Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Album Of The Year.

Hooray. It's well done revivalism so I don't know if you'll dislike it on principle or not. :P

lol

I was sitting here wondering if I could like it as it was playing, I was listing all of the bands in my head that bits reminded me of.

This is screaming 80's - but it is the early Human League in it that has won me over. There's just too much here to like that the bad bits become lovable kitsch.

There's New Order in there, as well as a dose of Heaven 17...but you know the thing I grab most from this? Blazing happiness. This is an album to listen to on good days, memorable times.

I'm loving it.

Portishead, that's interesting.

I had a song they did years and years ago called Strange Love Addiction, it was more like dancey pop music.

Just found out I have a couple of tracks off this album. Giving them a listen now. The voice is familiar from that song years ago.

Yeh they haven't released an album for 6 years but their new one is very good but not as good as their second Divine Operating System.

I like the Cut Copy album it's a very good album as a matter of fact I am now going to listen to it on my lunch break

Jay uf you like cut copy try the presets they share the same record label but are alot better and sell plenty more albums

The presets

Seeing cut copy and the presets in january

Jay uf you like cut copy try the presets they share the same record label but are alot better and sell plenty more albums

The presets

just got a message from my friend, and she said they were great live, and something about a lot of neon... :dunno:

The presets

Will check them out they have 2albums on emusic Apocalypso and beams will download one of them and report back!!

Tokyo Police Club - Elephant Shell

Never knew they released a record this year. What is it? 10 songs in about 10 minutes. Very easy listen, bit like Foals being easy listen record of the year.

Also didn't know The Walkmen had a new one until today.

Portishead - Third

It's not very good. But it's by Portishead so it's the best.

I once spent the afternoon driving around Hamilton and Thurnby Lodge to that whilst at work. Shat me up. Like my morning walking around Braunstone with DJ Shadow on the pod.

Best album so far - TV On The Radio, Dear Science.

Honourable mentions to Elbow and MGMT.

Best record I heard all year was Band Of Horses' second.

purely off the top of my head, albums by: Grouper, Mogwai, Dodos, Fleet Foxes, fook Buttons, Deerhunter, Department of Eagles have all been good and great.

edit: cut copy as well, that was a good 'summer soundtrack' album.

:o Grouper. :thumbup:

Fleet Foxes, fook Buttons, Department of Eagles

Are you taking the piss?

Some students seriously thought those names would look good on album sleeves?

Christ! I knew the government should have got tougher on drugs years ago!

Archived