Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Fallout 3

This is a very impressive game. Ubisoft take note. To travel across large areas, build in a fast travel option. It makes it so much better.

I've done a fair few things in and around Megaton. As soon as you branch out though, the going is pretty tough. I've not managed to find a reliable source of weapons and ammo yet and am feeding off scraps - it's making it tricky. Done the main mission up to the point where you have to get the dish from the museum. That's tough. Tried a few side missions, the fire ants in that town - but have failed to find the source so far. Tried the local supermarket, but got taken out real fast by raiders. Traversed the terrain to deliver those letters, but got gunned down by more raiders.

It's tough.

As for the glitches in the game IGN, yet again you find fault with a PS3 version that does not appear to have any faults. I've had no freezes, no graphical glitches, the game runs sweet as anything. The controls as responsive as COD4, and not, thankfully, as bad as Far Cry 2.

Tough game though.

not even been to megaton yet, too much to do lol managed to complete the fire ant thing, its pretty hard

oh and if your going to play this game

SAVE YOUR AMMO

i wish i was told this, i have so many guns but no ammo, i even had to kill that granny at that wharf place to get a gun and some ammo! i had to bash her head in with a sledghammer. now i wanted to cross the river to the memorial but theres 5 of those big claw thingys.

going to head to megaton and try and find a home for that young lad.

but this game is soo good, it makes you feel like your actually there searching high and low for any supplies.

btw does anybody know where to get a leather belt? i want to build a weeapon and thats all i need??

WOW WOW WOW!!!

firstly i am rubbish at any type of RGP or FPS games really so bad that i leave well alone...but this game has got me hooked its so easy to pick up & play and get the hang of it,it sounds like some of you are way ahead of me in terms of main storyline but heres some bits ive picked up that may help you.

1.Go to the minetown and get DOGMEAT as your follower,you must kill the raiders and save him(the dog) and he'll help you out by finding food,stempacks & water,he does die so take care of him

2.ive found the supermarket verygood for building up ammo althou you must have enough to take out the first set of raiders

3.use your fast travel option to earn caps ie:get all the bits you can and trade them in at once after that focus on the mission in hand dont pick up any bits no matter how valueble the only things you need to pick up are....food,health,armour & wepons but even the rubbish 1's like your BB & 10mm guns are not worth holding on to.i personally just ditch my stuff but you can put it in things like fridges,boxes,cabinets ect for you to pick up if needs be later

4.each game is so varied and diffrent theres no set story thats exctly the same. diffent missons at diffrent times ect and theres alot of gameplayin hours needed to complete this game

5.when using VATS take things out like target sensors,Antinas,wepons combustion(sumot like that) ect this will make them easier to defeat oh and obviously keep to the dark and TURN YOUR LIGHT OFF as more often that not your pip boy light gives you away & dont always be hidden when shooting as it it uses up more ammo and rarely get a shot on target.Also with VATS ive found shooting left arm x1 right arm x 1 then turso x 1 & head x1 is alot more effective than just head x 4

there is a few ways to earn free exp points but im not going to spoil it if you must CHEAT(which i dont recommend) then there plenty of sites on the net which can help.

now i need your help!!im stuck on finding the GNR place its doing my box in lol anyone done it and can help??

feel free to ask my help if stuck at any point i think im going to be here for a while yet.......Goodbye Tiger Woods...He's Waving

This game is amazing.

Unfortunately when I'd very nearly completed a mission last night, I accidentally stole something from a house and ended up having to kill all the residents of the village. Oops.

Good tip is if you do the mission for the folks at Big Town and save Red from the Germantown Police HQ, she will heal you completely for free at any time if you head over to Big Town.

done quite a few missions now, loving the fat man gun! the super mutants dont scare me anymore, first time i encountered them they just tore me apart but seeing as i do a lot of exploring before missions ive got soooooooooo many guns and tooooooo much ammo lol loving the game though, just found the family, finally lol and been to three dog, i wont ruin it but just before you see three dog you get a bit scared lolol

11/10 brilliant game.

did anybody else care when dogmeat died, he was anoying me, if you go to megaton for example and you slightly annoy somebody but not enough for them to attack you then the pi**ing dog just starts attacking them. glad he dead.

oh and btw what the hell are those guia yao things. they are massive werewolves and kill you with one hit!

I'm constantly running out of ammo.

I'm an idiot aren't I?

I can hardly go to Megaton now without everyone trying to kill me.

just leave then go back in, thats what i do if they try to kill me! just fast travel to 101 then back again.

the reason ive got ammo is becaus ei think im doing missions before im supposed to lol like i keep finding these underground places, sewers buildings. dont worry you'll have too much soon. oh and btw try and collect as many packs or cartons of cigarettes you can, oyu can sell for many caps!

oh and beware if you find the family, theyve rigged the place with bear traps, trip wires and the like!

just leave then go back in, thats what i do if they try to kill me! just fast travel to 101 then back again.

the reason ive got ammo is becaus ei think im doing missions before im supposed to lol like i keep finding these underground places, sewers buildings. dont worry you'll have too much soon. oh and btw try and collect as many packs or cartons of cigarettes you can, oyu can sell for many caps!

oh and beware if you find the family, theyve rigged the place with bear traps, trip wires and the like!

I thought I found the 'family' in an underground metro station where I was tipped off to look for them.

I don't think it was them though. I killed everyone who was there?

I can't do that mission now anyway, because it's the one where I accidentally stole something from a house by pressing the wrong button and ended up having to kill every villager.

I think i want this,this or dead space.I've just completed Bioshock,I need one of these games to take its place.

you wont be dissapointed at all if your unsure just read the reviews over the net ive not ocme across a bad one yet all 9/10 or 10/10 which carnt be said for alot of games...except tiger woods "il be back soon Tiger right after ive shot this mutant brrrap brrrrap shoot him in his head"

I thought I found the 'family' in an underground metro station where I was tipped off to look for them.

I don't think it was them though. I killed everyone who was there?

I can't do that mission now anyway, because it's the one where I accidentally stole something from a house by pressing the wrong button and ended up having to kill every villager.

look, you dont always have to kill the rest of them, sometime you can leave by fast travelling then go back and they should be fine again. ive done it nuff' times. i think on the family mission you forget to rescue lucys brother, i did that lol killed them all got back to megaton and realised i forgot him. just give him lucys letter and let him read it and he wont mind that you killed the family. you find out why they live underground and why there were bite marks on his parents. i totally didnt expect it but it makes sense if you think what that guy at arefu said

' they only travel at night'........................................... :thumbup:

Definitley a good game but reminds me a little of some sort of Oblivion patch.

Just cleared that super duper market, it was a stressful experience, I thought that robot was gonna be my mate but he shot fook out of me from behind.

My character is an expert with small guns. I've maxed that to 99. Came in handy in the supermarket. Some raider ended up running away from me after one shot so I chased after them and let go with one headshot. Decapitated in an instant, what was left of the raider was left leaning over and inside a bashed up freezer compartment. I shouldn't have laughed - but did.

My character is an expert with small guns. I've maxed that to 99. Came in handy in the supermarket. Some raider ended up running away from me after one shot so I chased after them and let go with one headshot. Decapitated in an instant, what was left of the raider was left leaning over and inside a bashed up freezer compartment. I shouldn't have laughed - but did.

what are you karma wise? im neutral at the mintue, was a saint but stole too many things lol lol

what are you karma wise? im neutral at the mintue, was a saint but stole too many things lol lol

Not great. I took out the ghoul blokes in the metro station that leads to the subway and 'The Family' and their hideout.

Worth doing because his right hand man has some seriously good armour which you can take off him when he's dead.

I'm finding raiders easy to take out, but other enemies like the mutants are more difficult with a 10mm pistol even at a level 99 on small guns.

Not great. I took out the ghoul blokes in the metro station that leads to the subway and 'The Family' and their hideout.

Worth doing because his right hand man has some seriously good armour which you can take off him when he's dead.

I'm finding raiders easy to take out, but other enemies like the mutants are more difficult with a 10mm pistol even at a level 99 on small guns.

tis why i love the minigun! rips through anything. i also killed the family and am now considering killing the ghouls looooooooool

WHERE OH WHERE ARE THEY!! ive been right through disarmed all the mines and it just brings me out at the other end!with the hunters.please tell me ive missed somthing.....oh and i went to give the letter back to lucy west and she had died and nobody says anything regarding it

Oh how weird is betty in vault 112?!?!?!? ive done it tonight before i went to work uncoverd a few places before i started all missions so its easier to fast travel from one side to the next without trekkin all the time.

Still not found dogmeat yet still busy on other missions but so i can hunt him down what else is near the junk yard i know minefields around there apprently,i dont wanna search the net to get cheats or walk throughs just little help from my friends......Tiger Woods has got the arse not played him in 2 weeks Fallout 3 solid.....and the wifes got the arse just as much lol

just done the mission for 3 dog with the satellite, quite easy really, if you have the ammo lol the glitches on this are annoying me now, just got charon as my right hnd man and he went to talk to his old boss (presumably to shoot him??) and they just stood there loool plus jericho wants to join now but wants 100 caps! oh and just :whistle: found :whistle: the schematics for the rocket launcher + nuke grenade.

anybody else playing this got to evergreen mills yet?? if not go there, south east(i think) of megaton , i wont ruin it for you but stand at the top of it and look down with a sniper and you will notice a certain generator near a certain gate which when shot could in theory help you wipe out the drones of raiders at the bottom! :whistle::whistle::whistle:lol

plus just ranodmly stumbled on 2 yes 2 mutant bohemoth things fighting, its fair to say i hid behind a rock. lol

just done the mission for 3 dog with the satellite, quite easy really, if you have the ammo lolthe glitches on this are annoying me now, just got charon as my right hnd man and he went to talk to his old boss (presumably to shoot him??) and they just stood there loool plus jericho wants to join now but wants 100 caps! oh and just :whistle: found :whistle: the schematics for the rocket launcher + nuke grenade.

anybody else playing this got to evergreen mills yet?? if not go there, south east(i think) of megaton , i wont ruin it for you but stand at the top of it and look down with a sniper and you will notice a certain generator near a certain gate which when shot could in theory help you wipe out the drones of raiders at the bottom! :whistle::whistle::whistle:lol

plus just ranodmly stumbled on 2 yes 2 mutant bohemoth things fighting, its fair to say i hid behind a rock. lol

I've been playing this for a fair old while now, and I still haven't come across any glitches. I've had one game freeze, but that's it. Compared to Oblivion, I'd say it's pretty much perfect in terms of there being no glitches.

I'm level 12 now and have maxed out big and small guns to 100. I also have the power armour and am now concentrating on maxing out medicine and explosives.

If I headshot mutants and raiders in one they seem to obliterate now into tiny pieces - took out quite a good perk there. Also get the perk whereby you get more ammo when you search ammo crates and boxes and suchlike.

I'm currently trying to get to vault 87 to get the GECK but have been sidetracked to Paradise Falls because I can't get to it yet and then I'm yet further sidetracked at Paradise Falls cause I can't get in there either. Game is massive. Done a fair few side missions too now - completed the survival guide, did the ant lions etc etc. The android mission is interesting - still on that one.

It's a pretty much perfect game - Ubisoft take note - this is how you make a game 'interesting' and not 'repetitive'.

Archived