Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

Anyone know what it's like at Heathrow?. My son's girlfriend is due to arrive there tomorrow from New Mexico.

Living in an area where it's often 100 degrees and where the average temperature is over 80 degrees for close to five months of the year, she's been quite excited about the prospect of seeing the snow - though a covering of snow and being snowbound will doubtless provoke different reactions.

Edited by Thracian

Anyone know what it's like at Heathrow?. My son's girlfriend is due to arrive there tomorrow from New Mexico.

Living in an area where it's often 100 degrees and where the average temperature is over 80 degrees for close to five months of the year, she's been quite excited about the prospect of seeing the snow - though a covering of snow and being snowbound will doubtless provoke different reactions.

I don't think Valerenga will be sharing that view when he arrives from Norway tomorrow. :P

I don't think Vålerenga will be sharing that view when he arrives from Norway tomorrow. :P

ha, well we have to catch a train from london at lunchtime, so i'm guessing it will be cancelled or severely delayed.

shall i bring me ski's?

For a moment, I thought you said your girlfriend was due to arrive tomorrow :whistle::giggle:

• 3 weeks later...

:nono:

Issued by The National Weather Service

New York City, NY

11:17 am EST, Sun., Mar. 1, 2009

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM EST MONDAY...

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 PM EST MONDAY.

AFTER A LULL IN THE PRECIPITATION THIS AFTERNOON... A STEADIER SNOW WILL OVERSPREAD THE REGION FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST THIS EVENING. THE SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT AND INTO MONDAY MORNING. THERE MAY BE ENOUGH WARM AIR ALOFT FOR SLEET TO MIX IN ACROSS SOUTHEASTERN CONNECTICUT AND THE TWIN FORKS OF LONG ISLAND AT THE HEIGHT OF THE STORM. THE SNOW WILL THEN TAPER OFF FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST MONDAY AFTERNOON.

TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 6 TO 10 INCHES OVER ORANGE AND WESTERN PASSAIC COUNTIES AND 7 TO 11 INCHES ON THE SOUTH FORK OF LONG ISLAND... TO 10 TO 14 INCHES IN BETWEEN... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE. WHILE SOME SNOW SHOWERS ARE POSSIBLE MONDAY NIGHT... ESPECIALLY OVER CONNECTICUT AND LONG ISLAND... LITTLE OR NO ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED FROM THESE.

SUSTAINED NORTH WINDS OF 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 30 TO OCCASIONALLY 35 MPH WILL RESULT IN BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WITH VISIBILITIES OF LESS THAN A QUARTER OF A MILE AT TIMES.

YAAAAAY! Guess who still has to go to work tomorrow? Me.

Did anybody else notice that pile of snow in the middle of the carpark at MK yesterday? How long has it been since it last snowed? It isn't even that cold. :dunno:

Edited by Webbo

Did anybody else notice that pile of snow in the middle of the carpark at MK yesterday? How long has it been since it last snowed? It isn't either that cold. :dunno:

i presume, like us at my work place, they cleared it from the car park. we still have a massive pile of snow here, that is taking ages to melt