Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

According to all things that I've heard, read, watched, around 2-3am it'll start snowing here (Leicester) and will continue until around 9am when it'll subside somewhat. It is due to be HEAVY SNOW during that time accumulating several cm's of snow which will be falling, in many areas, on ice. After around 9am, there'll be some flurries throughout the day with temperatures not getting above around 1-2 degrees.

Following days will have some other flurries of snow too so we could see more dangerous driving conditions for the next few days and over the weekend as temperatures won't be getting up much more either.

You've heard wrong mate. No Snow.

I bought 6 stellas in support of the snow-day tommorow... so far i see NOTHING :(

Revised forecasts are saying it'll start at around 3-4am and continue through till 9am with more snow later during the day... it may or may not be a snow day...

:S So, am i gonna wake up to lots of lovely, white, fluffy, 'dangerous to drive in' snow in Norfolk tomorrow this morning.... or not? :unsure:

I'm saying yes... Sods is saying no...

But I only know about Leicester... not sure about Norfolk... that's over Norwich way isn't it? If so... don't think you'll be seeing much snow but then again, I could be wrong. Can't say I've been paying much attention to Norfolk weather forecasts... hehe!

Pretty.

Haha you're always trying to annoy people. Are you doubting my word then love? Pretttttty deep where I was, as I was actually there I would know yes? Back Garden was far worse than the front. Sorry it's not 17 foot deep like in Norway but like I've said before Britain is not renowned for its hefty snowfall :thumbup:

i don't mean to annoy, i just feel left out all the way over here :(

i just find it really funny that 'heavy snow' = 'a few centimetres'.... and yes i do feel quite smug that the 4 inches or so that fell overnight here had absolutely no effect whatsoever, mind you on the way to the train station it was about 2 inches deep in slush - not good.

i'm in england end of next week and no doubt it will be heavy rain for the week :angry:

seriously, i love snow, it's not 17 feet, but i'll post some pictures of how beautiful it is here when it does snow (and bare in mind the previous two years were practically snow free here!)

All Arriva buses suspended. :laugh:

Oh this country is great.

Arriva buses are cancelled until further notice.... which is fantastic, except for the fact I'm already at work and will have a 10 mile walk home.

The driver knew about one stop after I got on, but didn't bother telling anyone until we actually got off the bus.

ii just find it really funny that 'heavy snow' = 'a few centimetres'.... and yes i do feel quite smug that the 4 inches or so that fell overnight here had absolutely no effect whatsoever.

Infrastructure... that's the difference. Whilst people over there grit the roads, have snow tyres, correct clothing etc etc etc, we have nothing and just want to go and throw snow at each other. This happens once every 18 years, so it's not exactly a surprise people aren't prepared for it.

I would love to know why, I haven't seen one piece of grit on any roads I've been down this week.

Edited by Babylon

Infrastructure... that's the difference. Whilst people over there grit the roads, have snow tyres, correct clothing etc etc etc, we have nothing and just want to go and throw snow at each other. This happens once every 18 years, so it's not exactly a surprise people aren't prepared for it.

I would love to know why, I haven't seen one piece of grit on any roads I've been down this week.

Apparently a lot of local authorities have 'run out'.

Which seems strange as they've only really done motorways - and even then there was a big stretch of the M20 they couldn't be bothered with.

Apparently a lot of local authorities have 'run out'.

Which seems strange as they've only really done motorways - and even then there was a big stretch of the M20 they couldn't be bothered with.

Exactly... how can they run out when they haven't used any in the bloody first place. The country is made of grit, sand and salt, how can you run out???

I could walk over saino's and buy some salt and get the grit from my garden!!!!

you'd be surprised - roads aren't gritted, they just clear the thick loose snow and the tyres do the rest, but go out to the suburbs and there's snow on the roads a week after it last fell...

they do grit some pavements, and some train platforms but not so many - there is ice everywhere here, and people do fall over!

and as for correct clothing, well british people spend enough money on clothes, the fact that it is freezing cold all winter (regardless of snow) should be enough to make people think, i should really by a decent coat... mind you i was out the other day it was minus 10 or something and i had a good coat, hat and gloves on, but my legs were only covered with jeans - maybe i'm just a hard man.

i know it's different, and i know it doesn't come often (tho most years there is some snow) - but cancelling buses is a disgrace and symptomatic of the bullshit transport companies in england - they should run all weather, no excuses, especially not a foot of snow.