Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Dead Space

EA. Known worldwide for their originality when it comes to their games lineup. Take the last few years for example...

Fifa02, Tiger Woods02, Fifa03, Tiger Woods03, Fifa04, Tiger Woods04, Fifa05, Tiger... you get the idea.

Well, that's about to change. It's called Dead Space. It looks a little bit good. Survival horror with a twist. Take the best elements of Resi Evil4, Doom3 and Portal (how do I get from here to there - albeit in a zero gravity environment) and you've pretty much got the idea.

dead-space-20080610064301131_640w.jpg

The game is currently slated for release on Oct 24. However, there is a little controversy following the title as it has been banned in China, Germany and Japan. This has probably got something to do with the fact that you can strategically dismember all aliens encountered. Just plain shooting don't work.

The first review I've seen was on the TV this weekend and Playr gave it a rather good 9/10. Although they gave the same to Star Wars: Force Unleashed. But promising nonetheless.

I'll keep a look out for further reviews but I think I'll add this to my list. :thumbup:

EA. Known worldwide for their originality when it comes to their games lineup. Take the last few years for example...

Fifa02, Tiger Woods02, Fifa03, Tiger Woods03, Fifa04, Tiger Woods04, Fifa05, Tiger... you get the idea.

Well, that's about to change. It's called Dead Space. It looks a little bit good. Survival horror with a twist. Take the best elements of Resi Evil4, Doom3 and Portal (how do I get from here to there - albeit in a zero gravity environment) and you've pretty much got the idea.

The game is currently slated for release on Oct 24. However, there is a little controversy following the title as it has been banned in China, Germany and Japan. This has probably got something to do with the fact that you can strategically dismember all aliens encountered. Just plain shooting don't work.

The first review I've seen was on the TV this weekend and Playr gave it a rather good 9/10. Although they gave the same to Star Wars: Force Unleashed. But promising nonetheless.

I'll keep a look out for further reviews but I think I'll add this to my list. :thumbup:

So are you getting Pro or Fifa then?

:P

Dead Space Trailer

This looks awesome. It's been mentioned before, and is out on the 24th.

I might well get this.

Somebodys been in the 360 thread.....

As MTWG said, been mentioned several times, theres a video in my link for anyone thats not seen anything of it. It looks really interesting..

I've read two more reviews since I originally posted this thread.

This has now become a definate day 1 purchase for me.

PSW Magazine said this about it: "This is bold, bleak gaming from the haunting opening credits to the pulse pounding finish...Stunningly detailed, expertly paced and lavishly slaved over by Glen Schofield and his crew at EA Redwood, Dead Space should be classed as one of the finest looking and intelligently crafted games in many a moon...The new benchmark to beat in survival horror that pushes the genre to twisted new heights and into the outer limits of space itself."

The review also makes contrasts with Resi Evil 4 and states that it beats it on all levels. Resi Evil 4 was/is one of the best of all time. So, high praise indeed.

"The world's scariest game" - 2 weeks to go... :thumbup:

It's a little harsh to call it a gore fest.

It's also a little harsh of IGN to give this game an 8.7 considering the 'flaws' they've found with it.

These 'flaws' include not being able to change the difficulty setting on a second play through with all items and upgradeables collected first time through. You can only go up a difficulty setting by starting a completely new game. Shock horror. Why would you want to go through the game again on the same skill setting with a better character than the one you started with?

Another 'flaw' involves being able to stomp on something you can't actually stomp on. Like a crate of boxes on a shelf. Wow. That's really ruined it for me.

The last 'flaw' involves the camera angle being stuck in a certain view during the zero gravity sections. Doesn't help when an alien creeps up behind you and you're totally unawares of it. Well, maybe you should scout ahead first before being totally surprised by it?

Seriously, these game reviewers need to get out more. They are far too critical.

It's a little harsh to call it a gore fest.

Erm :unsure:

I believe I said...

The trailer for this just made me think of all the games and films that concentrate on being a gore-fest.

Which it did.

I didn't say "it was" a gore-fest, it (the online clip) reminded me enough of them that it put me off.

I hardly see how that is being harsh. :dunno:

I'll just through this in here, Didn't know where else to put it.

When i went down to fetch Fifa from Blockbusters the chap gave me a list of all the games that came out upto December...

I could easily spend a fortune on most of these. lol

Fallout 3

Lego Batman - for Daggers :ph34r:

Fracture

PES 09

Saints Row 2

Dead Space

Fable 2 - not for me though. lol

Far Cry 2

Gears of War 2

Resistance 2

Tom Clancy's End War

COD World At War

Mirror's Edge

Tomb Raider Underworld

Need For Speed 2009

Price Of Persia

Motorstorm: Pacific Ridge

The trailer for this just made me think of all the games and films that concentrate on being a gore-fest.

I never thought I'd reach an age where it turned me off.

Batman is much more my cup of tea now :D

lego_batman_omg.jpg

Spoken like a true Nintendo gamer :P

But I do think Dead Sapce looks like RE4 in Space... no bad thing! :thumbup:

Spoken like a true Nintendo gamer :P

I think you may be right.

I've started wearing pink a lot more and my dearest colleague reckons her husband isn't jealous of me because of my tenancies.

Teeno wouldn't approve.

Archived