Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

Just got out of the cinema from seeing Avatar and bloody hell it's carnage down here!

There's about four inches settled on the main roads and nothing's moving.

My wife left work at 5.30. It's an 8 mile journey and she's still 4 miles from home - 5 hours later!

She's just been told to go to a community centre near where the car is. I guess she'll be sleeping there tonight.

There are so many families just walking about because we never get snow. This is my 11th winter down here and I've never seen more than half an inch of snow that never lasts longer than half an hour!

I'm convinced snow doesn't like Leicester.

Everywhere else gets a fair share, we get the sloppy seconds.

TBH where i live in stoke is abyssmal for snow, all of the surrounding areas get it and we're left with rain, but it's alright at the moment. :thumbup:

Guest Mee-9

Well i ain't going in. Being stranded at college wouldn't be a good idea. lol

EDIT: Started snowing again where i am.

Edited by Leicester944

Eleven buses stuck outside our house, going one way, last night and nine the other way...and yet work is called off when the road is now clear.

It took me over 50 minutes to get home last night and yet I'd make it in this morning in ten at most.

Brilliant.

My college is open! :thumbdown:

We've had less snow that this in the past and many places have closed i'm sure.

Oh well I don't have to go till tonight, so hopefully if the snow gets worse throughout the day the college will be shut as the day goes on.

Got up at half 7 to attempt to get to college for some reason. Was a bit dodgy on the village roads but the main road was fine, except for the traffic. Took me 15 minutes to do less than 200 hundred yards. <_< So I came home.

Edited by potter3

I walked all the way to lectures, waited for 20 minutes before getting informed they had just been cancelled.

My lecturers are online on the course forum thingy and have been for about half an hour. They live about an hour away in normal travel conditions, why could they not let us know earlier? I could of played 2 or 3 games of Fifa!

Why do people want it to snow so much? It's crap, it's dangerous and it's disruptive. Living in the sticks makes it doubly worse. I hate the stuff. I'd gladly trade all the snow we've had over the past few weeks for some lovely snow and ice free roads any day of the week.

Why do people want it to snow so much? It's crap, it's dangerous and it's disruptive. Living in the sticks makes it doubly worse. I hate the stuff. I'd gladly trade all the snow we've had over the past few weeks for some lovely snow and ice free roads any day of the week.

Snow > Rain.

1 thing though, It could have waited till I was employed then I could have used as an excuse not to go into work, I feel like I missing out on it the point of the snow.

Its like when I was at school, In my whole school life we were sent home from school once, That once my school sent home was a day I was 'throwing a sicky', I still went out and played out with my mates, but I felt like I was missing out cos' I was having the day of anyway and didn't get the enjoyment of being sent home :doh:lol

Edited by Matt