Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

Ridiculous here, snowed in. Cant get into the carpark (it being a corner and a slope put paid to that..) , cant get off the estate now either. In fact, a tow truck came down here to rescue someone and got stuck and ended up needing recovering himself!

Also, just kept sliding when the traffic lights were red at the bottom of the hill, same as the one behind us who nearly bumped us too :(

Like seeing it, loathe driving in it, getting to work's looking a bit dubious tomorrow, dont fancy a 50 mile drive in this, even if I can get out of our road :giggle:

Seen some videos of the snow in the US and it looks pretty wild on the east coast !

Towns about 50 miles away from us got just over 20 inches of snow so it could of been a lot more for us. Worked out great for me because I'm a chef and my restaurant closed last night and for lunch today so I got most of the weekend off. :)

Whoopee! Lotsa snow over here, been coming down like crazy. Whomever said global warming would hamper our chances of snow in winter (and there were a couple of really wet winters in the past ten, fifteen years) obviously needs a check-up.

Love it.

(Now heading outside to clear the vestibule :santa: )

It has been absolutely crazy here in Basingstoke! I drove to a mates house yesterday at around 1.30pm, normal roads, though they were slippery from the snow we had before, I had to leave at 2.20pm and didn't get home until about 3pm, which is a journey that never even takes 5 minutes! I left at the right time though, it got alot worse. My mum left her office just near the town centre and walked home (takes about 1 hour 15 to walk) and she walked past colleagues who were stuck in their cars and had left the office 4 hours earlier :laugh:. Apparently last night there were 2500 abandoned cars! There is a report on BBC News 24 which goes into detail about how badly it has hit us and there is a reporter there too. We must be one of the worst hit places if the BBC are going to bother with a place like Basingstoke. :laugh:

I don't know if the snow is going to get as bad up north but I would certainly advise people to check the weather and the road conditions (if they can) before driving anywhere!!

It has been absolutely crazy here in Basingstoke! I drove to a mates house yesterday at around 1.30pm, normal roads, though they were slippery from the snow we had before, I had to leave at 2.20pm and didn't get home until about 3pm, which is a journey that never even takes 5 minutes! I left at the right time though, it got alot worse. My mum left her office just near the town centre and walked home (takes about 1 hour 15 to walk) and she walked past colleagues who were stuck in their cars and had left the office 4 hours earlier :laugh:. Apparently last night there were 2500 abandoned cars! There is a report on BBC News 24 which goes into detail about how badly it has hit us and there is a reporter there too. We must be one of the worst hit places if the BBC are going to bother with a place like Basingstoke. :laugh:

I don't know if the snow is going to get as bad up north but I would certainly advise people to check the weather and the road conditions (if they can) before driving anywhere!!

it's funny cause last year everyone was saying that there's no point the council investing in snow plows cause last year was just a 1-off freak, and it's happened again this year...

I drove from Northampton to the Isle of Wight last night between 6.30pm and 10.00pm.

It snowed really heavily between Towcester and Brackley and completely covered the road. I was only able to stay on the road by driving along the rumble strip next to the kerb. That was a pretty scary 12 miles!!

Got a bit hairy along the Newbury by-pass as well.

I drove from Northampton to the Isle of Wight last night between 6.30pm and 10.00pm.

It snowed really heavily between Towcester and Brackley and completely covered the road. I was only able to stay on the road by driving along the rumble strip next to the kerb. That was a pretty scary 12 miles!!

Got a bit hairy along the Newbury by-pass as well.

Thats not surprising! lol

How deep is it? Because in that pic with the abandoned cars the snow looks to be about 2mm deep!? lol

Cant believe this country grinds to a halt when countries like Canada have several feet of the stuff and carry on as normal! :unsure:

:giggle: i was expecting it to be much worse than that.... the frustrating thing is, british people spend so much money on crap they don't need, hundreds on gps devices, but won't even consider buying tire chains...

To be fair Canada, Norway and the like get snow much more often than us therefore the government and the consumer has invested more into it. Its obviously less occurent here therefore I'd say it would be a waste of money to buy something like tyre chains for something that might happen.