Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Dead Space

Well. That was quite something. I've just managed to put it down.

Simply put, that is one of the best games ever made. No exaggeration. You must buy this game.

Everything about it is just amazing. Incredible. It is difficult to find any fault so far with this game. I'm about 2 hours in.

It takes the best bits from so many great games and it works. It works fantastically well.

I'm off for a cup of tea. :thumbup:

I actually bought this today, ive been away for a week again, and ive not had time to have a proper go yet. With the game tomorrow, tomorrow evening is probably the first chance i ll get.

OK, i couldnt wait, i've just had a go on it for half an hour, looks really good, the graphics look stunning. Seriously.

Whats it comparable to?

It's difficult to compare it with anything in particular. It's a good mix of many games.

You get the over the shoulder view from Resi Evil 4 which works well. You get the inventory screen similar to those in Resi Evil where you have to balance ammo with health and the such like. You can store items at the 'store' though.

You have the ability to move objects similar to that in Bioshock, although it's more a case of using it to further get you into the level rather than using it against enemies. What is also similar to bioshock is the ability to upgrade any of your weapons in any way you like. Although the power nodes are few and far between to do this. So use them sparingly.

The environment is very much like Doom 3, although the lighting sets it apart from that. For the better. Enter a section which is fairly well lit, quarantine sets in, and all hell breaks loose. Particularly with the lighting. It's then like a scene out of aliens, aliens come out of everywhere. You can only see for a split second where they are coming from and often you fire blind.

The zero grav sections are like something out of that weird game 'Prey' although you can jump from a floor to a wall to another wall and so on. The aliens fly through the vacuum to you also. It's pretty cool simply because you'll never have seen anything like that in a game before. When you kill 'em they spin through the vacuum - it reminded me of the opening scene to that Star Trek film onboard that Klingon ship? I think.

What is absolutely amazing about this game though, no word of a lie, is the music, sound effects and so on. There's nothing out there that is as good as this. The sound effects and music is amazing. It really adds to the atmosphere of the game. It's brilliant. I guarantee it will have you on the edge of your seat all the time. You are on your guard the whole time. There are no let ups, no room to relax, it is full on survival at its best.

And stomping on dead aliens, pure genius.

Oh, and then there's the weapons. Met 'the ripper' last night. Superb stuff. Won't spoil it.

Anyway, that's my review over. I'd give it 10/10. I can't wait to go back to it. But with the lights out. It's so good, I don't want it to end.

It's difficult to compare it with anything in particular. It's a good mix of many games.

You get the over the shoulder view from Resi Evil 4 which works well. You get the inventory screen similar to those in Resi Evil where you have to balance ammo with health and the such like. You can store items at the 'store' though.

You have the ability to move objects similar to that in Bioshock, although it's more a case of using it to further get you into the level rather than using it against enemies. What is also similar to bioshock is the ability to upgrade any of your weapons in any way you like. Although the power nodes are few and far between to do this. So use them sparingly.

The environment is very much like Doom 3, although the lighting sets it apart from that. For the better. Enter a section which is fairly well lit, quarantine sets in, and all hell breaks loose. Particularly with the lighting. It's then like a scene out of aliens, aliens come out of everywhere. You can only see for a split second where they are coming from and often you fire blind.

The zero grav sections are like something out of that weird game 'Prey' although you can jump from a floor to a wall to another wall and so on. The aliens fly through the vacuum to you also. It's pretty cool simply because you'll never have seen anything like that in a game before. When you kill 'em they spin through the vacuum - it reminded me of the opening scene to that Star Trek film onboard that Klingon ship? I think.

What is absolutely amazing about this game though, no word of a lie, is the music, sound effects and so on. There's nothing out there that is as good as this. The sound effects and music is amazing. It really adds to the atmosphere of the game. It's brilliant. I guarantee it will have you on the edge of your seat all the time. You are on your guard the whole time. There are no let ups, no room to relax, it is full on survival at its best.

And stomping on dead aliens, pure genius.

Oh, and then there's the weapons. Met 'the ripper' last night. Superb stuff. Won't spoil it.

Anyway, that's my review over. I'd give it 10/10. I can't wait to go back to it. But with the lights out. It's so good, I don't want it to end.

Ahh, good ol' Rippy *reminisces back to Redneck Rampage days*

I want this but I can't afford it as well as LBP, COD: WAW, Far Cry 2/Fallout 3, Resistance 2, Prince of Persia and Football Manager. <_<

Sucks don't it? always around this time of the year all the good games come out and you just ain't got the money for them all!

As for Dead Space i really want this game, i think i'm gonna get it soon! i love my survival horror games! is it shit ya pants a minute kinda stuff?

I've done the first two chapters on this now, and it is really, really good. I have to say the graphics are brilliant. The story is pretty interesting so far. It is pretty scary at times aswel. As Legend in Blue has said, the music /atmosphere is incredible. Only people who have played Bioshock will have experienced an atmosphere in a game like this before. You just stop and listen - constantly looking over your shoulder due to noises and the like. It's incredible.

I've done the first two chapters on this now, and it is really, really good. I have to say the graphics are brilliant. The story is pretty interesting so far. It is pretty scary at times aswel. As Legend in Blue has said, the music /atmosphere is incredible. Only people who have played Bioshock will have experienced an atmosphere in a game like this before. You just stop and listen - constantly looking over your shoulder due to noises and the like. It's incredible.

Bioshock. Now that was a game.

In that case, I definately need cash. Should have a bit by the end of this week.

I've seen this for £35 as well, bloody bargain.

I picked it up on Friday after work for £39.99 for Woolies, probably could of got it cheaper, but i couldnt be arsed to look around. lol

But seriously, it will blow you away big time. The Zero Gravity bits have had me amazed. I have never, Ever seen anything like it in a game before.

Amazing.

i'm almost convinced. But I can only buy one PS3 game at the moment (or rather, the mrs will only sanction the purchase of one game) so should I get this, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 or Saints Row 2?

Get Dead Space.

Far Cry 2 is very good, although it's frustrating at the same time.

Dead Space will have you wanting more after 2 minutes, Far Cry 2 will have you wanting more after 2 hours of gameplay - it's slow in comparison.

Fallout 3 well may be similar to Far Cry in that respect. Roughly 100 hours gameplay has been touted. We will have to wait and see.

Archived