Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcrinaldi

Guitar Hero WT or Rock Band 2

The GH drums, I will admit, are a lot quieter than original RB drums, they make a thud rather than a clack, which is much nicer.

However, they've changed the compound for the RB2 drums, and added a gel pad in the centre to further aid noise reduction, and I'm sure I heard that the RB2 drums are velocity sensitive.

rb2_large_3.JPG

You can see the pads there

Well I stand corrected... bad info!! :)

I think the gh rb argument will never realy die down until like the pro fifa situation fifa is blatently a million miles better.

But at the minuit rb and gh are both as good as each other, from reviews ive heard rb has batter gameplay but gh has better instroments (which i would agree, the rb guitar looks so tacky and cheap), most people it will just come down to the songs and the download availability, it is very close as both games have pretty much the same bands, but again rb wins because of the mass library of songs you can download...

• 2 weeks later...
I think the gh rb argument will never realy die down until like the pro fifa situation fifa is blatently a million miles better.

But at the minuit rb and gh are both as good as each other, from reviews ive heard rb has batter gameplay but gh has better instroments (which i would agree, the rb guitar looks so tacky and cheap), most people it will just come down to the songs and the download availability, it is very close as both games have pretty much the same bands, but again rb wins because of the mass library of songs you can download...

I fully agree with you, pretty much, the way I see it;

Guitar - Guitar Hero, RB is cheap and Tacky

Drums - Rock Band, GH's first attempt, and for a 'hardcore' player like me, they aren't brilliant. Cymbals don't bounce very well, they're unstable and the foot pedal is uncomfortable and has no give.

Mic - Nothing to choose really.

Song Library - Not a lot to pick, GH has a few really good ones and a lot of shit ones, Rock Band has a few good ones, and a few ok ones. However, RB does have exclusive rights to AC/DC

Downloads - Rock Band, virtually a whole album released every week, huge variety to choose form.

Gameplay - Both have their perks, and I suppose it's down to personal preference. For me it's RB, I prefer the graphic style and layout, and the 'bar notes' rather than the land mines from GH are much more suited to playing fast songs.

A Rock Band marathon tonight. Need to dust it down in preparation for RB II. :cool:

Rock Band 2 is the bollocks mate!!

I love it

even on solo mode you go on a tour can play the songs in career on any instrument you don't have to do a career for each one

the songs are brilliant Tenacious D is insane on guitar on Hard let alone extreme did RATM Testify on Expert and couldn't move my fingers for and hour, ok not quite but the game is immense.

GH got played for 2 days and I was bored of the crap sounding songs and rubbish gameplay

I love it

even on solo mode you go on a tour can play the songs in career on any instrument you don't have to do a career for each one

the songs are brilliant Tenacious D is insane on guitar on Hard let alone extreme did RATM Testify on Expert and couldn't move my fingers for and hour, ok not quite but the game is immense.

GH got played for 2 days and I was bored of the crap sounding songs and rubbish gameplay

:wub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guitar Hero is being purchased this weekend.

You will regret it!!

Rock Band is far better

you actually feel like you are playing the song in GH it just feels like you are hitting buttons that don't even go with the notes you are playing the timing is out as well

Guiat just looks cool.

If you can convince me to get Rockband then so be it.

By that I assume you mean guitar.

Let me put it one way. I've had two friends buy GH.

Firstly, the first one bought GH with the guitar. Next day, guitar went back to the shop, strum bar didn't work properly.

Three days later, touchpad packs up and he swapped it again, this one works now.

Other mate bought the whole band pack.

First band pack, red pad didn't work, guitar didn't work.

Second pack, yellow cymbol didn't work, so he mixed the drum kits to get one that worked and took the rest back.

Not his guitar's strum bar has stopped working.

The quality of the build on the GH instruments really is shocking, there have been a lot of complaints about it.

If you can stick out the wait, RB instruments should be out soon, and my RB1 instruments have taken a lot of hammer for about 4 months and they work great.

Guiat just looks cool.

I don't know what you need to be convinced by!!!

but hear is a few points that I have already mentioned.

you can import all songs from Rock Band 1 and play them within the rock band 2 game making the library of songs massive

The Download content for Rock Band is beyond massive and growing every week currently at 345 songs GH about 50 11 of which are Metallica.

The way the game plays is far far better you are in more control of what songs you want to play and when.

In RB on tour you can play one song on Drums, another on Guitar and then sing one all on the same game. In GH you have to do a different tour for every instrument so in other words you can't play any songs on drums without completing the drum tour on RB you can select ANY song to play.

The way the game plays is far better on RB the actual notes you have to hit look better and are easier to understand it flows in a far superior way.

on RB when you hit a note it actually sounds like you are hitting a note and playing it in time with the song, in GH the timing is all out it just feels like the song is separate to the game and that you are just hitting buttons to keep it going not like you are playing the song. The actual feeling of involvement is so different it's untrue.

The sound quality is also very different the songs on GH sound almost like they are mono the songs just sound so much better on Rock Band

any other reasons needed just ask!!!

I don't know what you need to be convinced by!!!

but hear is a few points that I have already mentioned.

you can import all songs from Rock Band 1 and play them within the rock band 2 game making the library of songs massive

The Download content for Rock Band is beyond massive and growing every week currently at 345 songs GH about 50 11 of which are Metallica.

The way the game plays is far far better you are in more control of what songs you want to play and when.

In RB on tour you can play one song on Drums, another on Guitar and then sing one all on the same game. In GH you have to do a different tour for every instrument so in other words you can't play any songs on drums without completing the drum tour on RB you can select ANY song to play.

The way the game plays is far better on RB the actual notes you have to hit look better and are easier to understand it flows in a far superior way.

on RB when you hit a note it actually sounds like you are hitting a note and playing it in time with the song, in GH the timing is all out it just feels like the song is separate to the game and that you are just hitting buttons to keep it going not like you are playing the song. The actual feeling of involvement is so different it's untrue.

The sound quality is also very different the songs on GH sound almost like they are mono the songs just sound so much better on Rock Band

any other reasons needed just ask!!!

Price difference?

:P

• 2 weeks later...

I love it

Yeah, my brother bought it the other day, I'm loving it so far. Some quality tunes on there, Journey - Anyway You Want It? YES!

Guiat just looks cool.

Seriously, get Rock Band. :thumbup:

It also has Paramore. PARAMORE!

I've played both, I prefer Rock Bands graphics, and just think it's the more playable of the two, and I prefer the songs, which are down to personal preference tbh.

dont get me wrong though rock band is great :thumbup:

ive played both,

both are good,

but i prefer GH

I suppose I'm one of the 'hardcore' players on these games, and one of my mates is fecking awesome, he's like 5th on the world on a couple of songs, but I think Rock Band is for the more serious, high-scoring, precision-obsessed players, whereas GH is more pick-up-and-play, everyone's heard of GH so it's the best, right?

I suppose I'm one of the 'hardcore' players on these games, and one of my mates is fecking awesome, he's like 5th on the world on a couple of songs, but I think Rock Band is for the more serious, high-scoring, precision-obsessed players, whereas GH is more pick-up-and-play, everyone's heard of GH so it's the best, right?

I'm one of those obsessive people as well.

I don't care how sad that is. :thumbup:

Archived