Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcrinaldi

Guitar Hero WT or Rock Band 2

I want to buy one of eith guitar hero or rock band and completely undecided on which one, im more tempted to go for guitar hero, anyone else sharing my dilemmas or have any words of wisdom please.

Have you got Rock Band 1?

What I am doing is buying the guitar hero game playing it with my Rock Band 1 instruments and then waiting till Rock Band 2 comes out!! Rock Band one was better than all the Guitar heroes in terms of playability, download content and so on you will also be able to rip all songs from RB1 to play with 2 AND all downloaded songs will carry over something that didn't happen on GH

An advert has been on TV stating a November release but I can't find a date anywhere, I wonder if they are just going to announce it like a weeks before to try and make it a massive in demand seller for Christmas.

It really is. Guitar Hero III was absolute wank, I'm afraid.

it was it was total wank to be fair!!

and as for the aerosmith one..... :yawn:

The songs on Rock Band are so much better, The sound is better and the playability is so much better so all in all Rock Band is a better game.

The songs on Rock Band are so much better, The sound is better and the playability is so much better so all in all Rock Band is a better game.

:yesyes: III was woeful. Hammer-ons were so hard to pull off and the tracks weren't great, although they weren't bad.

I agree totally about Rock Band being more playable, as well.

:yesyes: III was woeful. Hammer-ons were so hard to pull off and the tracks weren't great, although they weren't bad.

I agree totally about Rock Band being more playable, as well.

I have to disagree, i found the hammer-omns so much more easier on GH3 then GH2, but GH-WT looks pretty good got some good songs on Imo

An advert has been on TV stating a November release but I can't find a date anywhere, I wonder if they are just going to announce it like a weeks before to try and make it a massive in demand seller for Christmas.

The software is out on the 21st November, the instruments 'this side of Christmas'

It really is. Guitar Hero III was absolute wank, I'm afraid.

Activision made GH1 and GH2, before whatsisface took over for GH3

And Activision now make Rock Band and Rock Band 2.

:D

• 3 weeks later...

This has made my mind up for me. Will be getting the full instument kit soon.

This has made my mind up for me. Will be getting the full instument kit soon.

As I am greedy I purchased both so that I could give and honest opinion and it is as I expected...

GH World Tour is Rubbish so many songs that you have no intention of playing ever again some of them are so crap it's untrue the biggest let down for me is that the sound doesn't sound right and when you are playing the songs it doesn't actually feel or sound like you are playing the songs and hitting the notes and more like you are just hitting buttons to keep it going (I know technically that is what you are doing but....). I played it for a few hours on the first day and then never again.

Rock Band 2 is brilliant as I said before the songs are better, the sound is better and it actually feels like you are playing the song the fact that all my previous downloads from Rock Band work as well is a bonus

Are we sure there will be a new band pack because there hasnt been one for the 360.

i know theres the like pro drums but im not forking out for them about £300.

If there is not another band pack coming out then im just gonna buy rb1 fro ps3 with that band pack then just wait for rb2 to be released for the ps3.

anyone know?

Are we sure there will be a new band pack because there hasnt been one for the 360.

i know theres the like pro drums but im not forking out for them about £300.

If there is not another band pack coming out then im just gonna buy rb1 fro ps3 with that band pack then just wait for rb2 to be released for the ps3.

anyone know?

Yes.

It just hasn't been released yet, only the solus software.

oooh right, its just not even available for pre-order or anything on play.com and stuff...

Do you know when its being released? And if 360 will have exclusivity to that aswell?

From what I've heard from Harmonix, they've promised the instruments 'this side of Christmas', and it'll be on all platforms :)

Plus the RB2 drums will have a facility for extra optional cymbals and a double bass pedal.

From what I've heard from Harmonix, they've promised the instruments 'this side of Christmas', and it'll be on all platforms :)

Plus the RB2 drums will have a facility for extra optional cymbals and a double bass pedal.

I hear RB drums (and equipment) are cheap and plasticky compared with GH.

I hear RB drums (and equipment) are cheap and plasticky compared with GH.

The RB guitar is, put the drums are much better. They're made of higher quality stuff on the pads, and the GH4 drums are very unstable.

Also there's been a lot of problems with faulty GH drums, very insensitive red pads and the cymbals aren't very sensitive either.

The RB guitar is, put the drums are much better. They're made of higher quality stuff on the pads, and the GH4 drums are very unstable.

Also there's been a lot of problems with faulty GH drums, very insensitive red pads and the cymbals aren't very sensitive either.

Not what I've heard...

The GH drums are impact sensitive (i.e the harder you hit them, the louder the sound) unlike RB, and thedon't make a noise when hit (just the noise of the speakers... unlike the noise on the RB drums...

But like I've said, just what I've heard!

Zero Punctuation's GH: WT review: Click here!

Not what I've heard...

The GH drums are impact sensitive (i.e the harder you hit them, the louder the sound) unlike RB, and thedon't make a noise when hit (just the noise of the speakers... unlike the noise on the RB drums...

But like I've said, just what I've heard!

Zero Punctuation's GH: WT review: Click here!

The GH drums, I will admit, are a lot quieter than original RB drums, they make a thud rather than a clack, which is much nicer.

However, they've changed the compound for the RB2 drums, and added a gel pad in the centre to further aid noise reduction, and I'm sure I heard that the RB2 drums are velocity sensitive.

rb2_large_3.JPG

You can see the pads there

Archived