Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Fallout 3

Oh and by the way, if you don't do this quest quick enough (relax, you have a few days) Arefu will turn hostile I believe. It's piss easy, just talk to people - no killing involved.

I can confirm that this isn't true. I just completed this quest having reached level 8 and what must be a good few weeks gametime into the game.

I HAVE on the other hand encountered a (seeming) bug at Twopenny Towers where Twopenny is nowhere to be found and the Security Chief talks about him being alive and my needing to visit him and yet, on following another thread of enquiry (without having even broken away from the conversation) he says that he has assumed command with Twopenny's death. So I went back to the other thread and he said I needed to visit Twopenny. D'oh! This means I can only complete the quest in an the evil way and wipe out one of the factions (though it seems to me they are both as bad as each other on the whole!)

I completed it the so-called evil way.

What I did:

Wait until I got the You've Got To Shoot Them In The Head quest. Killed Tenpenny. Waited until I got the Lawbringer perk, cleaned out the guards for fingers and then let the ghouls in.

• 2 weeks later...

Having now completed the game I have to say I was very disappointed. Depthwise it's inferior to Oblivion. Joining just ONE of the many guilds in Oblivion will give you more missions than the ENTIRE FO3 world. Also the ability to create your own weapons and armour (I think there are 6 or 7 weapons you can create and no armour) is tiny compared to Oblivion (and to top that, Morrowind, Oblivion's prequel, had EVEN more adaptability in armour/weaponry creation... Boots of Flying anyone?)

I also think it's no great improvement over Oblivion graphically (so why the leap in graphics card... dare I suggest programmers are just lazy? :whistle: ), in fact, I would say that, because of it's setting, Oblivion has more colour in it and therefore looks better. You also get weather effects in Oblivion... just think how atmospheric a bit of rain would have made some outdoor battles in FO3!

Lastly, it probably didn't help that I had just come off the back of playing FO1 and 2. Yes, they're 2D games with turn-based combat (though if VATS isn't turn-based combat, I don't know what is!), but there's so much more to do and your actions seem to effect the people you meet much more. Indeed, the end sequences of both 1 and 2 reflect what happens to different places depending on what you did when you visited them (and IF you visited them!)

Game of the Year? If is was, then it was a poor year. A good game without being a great one.

I'ld just started this game and my first impressions are that its not your average video game as you start as a baby!! Its hard too. I'm not sure if I like it to be honest, the BB gun on the dogs and large worm things is useless and I dont have the foggiest clue where I am meant to go. Ah well, I'll give it a longer go.

I'ld just started this game and my first impressions are that its not your average video game as you start as a baby!! Its hard too. I'm not sure if I like it to be honest, the BB gun on the dogs and large worm things is useless and I dont have the foggiest clue where I am meant to go. Ah well, I'll give it a longer go.

What is it with people nowadays? If its not your simple blast all your enemies away, people dont like it.

Keep going with it. How you cant like Fallout 3, I just cannot comprehend.

What is it with people nowadays? If its not your simple blast all your enemies away, people dont like it.

Keep going with it. How you cant like Fallout 3, I just cannot comprehend.

I am carrying on with it :thumbup:

Now I'm stuck in a save position with 1 bar of life left, with people shooting at me lol. Help.

I am carrying on with it :thumbup:

Now I'm stuck in a save position with 1 bar of life left, with people shooting at me lol. Help.

Ah... the wisdom of having more than one saved game slot. :whistle:

Can you not use an autosave position from a little while back (usually autosaves are in safe locations.)

You're not meant to use the BB gun for anything other than the tutorial! :giggle: Didn't Amata give you her father's pistol?

And WHAT worms?! Are you sure you're playing Fallout 3? :unsure:

You're not meant to use the BB gun for anything other than the tutorial! :giggle: Didn't Amata give you her father's pistol?

And WHAT worms?! Are you sure you're playing Fallout 3? :unsure:

I have a laser pistol now, from when that blonde woman saved me from the mutants. The worms, look like oversized woodlice which you find in the wilderness :giggle:

Having now completed the game I have to say I was very disappointed. Depthwise it's inferior to Oblivion. What isn't? Joining just ONE of the many guilds in Oblivion will give you more missions than the ENTIRE FO3 world. Also the ability to create your own weapons and armour (I think there are 6 or 7 weapons you can create and no armour) is tiny compared to Oblivion (and to top that, Morrowind, Oblivion's prequel, had EVEN more adaptability in armour/weaponry creation... Boots of Flying anyone?)

I also think it's no great improvement over Oblivion graphically Totally disagree with this - I'm on the 360 version though, i dont know what the PC versions like (so why the leap in graphics card... dare I suggest programmers are just lazy? :whistle: ), in fact, I would say that, because of it's setting, Oblivion has more colour in it and therefore looks better. Looks better because of its setting? Its on a bit of a hiding to nothing then from this perspective You also get weather effects in Oblivion... just think how atmospheric a bit of rain would have made some outdoor battles in FO3!

Lastly, it probably didn't help that I had just come off the back of playing FO1 and 2. Yes, they're 2D games with turn-based combat (though if VATS isn't turn-based combat, I don't know what is!), but there's so much more to do and your actions seem to effect the people you meet much more. Indeed, the end sequences of both 1 and 2 reflect what happens to different places depending on what you did when you visited them (and IF you visited them!) Again, it looks like you've just played the story missions, and not the many side missions. And there are 3 different endings depending on what you did.

Game of the Year? If is was, then it was a poor year. A good game without being a great one. Games are all about opinions - I think Oblivions cack, and Fallout 3 is great. It was certainly my GOTY.

Stick with it Lavrentis - it'll be worth it. Just make sure you save it before the last mission.

Im in the Museum now with 1 bar of life, having to kill Super Mutants to get 1 can of Pork N Beans. I literally have been doing the same thing for about 1 hour. So frustrating.

I found that part a little annoying. But you can leave the place and get some health and shizzle.

I'm kind of getting a little bored of this now. I have mainly being doing the side quests to boost my XP but I didn't realise that once you get too level 20 that's it! I would have spread out my points a lot differently if I had realised that. Plus once you get to level 20 a lot of the motivation goes away, for me anyway. Still a great game though.

Rev, I've played ALL the missions... there's less in total than in some of the guilds alone in Oblivion... and in both FO 1 and 2 there were probably about 15+ different endings. Thems the facts, is all.

Rev, I've played ALL the missions... there's less in total than in some of the guilds alone in Oblivion... and in both FO 1 and 2 there were probably about 15+ different endings. Thems the facts, is all.

Yeh theres probably about 30 missions in total.... I've done them all and i've clocked 70 plus hours - a mission such as the Nuka Cola challenge takes ages without cheating. How many hours have you put into it Trav? Also, a lot of the missions are difficult to even find without cheating.

Yeh theres probably about 30 missions in total.... I've done them all and i've clocked 70 plus hours - a mission such as the Nuka Cola challenge takes ages without cheating. How many hours have you put into it Trav? Also, a lot of the missions are difficult to even find without cheating.

I said I played all the mission, I didn't complete them. I had to use a cheat for the Union of the Snake one, since it was bugged (apparently common). I gave up on ones like the Nuka-cola as they were annoying - even with the delivery manifest - and the reward for doing it was rather naff. And yes, I consulted a forum a couple of time to locate missions, cos I didn't enjoy the random wandering. The landscape was too barren and by the end I could practically sneak past anything (Mutant conversations were interesting though :D ) In Oblivion there were bits and bobs of flora and fauna to pick up to create potions and enhance items. Often in Oblivion I would NOT use fast travel - I just enjoyed exploring.

I guess it's just a matter of preference.

I said I played all the mission, I didn't complete them. I had to use a cheat for the Union of the Snake one, since it was bugged (apparently common). I gave up on ones like the Nuka-cola as they were annoying - even with the delivery manifest - and the reward for doing it was rather naff. And yes, I consulted a forum a couple of time to locate missions, cos I didn't enjoy the random wandering. The landscape was too barren and by the end I could practically sneak past anything (Mutant conversations were interesting though :D ) In Oblivion there were bits and bobs of flora and fauna to pick up to create potions and enhance items. Often in Oblivion I would NOT use fast travel - I just enjoyed exploring.

I guess it's just a matter of preference.

Exactly! So you've not completed every mission, and didnt locate them all yourself! No wonder you went through it quickly. You cant claim its too short when you've not done it all!

And I love the barren wasteland, I think the world is excellent, its so detailed. Ok, maybe its not as big as Oblivion, but Jesus, what is? I know someone whios been on that game for aaages and still hasnt completed done it. I'd be bored by now. I think the length of it ios spot on - plus thew DLC which extends its lie somewhat - plus theres another 2 DLC's coming - you can see where im going. For the average person, 60 hours play (without the DLC) is months and months of gaming. Its not too short that you do it too quick (when you do all the missions), and not too long that you get bored.

Archived