Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

Just curbed the car, slid as I turned on to my street, in first fooking gear too!!

I fooking HATE this weather, for kids and queers.

You're more likely to lose control in lower gears. More revs = more wheel spinning = more skidding. Stick it in the highest gear possible.

where'd u live?

I live up in the hills near the Peak District area. Sort of Notts/Derbys border area.

It's coming down pretty heavy again and everywhere is well covered already.

lol lol

Did you get him??

Damn right I got him - you have to take these opportunities when they arise!

should've wanged it full force, the moment he puts the paper through the letterbox and turns to walk away.

got a snowball thrown at me while i was sat in the car earlier.

I couldn't wang it full force. I wasn't trying to break his nose or oat, just wanted to see the flinch and hear the curses and insults afterwards! He loves the banter and he gets a 5 pound note at Crimbo for his troubles so it's all part of his job.

Good man.

Still waiting for our flurry of snow here in London Town.

No snow in London yet?

I don't mean to freak people out in London but I always wonder if the pollution down there stops you getting much snow. Does it turn the possible snow into poisoned rain before it has chance to reach the ground?

Or do they get plenty of snow in London and what I said is just some far out science fiction conspiracy snaz?!

No snow in London yet?

I don't mean to freak people out in London but I always wonder if the pollution down there stops you getting much snow. Does it turn the possible snow into poisoned rain before it has chance to reach the ground?

Or do they get plenty of snow in London and what I said is just some far out science fiction conspiracy snaz?!

Aha this time around, the rest of the country has got it first because it came over from Norway (Valerenga will tell you why probably ;) ), and maybe pollution does have a say? I don't know. Thing is, where I am, we haven't had much rain either. In fact, I don't think it's even rained today. It's just been fookin cold!

We do get snow though, eventually!

I walk about 1.5 miles everyday to get into uni (fook off £1.60 bus fair!) now would it be too much to ask for the council to put enough grit down for about a 6 inch path? Maybe give postman a little trolley to take with them dispersing it along the pavement the day before snow is forecast?

It's doing my head in, I walk up and down Hinckley Road which is in perfect nick, nice and snow-less but I'm there skidding all the way in.

Might even save the NHS some money, there most be tons of people breaking bones walking in this weather?!

I walk about 1.5 miles everyday to get into uni (fook off £1.60 bus fair!) now would it be too much to ask for the council to put enough grit down for about a 6 inch path? Maybe give postman a little trolley to take with them dispersing it along the pavement the day before snow is forecast?

It's doing my head in, I walk up and down Hinckley Road which is in perfect nick, nice and snow-less but I'm there skidding all the way in.

Might even save the NHS some money, there most be tons of people breaking bones walking in this weather?!

try 5 miles! and im not allowed to work in the closest shop that is a mile away. im buggered tomorrow.

that's your problem, discovered this walking home from college earlier.

Walk on the clear pavement - slip like a drunken bambi, walk in the slush/snow - no slipping.

Markfields been well and truly fooked by the snow. Just went into the village and back in the car and it took almost an hour lol. apparently the motorways rammed, so the a50's rammed and then every road going off it into markfield. This not helped by the fact that every road in markfield is now a sheet of ice. Cars sliding about everywhere, its like driving a hovercraft aha