Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Legend_in_blue

Resistance 2

It's all about this Friday folks. The touted 60 player online multiplayer, the 8 player co-op and the rather good single player campaign will be here in just 6 days time.

resistance2_hero.jpg

The original was well under-rated and was a pretty solid shooter to be fair. I enjoyed it at any rate.

This one ups the ante a fair old bit though and should be an absolute blast.

IGN summed it up like this:

"The single player is epic in scope and in story, which is practically worth the price of admission by itself. Then you throw in the extremely engaging co-op and competitive play, which expands on replayability in just about every way possible. Toss in a generous number of unlockables, trophies and community support, and you've got a phenomenal experience."

Who's getting it?

Anyone up for some co-op or getting themselves hammered on multiplayer, let me know.

It's all about this Friday folks. The touted 60 player online multiplayer, the 8 player co-op and the rather good single player campaign will be here in just 6 days time.

resistance2_hero.jpg

The original was well under-rated and was a pretty solid shooter to be fair. I enjoyed it at any rate.

This one ups the ante a fair old bit though and should be an absolute blast.

IGN summed it up like this:

"The single player is epic in scope and in story, which is practically worth the price of admission by itself. Then you throw in the extremely engaging co-op and competitive play, which expands on replayability in just about every way possible. Toss in a generous number of unlockables, trophies and community support, and you've got a phenomenal experience."

Who's getting it?

Anyone up for some co-op or getting themselves hammered on multiplayer, let me know.

I have been waiting for this ever since I completed the 1st one (3 times over). Resistance has been my game of the year this year (Prior to all the releases in November).

Massive multiplayer games do not work - look at Frontlines: Fuel of War. Especially on the PS3's onliine servers, it'll be a lagfest. Granted, Resistance is a faer better game than Frontlines so there should be a whole load of difference, but will it be a CoD killer? Not a fcking chance.

Massive multiplayer games do not work - look at Frontlines: Fuel of War. Especially on the PS3's onliine servers, it'll be a lagfest. Granted, Resistance is a faer better game than Frontlines so there should be a whole load of difference, but will it be a CoD killer? Not a fcking chance.

Word has it that there are no lag problems whatsoever on the 60 player maps.

• 3 weeks later...
great game, graphics are great, the forest mission early on was bloody scary lol, didnt know when i was gonna get shot at

Chicago is the best level.

The graphics are great in places, I'd agree with that, but in some areas they feel unfinished. It's a step forwards from Fall of Man, graphically, but I'd still expect more from a main PS3 title. Killzone 2 for example looks extremely good.

• 2 months later...

Finally got round to playing this and have just done the mission where you have to go aboard the chimera spaceship... it's all good stuff so far although those invisible bad guys scare the bejesus out of me at the best of times!

Finally got round to playing this and have just done the mission where you have to go aboard the chimera spaceship... it's all good stuff so far although those invisible bad guys scare the bejesus out of me at the best of times!

I really enjoyed this game.

It's a pity that 'the greatest FPS of all time' Killzone 2 is not as good when it comes to the control setup.

Call me a grumpy old man if you like, I don't care, the controls are terrible.

lol I hated those fuckers when you hear the bounding noise (for the first time) and you don't know what the hell it is, then you get hit once and die...took me 3 deaths to figure what it was and where it was coming from in the swamp.

lol I hated those fuckers when you hear the bounding noise (for the first time) and you don't know what the hell it is, then you get hit once and die...took me 3 deaths to figure what it was and where it was coming from in the swamp.

Took me three attempts to make it down one sodding corridor because I couldnt find where the git was coming from!

Archived