Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Blur!

Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as PARKLIFE!

And morning soup can be avoided if you take a route straight through what is known as PARKLIFE!

John's got brewers droop he gets intimidated by the dirty pigeons, they love a bit of it PARKLIFE!

Who's that gut lord marching... you should cut down on your porklife mate... get some exercise.

ALL THE PEOPLE

SO MANY PEOPLE

THEY ALL GO HAND IN HAND

HAND IN HAND THROUGH THEIR PARKLIFE

Know what I mean?

I get up when I want except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustmen PARKLIFE!

I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving the house PARKLIFE!

I feed the pigeons I sometimes feed the sparrows too, it gives me a sense of enormous well being PARKLIFE!

And then I'm happy for the rest of the day, safe in the knowledge there will always be a bit of my heart devoted to it.

ALL THE PEOPLE

SO MANY PEOPLE

THEY ALL GO HAND IN HAND

It's got nothing to do with vorsprung durch technic you know

And it's not about you joggers who go round and round and round and round

ALL THE PEOPLE

SO MANY PEOPLE

THEY ALL GO HAND IN HAND

:worship:

http://www.lyricsmania.com/lyrics/blur_lyr...yrics_2679.html :thumbup:

There are a lot of people talking a lot of shit in this thread.

you seen my Christmas mix thing in CD Swap I even put a song by The French on it just in the event you could be tempted to download it!! :)

Ok why Slipknot sold out 3 nights out at Wembley ... Oh yeah they HAVEN'T.

Why Slipknot played to 250,000 over two nights ... Oh yeah they HAVEN'T

Like Slipknot are in the same league as Oasis.

Slipknot are for angry 13 year olds along with Papa Roach.

slipknot and oasis aren't in the same leaugue for a obvious reason there both totally different genres of music both at the peak of their own! slipknot to thrash metal is oasis to brit pop slipknot are the more technical musicians without a doubt but oasis have a bigger fan base because they appeal to a larger variety of people never the less both shit hot bands I went to watch slipknot last week and going to see oasis in june, you don't have to stick to one type of music pal maybe you should broaden your horizon on music isntead of just being a sheep

x2

I absolutely hate Slipknot and Papa Roach even more, but what ASH is saying is ridiculous. Slipknot are insanely good musicians tho.

although I love slipknot and papa roach but ye I agree with you about the rest mate good quote ;)

well, that saves me a job... :rolleyes:

...if you look at the albums, and i don't have any with me at work, the credits are something along the lines of: "all songs by albarn, music by albarn/coxon/rowntree/james"

if you'd ever been involved in the songwriting process, you would understand that this implies a situation where damon would write a song on guitar or piano, which he would then take to the band, as a group they would jam and rehearse the provided song to achieve the arrangement that they would take into the studio.

similar to what happened with oasis' first album if i remember correctly, ie noel had the basic ideas for songs that they took into the studio and owen morris (?) helped them arrange into the finished product (to what extent this influence spread is ambiguous, and best left for another day) - this is also something that happened on early beatles stuff, with george martin changing some of the song structures.

returning to blur, you can see how this songwriting process has influenced the albums they have released - the arrangements and influences are widely varying because of the input from the 4 members, whilst that particular flavour of albarns songwriting runs through all (or most) of what they have done.

no doubt, ash, you have listened to coxon's solo work :giggle: and will be aware of the completely different songwriting style coxon has to blur material, whilst there is a distinct 'blurness' in the melodies and chords of albarns solo stuff.

:blush:

This has to have become one of the most pointless threads I've ever read.

As far as infantile 'debate' goes though, it's a timeless classic. :unsure:

I can't be arsed to wade through all the shit and try to determine which posts should be binned and which are, dubiously, worth keeping. It's run it's course - I've lost patience. End of.

Archived