Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

To be fair Canada, Norway and the like get snow much more often than us therefore the government and the consumer has invested more into it. Its obviously less occurent here therefore I'd say it would be a waste of money to buy something like tyre chains for something that might happen.

Yeah I know and I appreciate that, but we do seem to collapse at the merest smattering of the white stuff too. When I was a kid we used to have far more snow than we do now and we still got to school/work ok. :thumbup:

How deep is it? Because in that pic with the abandoned cars the snow looks to be about 2mm deep!? lol

Cant believe this country grinds to a halt when countries like Canada have several feet of the stuff and carry on as normal! :unsure:

Pretty deep, went up past my ankles in some areas, haven't even bothered driving into town just in case. lol

Even when the snow was still coming down though the roads were ridiculously slippery!

It was bad in February but this is alot lot worse. I do agree though on how much of a joke it is that the town came to a standstill. Completely ridiculous!

I'm currently at my parents in Lincoln (not too far from Donny) and it's snow covered and reaching -4 at night. I'm not holding out much hope for the match on the 29th as it stands.

Hopefully, moving it a day later might let it thaw a bit.....

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

According to the met office website, Cottesmore Rutland had the most snow in the UK over the weekend (13cm on each day.) - How the fook then, when you travel a few miles west to Loughborough, you find 1cm. And by 1cm, I mean 1cm on the paths of minor roads. <_< :angry:

I want to go sledging, goddamit.

To be fair Canada, Norway and the like get snow much more often than us therefore the government and the consumer has invested more into it. Its obviously less occurent here therefore I'd say it would be a waste of money to buy something like tyre chains for something that might happen.

yeah, but i heard the same thing last year, no one is suggesting buying a second set of winter tires as they do here (it's the law) but snow chains aren't THAT expensive especially when you consider how much people spend on really useless crap - snow chains could save your life...

you could spend 500 quid on garden furniture or a grand on a bbq because it might be sunny enough to use them, this is all about stubborn britishness, i'm afraid

and it looks like climate change could be bringing proper winters back to blighty...

...anyway, we got to the inlaws last night and there was about an inch or two of snow, woke up to the sight below and it's still snowing - but this is the first real snow fall we've had this winter so i guess we had some catching up to do...

the snow plow has been down our little street today, but lots of shifting to do to free the car

and needless to say we can't get any reception on the satellite :angry:

014.jpg

...anyway, we got to the inlaws last night and there was about an inch or two of snow, woke up to the sight below and it's still snowing - but this is the first real snow fall we've had this winter so i guess we had some catching up to do...

the snow plow has been down our little street today, but lots of shifting to do to free the car

and needless to say we can't get any reception on the satellite :angry:

014.jpg

Bloody Norwegians need to be better prepared :P:santa:

Bloody Norwegians need to be better prepared :P:santa:

:giggle: yeah, i have another picture of the BBQ a foot deep in snow....

for what it's worth, rather than the usual -10, it's got warm all of a sudden shot up to 2degrees and is melting - that said it'll be dark soon, some probably won't melt completely...