them one by one.

The bit where the dog jumps through the window, bastard I about shit myself after that. RE 2: Nemesis used to scare the shit out of me, especially when the Nemesis was chasing you and he could follow you through doors! lol

RE4 is brilliant i think. Better than 5 and 6. They were more for the action sequences rather than the horror side of it.

The more i think about it though i think i prefer Silent Hill as the scariest game series. Silent Hill 2 scared the shit out of me  

RE4 is brilliant i think. Better than 5 and 6. They were more for the action sequences rather than the horror side of it.

The more i think about it though i think i prefer Silent Hill as the scariest game series. Silent Hill 2 scared the shit out of me

Yeah 5 and 6 we're more action then horror. The first 3 looked more into being a horror rather then action.

Thinking about it the Silent Hill series is a lot more scarier than the Resident Evil series. Silent Hill scared the hell out of me, the 2nd I enjoyed the most and is by far one of my favorite games of all time. Silent Hill 4: The Room was one of the weirdest games I've played.

They we're brilliant games! Wish they made more like them.

Yeah 5 and 6 we're more action then horror. The first 3 looked more into being a horror rather then action.

Thinking about it the Silent Hill series is a lot more scarier than the Resident Evil series. Silent Hill scared the hell out of me, the 2nd I enjoyed the most and is by far one of my favorite games of all time. Silent Hill 4: The Room was one of the weirdest games I've played.

They we're brilliant games! Wish they made more like them.

i never finished SH4 but do remember it being proper freaky. SH3 was really good aswel but SH2 was defo the best one.

Another game i was shit scared at was Fear. i played it on PC with the lights off and i was jumping all the time lol

Resident Evil 5 was unplayable after having just finished 4. 

Resident Evil 6 was just unplayable full stop.

i played both and thought they were alright but just gone too far away from the horror aspect of the series and tried making some sort of action packed game which is just not what RE is about. Hopefully if RE7 is ever made they take some aspects of RE4 but add in more scary sections this would be a great game

For me, Resi started to go sideways at Resi 5. Having a bloody sidekick for the entire game loses the 'all on your own' atmosphere, and it doesn't help that Chris Redfield is some kind of roided up boulder splitting he-man too. Far too much campy human villain nonsense as well, bring back the silent freakish monsters, mutant Wesker et al <<<<<<<<< Tyrants and Nemesis. Resi 6 was a sprawling mess of a game, still haven't finished it. Leon's story was alright, and at least had a bit of the old survival horror atmosphere, couldn't finish Chris's story as it bored me, and never started Jake's story.

Resident Evil Revelations (3DS/360 download etc) is supposed to be more of a return to a survival horror format, I really ought to get round to playing it at some point.

For me, Resi started to go sideways at Resi 5. Having a bloody sidekick for the entire game loses the 'all on your own' atmosphere, and it doesn't help that Chris Redfield is some kind of roided up boulder splitting he-man too. Far too much campy human villain nonsense as well, bring back the silent freakish monsters, mutant Wesker et al <<<<<<<<< Tyrants and Nemesis. Resi 6 was a sprawling mess of a game, still haven't finished it. Leon's story was alright, and at least had a bit of the old survival horror atmosphere, couldn't finish Chris's story as it bored me, and never started Jake's story.

Resident Evil Revelations (3DS/360 download etc) is supposed to be more of a return to a survival horror format, I really ought to get round to playing it at some point.

:appl:

Agree totally with this. Resi 6 was a bit of a mess but still an alright game.

I had revelations on the 3DS and it certainly tries to go back to its roots. Was good in that respect but was a bit too easy. Now im 28 though games that will genuinely scare me like Resi did when i was little will be hard to come by

Actually started Revelations yesterday, played the first chapter and really enjoyed it. Decent atmosphere, limited ammo and I quite like the idea of the scanner doodad, helps add some detail to the surroundings and stuff, and there's a nice risk/reward element of trying to get away with scanning an enemy while it's chasing you down. I'm sure this will all go horribly wrong if I keep doing it later in the game lol

Meanwhile, came across this interesting nugget - some people are remaking Resident Evil Survivor (of all things) as a fully fledged PS1 Resi title, similar in style to RE1-3. Looks like they're coding the thing from the ground up - very impressive stuff, might be worth keeping an eye on, especially for those with PSX emulators on Phones, tablets, PSPs, Vitas etc. Link below:

http://www.the-horror.com/forums/showthread.php?10508-Resident-Evil-Behind-the-Mask

Just purchased Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 off the PS Store. Got them as a bundle. Cost about £6 for the three. Absolute bargain.

Going to go through each one starting from 1, then work my way through to 2 and then 3.

God it does bring back some memories playing these games.

Archived