Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Fallout 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I like so far.

My computers struggled to run it smoothly since I got out the Vault, hopefully it'll be alright next time I load it up else I could be swapping it for the 360 version.

lol

That's a pretty resource hungry game to run on PC.

What are the specs?

Its decent enough, Its always ran Football Manager fine so I just assumed it was half decent for games ha.

I aint gotta clue about its specs though lol

It mustn't be that bad if its playable. If you know have a graphics card and that though rather than onboard graphics, you could turn on Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering in the control panel. Will make your game look better but depending on you card, it will probably take a frame rate hit. If I'm talking shit just ignore me and play the game lol

It mustn't be that bad if its playable. If you know have a graphics card and that though rather than onboard graphics, you could turn on Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering in the control panel. Will make your game look better but depending on you card, it will probably take a frame rate hit. If I'm talking shit just ignore me and play the game lol

Im tempted to do whatever you said to do, it ran alright when I was in the vault but now Im out of the vault it looks a bit rubbish, if I cant sort it out I'll just have to swap it for the 360 version this weekend, Im already gettin annoyed with using a keyboard as a controller.... but the game seems class so far.

Im tempted to do whatever you said to do, it ran alright when I was in the vault but now Im out of the vault it looks a bit rubbish, if I cant sort it out I'll just have to swap it for the 360 version this weekend, Im already gettin annoyed with using a keyboard as a controller.... but the game seems class so far.

Yeah outside the vault there's a bigger environment to load rather than when your inside it just loading the rooms. To play Fallout 3 with a decent framerate in my experience, you need at least a Core 2 Duo, 2GB+ Fast ram, and a graphics card similar or better than a Nvidia geforce 9800. I imagine if you don't know the specs of your computer, you probably don't have a high end machine. If you know, what sort of framerate are you getting outside? Are the edges jaggy and the textures blurry?

Yeah outside the vault there's a bigger environment to load rather than when your inside it just loading the rooms. To play Fallout 3 with a decent framerate in my experience, you need at least a Core 2 Duo, 2GB+ Fast ram, and a graphics card similar or better than a Nvidia geforce 9800. I imagine if you don't know the specs of your computer, you probably don't have a high end machine. If you know, what sort of framerate are you getting outside? Are the edges jaggy and the textures blurry?

Yeah they are a bit yeah.

Yeah they are a bit yeah.

Aye, if you want the game looking good and running good I'll probably swap it for the Xbox360 version. That Anti Aliasing I was on about can soften the edges so they aren't jaggy. If you really want to find out what graphics card you have Press the Windows Key + R then type dxdiag. If a popup comes up just press yes, after that click the Display tab then its obviously under Name. If its something like "Intel 945G", you cant really make the game look better. Normally if its somet like Intel, you dont have a graphics card.

Aye, if you want the game looking good and running good I'll probably swap it for the Xbox360 version. That Anti Aliasing I was on about can soften the edges so they aren't jaggy. If you really want to find out what graphics card you have Press the Windows Key + R then type dxdiag. If a popup comes up just press yes, after that click the Display tab then its obviously under Name. If its something like "Intel 945G", you cant really make the game look better. Normally if its somet like Intel, you dont have a graphics card.

ATI Radeon X 1200 series

Means nothing to me that :unsure:

• 3 months later...

Right, am I missing something with this game? Ive been playing for about an hour or so and all I seem to have done is been born, had a crap birthday party, taken a test and then walked around a deserted area. Does it actually get interesting at any point?

Right, am I missing something with this game? Ive been playing for about an hour or so and all I seem to have done is been born, had a crap birthday party, taken a test and then walked around a deserted area. Does it actually get interesting at any point?

If you're out of the Vault then your first port of call is Megaton which is pretty much directly opposite where you come out. Got missions in there and it pushes the story on a bit. Consult your wrist band thing for missions and map, iirc.

Archived