Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

I'm claiming Music Discussion back for the people

I've been getting back into listening to NIN and their entire back catalogue loads recently. The Ghosts I-IV volumes are fantastic too and well worth checking out :thumbup:

This threads for the students who like bands who people haven't heard off and get all there opinions out of NME.

i'm not a student either and haven't read the NME since about 1993, my favourite band is the mother of all mainstream bands: the beach boys - but i have also been accused of musical snobbery... :dunno:

and for the record, the music i am listening to at the moment is christmas music: and that covers everything from Spector thru doris day, the carpenters, jona lewie, wham and mariah carey...

so, ash, please pigeon hole me...

eclecticism is the life blood of creativity - you are a frightful hypocrite: NOT liking bands because they are associated (by you) with people who have a university education, then slagging people off for not liking mainstream stuff (which we all do, i'd class radiohead as mainstream, TBH), and then announcing that you are going to see, kings of the obscure indie bands, Deisel Park West...

bizarre, and unfathomable...

PS. AOWW - this is the sort of crap i was talking about re:teenagers....

PS. AOWW - this is the sort of crap i was talking about re:teenagers....

:o You can't compare 'normal teenagers' to Ash17LCFC though. He's an, erm, 'breed' all of his own. >_<:thumbup:

and for the record, the music i am listening to at the moment is christmas music: and that covers everything from Spector thru doris day, the carpenters, jona lewie, wham and mariah carey...

I DON'T WANT A LOT FOR CHRISTMAS, THERE IS JUST ONE THING I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED...

Ash, you talk sh it.

But, for the record, I DID go to uni and yeah, my music taste is better than yours.

But back to the point of Fez's thread, which is a good thread and shouldn't be lost to bickering.

My chosen band was The Cooper Temple Clause. I say was, I mean is, I'm listening to them now... the experience is ruined a little by being interrupted every few minutes by the phone, but enjoyable nonetheless.

My next pic is going to be Blur - since I heard they were coming back (as it were) I've had Beetlebum, On Your Own, Universal and No Distance Left to Run going round in my head. I bloody love Blur.

More on this when I've finished this TCTC album.

I read the NME. You have to read somethig to know whats going on.

I have never been to Uni as it was called Poly in my day.

I like indie along with all the other genres apart from Country and Western and Jazz.

funnily enough, i picked up a copy the other year and it had about 8 bands, just repeated all the way through, all of which were fairly well established...i've actually found that foxestalk is as good as anywhere to pick up good tips

Have you listened to the Chrimbo CD yet, TPH? I wouldn't blame you if you just looked at the pictures, though.

I'm largely indifferent to the idea of Blur reforming, much as I enjoyed them the first time round. I'm just not keen on reunions. I would have been relieved about the Smiths reunion not going ahead if I hadn't known that it was completely made up in the first place.

I used to read the NME every week from about 1991 to about 2002. It was mildly irritating but informative to start with, although it did always use to piss me off with its ridiculous political posturing (e.g. slagging off Coldplay for going to university - who the f**k do you think reads your mag, cretins?). I don't think it does that as much now, but on the few occasions I've picked it up in the last few years, it's been about as substantial as Casper. Smash Hits in the mid 80s was a more in depth publication than the NME is now - the current incarnation of NME reminds me of Look-In, all pictures and no words. No wonder new bands all look ridiculous

I read the NME. You have to read somethig to know whats going on.

I have never been to Uni as it was called Poly in my day.

I like indie along with all the other genres apart from Country and Western and Jazz.

No Neil Young?

No Johnny Cash?

No Sufjan Stevens?

I used to believe I didn't like country - but the truth is there's good and bad in all genres. Not that I'm criticising your music hairy - you certainly pointed me in the right direction a couple of times. :thumbup:

I am revisiting Lamb. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who loves them.

Lamb - Cotton Wool

I used to have a Lamb album, but I traded it at Archers (Is it still there? Haven't been down High Street in years.) So you may be right James.

I've been getting back into listening to NIN and their entire back catalogue loads recently. The Ghosts I-IV volumes are fantastic too and well worth checking out :thumbup:

:thumbup: Listened to The Fragile the other day, can't understand why it's not rated as highly as NIN's other albums. We're In This Together is a brilliant track.

I am revisiting Lamb. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world who loves them.

Lamb - Cotton Wool

Funny you should say that cos I've been listening to all their back catalogue too over the last two weeks. The Fila Brazilia remix of Cotton Wool on the end of Lamb is one of my fave remixes of all time. Lusty and Gold are my top choices from that album :thumbup:

I used to have a Lamb album, but I traded it at Archers (Is it still there? Haven't been down High Street in years.)

Why? Why would you do that?

Funny you should say that cos I've been listening to all their back catalogue too over the last two weeks. The Fila Brazilia remix of Cotton Wool on the end of Lamb is one of my fave remixes of all time. Lusty and Gold are my top choices from that album :thumbup:

I bought their second album Fear of Fours years and years ago on a complete whim. Just saw it in HMV and thought it might be ok. Still listen to it to this day. The way they build up the sound into huge crescendos with her voice over the top is fantastic.

Hard to pick a favourite album. Used to be Fear of Fours but probably prefer the more stripped down debut now. Some brilliant tracks on What Sound and Between Darkness and Wonder as well.

i've not been to university, so for that reason i'll have a little listen to 'angel dust' by faith no more, and maybe, something by the new york dolls, because looking at some old photos i noticed i used to have a NYD poster up in my bedroom.

Archived