Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

Why are people so stupid? If I hear one more text read out on TV opr Radio saying "its a joke we are so crap at dealing with the snow some countries have feet of snow for months and have no disruption but we have it for a few days each year and have chaos" I am going to scream.

Its like they think it is free. They were actually talking about Finland having heated roads last night on the BBC. I mean seriously, get a grip.

Sorry Jon but that's bollocks. We ARE embarrassingly bad at dealing with weather.

Heated roads is a stupidly OTT idea but that doesn't meam we aren't shockingly ill-prepared for it every, single year. And before you get hyper-defensive, not a dig at the government at all. It's a broader, cultural stupidity and we've been the same my entire life - in and out of recession.

Sorry Jon but that's bollocks. We ARE embarrassingly bad at dealing with weather.

Heated roads is a stupidly OTT idea but that doesn't meam we aren't shockingly ill-prepared for it every, single year. And before you get hyper-defensive, not a dig at the government at all. It's a broader, cultural stupidity and we've been the same my entire life - in and out of recession.

Do you own snow tyres? Chains? NO? Why not? Could it be that you think it is excesive to buy such things when it only snows once or twice a year at most?

Snow Chaos

Edited by Jon the Hat

Do you own snow tyres? Chains? NO? Why not? Could it be that you think it is excesive to buy such things when it only snows once or twice a year at most?

Snow Chaos

Has that not been the case for the past umpteen years, recession or no recession. We've never been set for snow during boom or bust. It's not cost it laziness and ignorance.

Edited by Facecloth

Has that not been the case for the past umpteen years, recession or no recession. We've never been set for snow during boom or bust. It's not cost it laziness and ignorance.

It has never been worth the money. Losing a few days work is not worth putting in place a system to deal with any eventuality of snow which mioght or might not happen. Countries that deal with snow well do so becuase it is a normal state and last for weeks or months every year without fail. Comparing us and them is clearly nonsense.

Snow Chaos

You used to see plenty of cars with chains in the early 60s especially during the 63/64 winter which was worse than this and went on for months. I also recall talk of 'winter tyres'. I just assumed that chains were banned to stop them damaging roads that have been salt.

Not even a sprinkling in Narfolk.

You're in the wrong bit of Norfolk - quite a lot round my way when I left for work, and probably even more now. And, yes, I'm still in work.... and very pissed off... and grumpy. :angry:

It's really wierd seeing a white beach with a snowman on it.

We had the tiniest of smidgens last night here in Plymouth. I am so jealous of all you who are getting a decent amount.

My friend lives in brighton and they have been having sledge races all week. Its not fair i tell thee!

Apparently everywhere in this area has had some as well, saltash has some, plympton has some, torqauy has some, exeter has some. Just not us!

Ah well back to normal next week anyway.

Edited by foxhateram

Yep as predicted Leicester has fook all, barely a quarter of 50 miles north.

True but not sure if your talking about the city itself? I'm around 20 miles away (in leicestershire) and we've had plenty. I cant remember when it was consistantly snowing for this length of time, I remember recent heavy snow but then a freeze, but not snow every day for a week. This is enough for me :D

I just wish it had fallen at christmas, no doubt it will be wet and mild instead. :(