Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Nintendo Wii

When I bought Jetpac for my Spectrum in 1983 it cost £5.50, and it's only the ignorance of the gaming public that means you cannot go and buy Jetpac 2011 from your favourite retailer, but if you could it would probably be more than that.

It's more the cumulative cost - if you bought every version of Call of Duty from the original one to Call of Duty: Two weeks leave in Skegness or whatever they're on now, you'd probably have spent more than it cost to buy a PS3. Or something. It's still pointing a gun at people with silly foreign voices and laughing as they die, but with more detailed facial hair and louder unwanted rock music.

I'm talking like an old person again, please ignore me

....Almost every decent game on the Wii is recycled and cost around the same as Xbox/PS3 Games. Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros, Smash Brothers, Metroid, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Zelda bums Mario, Princess Peach gets roasted by Kirby and Link. All been done before They're just as bad if not worse for not coming up with new ideas.

....Almost every decent game on the Wii is recycled and cost around the same as Xbox/PS3 Games. Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, New Super Mario Bros, Smash Brothers, Metroid, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Zelda bums Mario, Princess Peach gets roasted by Kirby and Link. All been done before They're just as bad if not worse for not coming up with new ideas.

I wasn't having a dig at any console, I was just pointing out why I dropped out of gaming in the first place. I'm well aware of the Wii's limitations compared to other consoles and frankly I think Mario is a massive willy puller and always have done which is why I've never contemplated having a Nintendo system until now. Zelda and all that lot hold no appeal either, but we're buying one for different reasons to other console purchases I've made, as have a lot of folk which is why Nintendo have managed to find this niche, I imagine. The fact that you can get COD etc on it is a bonus really.

I like the sound of Princess Peach gets roasted by Kirby and Link. It sounds like wholesome family fun.

I've also learned that you can get an updated version of Jetpac on the Nintendo virtual console, so it would appear that there is justice in the world after all

• 2 weeks later...

Archived