Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

fooking hell. Predicted heavy snow, we've got the lightest of coverings, probably not even a cm.

I hate you weather forecasters - you lying bastards :mad:

Back at uni and we didn't even get a mm!

Woke up today, looked outside my window hoping to see some good coverings, and I see pavement and grass!

Back at uni and we didn't even get a mm!

Woke up today, looked outside my window hoping to see some good coverings, and I see pavement and grass!

Not even a spec of snow here in Plymouth. Just a bloody cold wind and a lot of ice! Walking to work this morning was interesting. I have a 45 minute walk through a park and it requires me to walk up a very steep hill. I had to grab hold of branches in the hedgerow and pull myself up it was sooooo slippy!

If it snows fine! but this cold weather is a bloody pain!

Bah Humbug!

Heavy snow was predicted and that was so true. Never, ever seen it this deep before.

Only went to the shops earlier which is usually a 5 minute walk. It took ages. People walking up and down the main road, traffic lights were stuck. Snow was literally half way up my leg, nearly knee cap height.

We had a little bit of snow last night but the BBC forecast is for light snow from 3.00pm today turning heavy from about 9.00pm until 6.00am tomorrow morning.

The shops are already running out of milk and bread.

Met office saying the same for West London (Heathrow area anyway)

Ridiculous in Sheffield, easily knee deep in places. coming back leics now to see if your making a fuss out of nothing.

It was always like that when I lived there. Going to the chip shop two streets away became a Shackleton-esque feat of endurance.

I assume everyone abandoned their cars ages ago. City built on seven hills + snow = leave car and walk home

Guest DavidJCW

What the hell is it with Leicester!?!

North of Leicester is knee deep in snow... south of Leicester is knee deep in snow... in Leicester we're lucky to get a few FUCKING flakes!!! It's pathetic.

Either bring it down like you've never brought it down before or stop getting my hopes up and FUCK OFF!!!!

North of Leicester is knee deep in snow... south of Leicester is knee deep in snow... in Leicester we're lucky to get a few FUCKING flakes!!! It's pathetic.

Either bring it down like you've never brought it down before or stop getting my hopes up and FUCK OFF!!!!

Micro-climates ;)

A microclimate is a local atmospheric zone where the climate differs from the surrounding area. The term may refer to areas as small as a few square feet (for example a garden bed) or as large as many square miles (for example a valley

urban heat island, unlucky

North of Leicester is knee deep in snow... south of Leicester is knee deep in snow... in Leicester we're lucky to get a few fooking flakes!!! It's pathetic.

Either bring it down like you've never brought it down before or stop getting my hopes up and fook OFF!!!!

We're in a valley it's nearly always worse elsewhere.

As if i'm in college right now, there's at least 4 inches of snow outside covering the ice from yesterday, it's useless trying to walk around site.

how pathetic. 4 inches is a tiny amount of snow and easy to walk around on, when there's 3-4 foot and you're buried up to your waist/chest the you can moan it's too hard to walk.

anyway i'm still pissed off. No more than about 3 inches. Snow properly already!!