Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeShingler

Snow

Nearly crashed the car as I slid on some slush, momentarily lost control but just about managed to avoid the car in front by mounting the footpath.

Killed a couple of pedestrians though but you can't win them all.

Deepest snow I've ever seen - 4 inches in Blaby. South West Leicester has finally had SOME snow :D

EDIT: Can't believe how moany everyone is. SNow is great!

That's cos you don't work in it. Back as recently as the 80s I can remember snow 1-2 feet (not inches) deep and drifts that could be 4-5 feet deep. And it wasn't unusual to get at least one snow fall a year that was over 6 inches deep.

On a professional note I'd just like to say it looks like Royal Mail have thrown in the towel. With tons of stuff still in depots and the weather predicted to get worse, barring RM being willing to pay huge amounts of overtime (and posties being willing to work it of course), lots people will be getting post-Christmas cards. Sorry.

That's cos you don't work in it. Back as recently as the 80s I can remember snow 1-2 feet (not inches) deep and drifts that could be 4-5 feet deep. And it wasn't unusual to get at least one snow fall a year that was over 6 inches deep.

On a professional note I'd just like to say it looks like Royal Mail have thrown in the towel. With tons of stuff still in depots and the weather predicted to get worse, barring RM being willing to pay huge amounts of overtime (and posties being willing to work it of course), lots people will be getting post-Christmas cards. Sorry.

S'ok - thank you for delivering all my Amazon parcels. :kissing::wub: Daggers needs to look and learn. :P

S'ok - thank you for delivering all my Amazon parcels. :kissing::wub: Daggers needs to look and learn. :P

You're welcome.

I personally saw to it that your parcels recieved special attention and were delicately and efficiently delivered to you post haste! :whistle:

On a side note of interest to your good self, East Anglia is currently predicted for HEAVY SNOW on Christmas Eve!

EDIT: that should perhaps be efficiantly... I get scared of being corrected by AoWW :P

Edited by Trav Le Bleu