Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Guns N Roses

Anyone hear their new single played on Radio 1 today?

I've only heard it once, but I quite liked it. I'm all for older rockstars being given the boot usually, but this still kicked ass and sounded different enough to be interesting and yet still discernibly G'n'R.

Nice.

Wiki suggests this album is 14 years in the making, or at least 10 in terms of recording time.

They make My Bloody Valentine and The Blue Nile look like workaholics. If it ever sees the light of day as an album, it'll sell 67 gazillion copies but probably still make a loss.

Guns & Roses are sublime.

I love them.

Slash is a god.

Actually Slash would certainly be in my all time top 10 Guitarists.

slash claims he has made no contribution to the album. and your right slash is an absolute legend.

Wiki suggests this album is 14 years in the making, or at least 10 in terms of recording time.

They make My Bloody Valentine and The Blue Nile look like workaholics. If it ever sees the light of day as an album, it'll sell 67 gazillion copies but probably still make a loss.

official release date 24th Nov..............we'll see

They were saying on Radio 1 (ie, possibly not 100% accurate :rolleyes: ) that the only confirmed member of G 'n' R's line-up from their previous albums was Axl. :dunno:

That has been the case for a long time it's more an Axl Rose solo album than a G n R Album

I though it sounded a bit predictable to be fair and pretty average and as far away as you could get from the sort of quality of the first couple of albums

That has been the case for a long time it's more an Axl Rose solo album than a G n R Album

I though it sounded a bit predictable to be fair and pretty average and as far away as you could get from the sort of quality of the first couple of albums

Does this mean you don't rate the Use Your Illusion albums or were you just generalising when you said first couple (Lies* and Appetite For Destruction)?

*Given that Lies is more a mini-album than a proper album.

The Use Your Illusion albums were quality, though II much more so than I (which I always thought was weird). Then came the Spaghetti Incident - literally!

Does this mean you don't rate the Use Your Illusion albums or were you just generalising when you said first couple (Lies* and Appetite For Destruction)?

*Given that Lies is more a mini-album than a proper album.

The Use Your Illusion albums were quality, though II much more so than I (which I always thought was weird). Then came the Spaghetti Incident - literally!

what I ment was the first incarnation of the band and all those albums mentioned take II as you talked about every song is a killer, really really strong songs throughout.

this new one just sounds a bit well ordinary.

Its ok.

Sidenote: Slash is one of the most over rated guitarists ever. Hes good dont get me wrong but to compared to others he aint that good, but I guess if you play lead guitar in one of the biggest bands in the world then you get more attention.

Its ok.

Sidenote: Slash is one of the most over rated guitarists ever. Hes good dont get me wrong but to compared to others he aint that good, but I guess if you play lead guitar in one of the biggest bands in the world then you get more attention.

I have to say I agree with that :unsure:

Its ok.

Surely part of being a great guitarist is not only the talent to play, but the talent to perform as well?

• 1 month later...
I think Axl should do the world a favour and Die ..

He tore apart what couldv'e been, and were at the time the best rock band on the planet.

he's a knob.

now, is this worth me getting? i liked G'nR back in the olden days, but always thought waxl was/is a bit of a dick, and prefer velvet revolver, but if anyones got it, is it worth a listen?

now, is this worth me getting? i liked G'nR back in the olden days, but always thought waxl was/is a bit of a dick, and prefer velvet revolver, but if anyones got it, is it worth a listen?

It's worth a listen at least.

It's all a bit samey tbh, but there are some top tracks.

At least check out Prostitute, Better, Shackler's Revenge, Madagascar and Sorry.

Try the whole record though. (Y)

Prostitute is gosh darn awesome.

It's worth a listen at least.

It's all a bit samey tbh, but there are some top tracks.

At least check out Prostitute, Better, Shackler's Revenge, Madagascar and Sorry.

Try the whole record though. (Y)

Prostitute is gosh darn awesome.

cheers mate, i will give them a whirl, and,obviously, purchase it if i like it. :whistle:

Archived